The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-03-2016
SOEC Member

Question Q: Serial number written on bottom of rear seat?

I've found my car number written on various parts with sharpie. So far I've seen on bottom of rear seat and on back of both door panels. Has anyone seen car number on flofits? I bought some SSC seats from a guy and he didn't know what car they came from. Any ideas? Thanks

89-0270 Mustang (Oxford White)
99-0004 XP8 (Chestnut)
89-0136 Mustang Vert (Black) Sold
98-0062 XP8 (Toredor Red) Sold
Old 04-03-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I would guess they had several cars in the shop at the same time and this was how they made sure all the parts got put back on the same car they came off of.
I had the whole interior out of my '85 but did not notice anything like that though.
Tan interior
Old 04-03-2016
Administrator

For the most part. The 1985 and 1986 Saleen Mustangs did not have an interior seating swap.

Most of the 1987-93 Saleen Mustangs had their rear seats recovered to match the front FloFit or Recaros. White most of the front door panels were modified with material inserts to match the new seating.
Old 04-03-2016
SOEC Member

I was just wandering if they numbered the front seats the same way but in a hidden spot?

89-0270 Mustang (Oxford White)
99-0004 XP8 (Chestnut)
89-0136 Mustang Vert (Black) Sold
98-0062 XP8 (Toredor Red) Sold
Old 04-03-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsaleen View Post
I was just wandering if they numbered the front seats the same way but in a hidden spot?
The front seats would have come assembled and covered in Saleen spec material from FloFit. The rear seats are recycled cushions recovered with matching upholstery. Much like how the door panels are recycled (with new Saleen spec inserts) from a given vehicle.
Old 04-05-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Several of the coupe owners have the number written on the back/bottom of their rear seats.

Mine says "362 coupe" on the bottom.