The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-04-2016
SOEC Member

Default Q: Pricing & avalibility? - Emerald Green & Dark Shadow Blue convertibles

Hi All, I just wanted to ask for people's knowledge and experience about how often an Emerald Green or a Dark Shadow Blue Saleen convertible comes up for sale. Also, what do you think one can expect to pay for an original unrestored, low miles ( less than 50k), close to show condition, documented Saleen convertible of either color? Would the value be consistent to NADA's?

I am returning to my love of 3rd generation Mustangs after selling my 1987 GT Mustang convertible almost 20 years ago. Since this will be my last classic car I intend to buy, I thought i'd buy a convertible Saleen

Thank you for any input.
Old 04-04-2016
Administrator

Most of the Shadow Blue Saleen Mustangs are 1989 model year cars. (Most of these feature dark blue tops and charcoal cloth Saleen/FloFit seating.)

Most of the Emerald Green Saleen Mustangs are 1990 model year cars. (These are the 1990 Special Editions from Ford and feature OE white Ford leather seating.)

Black, White, Bright Red are the common exterior colors. Charcoal and Dark Blue are somewhere in the middle. After that... Dark Red. Light Blue, Cinnamon, Dirty White, Yellow and such are less numerous.

If you seek an automatic transmission, easier to find in a convertible, but still fairly uncommon.
Old 04-09-2016
SOEC Member

Hi d3c0d3d -

As the original owner (with all paperwork since day one) of an Emerald Green car (90-140)- I can answer a few of your questions. There were 11 or 12 made, mine was the third. On occasion you see one come up for sale - over the years I've seen one or two. Most of us have kept our cars and enjoyed them. I've had a number of folks approach me - and have a standing offer of $20K on the car - but have opted to keep it.

Good luck, as solid - tight original cars are hard to find - but it's worth it!

Bob
Old 04-10-2016
SOEC Member

Hi Bob,

Sounds like I will have to beat that $20k standing offer... Thank you for your input I really appreciate it, especially coming from an owner of an emerald green Saleen.

- Llorente
Old 04-10-2016
SOEC Member

Llorente -

I recently brought the car to the Good Guys Event in Pleasanton- it was funny (and surprising), the car got all the looks from people who knew what it was - Quite different compared to my Boss 302 experience where people kind of just walk by.....

Anyway, I may take it in June, tell me if you're going to be there - we can catch up.

Bob
Old 04-10-2016
Inactive Account

Not a vert but still blue

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5509800604.html
Old 04-10-2016
SOEC Member

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the lead. I have to keep with a convertible but nonetheless, I love the color!

- Llorente
Old 04-11-2016
Inactive Account

I get it I prefer verts too, here are some better pics from my site

http://saleenlocator.net/web-listing...stang-89-0282/