The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2015-Present Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2015-Present Saleen Mustang The latest generation of Mustang by Steve Saleen based on the S550 platform. White Label, Yellow Label and Black Label. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-01-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: 2015 Production Lead Time?

I'm not,a mustang owner but a car enthusiast coming here to ask a question. Older friend purchased a 2015 black label and it's still not been delivered. What's the typical lead time for one of these?

I've been around cars long enough to know how long a build takes but never bought something like this from the dealer. Thanks for the help
Old 06-03-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

I guess nobody knows since nobody has received one?
Old 06-03-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
I guess nobody knows since nobody has received one?
A handful of 2015 S302 Black Label Mustangs were delivered.

Sometimes... there is a wait.

http://soec.org/mustang-doug-introdu...label-15-0026/
Old 06-04-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Question...

He mentioned ordering the carbon fiber package. Does that package not come standard with the black label? Where is it located on the vehicle?
Old 06-04-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thanks, he is an older guy that doesn't know about some of the financial "issues" and just trying to look out for him. Wasn't sure if anyone had gotten one since he has been waiting for a year now
Old 06-04-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieBandit View Post
He mentioned ordering the carbon fiber package. Does that package not come standard with the black label? Where is it located on the vehicle?
All of the 2015-16 S302 Black Label Mustangs have the exterior carbon pieces as standard.
Old 06-05-2016
SOEC Member

And it is the lip trim around the entire bottom of the car.
Old 06-06-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

So is Mustang Doug misinformed or maybe referring to an interior carbon fiber package?
Old 06-06-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Maybe its because I'm new to this or I'm completely not seeing the obvious, but why would anybody order a Saleen from a car dealership if they're going to mark-up the price to make more of a profit? Why not go straight to Saleen? I saw a Red white label Saleen with the black label signature series aerodynamics and carbon fiber trim selling for $90k. The white label starts at $45k so I wouldn't think there would be another $45k worth of options on that car. The link is below. If they mark up a white label to $90k, there's no telling what they'd mark up a black label.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=20438
Old 06-06-2016
Administrator

Quote:
So is Mustang Doug misinformed or maybe referring to an interior carbon fiber package?
Yes. Exterior carbon package is standard on the Black Label. Currently, there is no optional interior carbon package.

Quote:
Maybe its because I'm new to this or I'm completely not seeing the obvious, but why would anybody order a Saleen from a car dealership if they're going to mark-up the price to make more of a profit? Why not go straight to Saleen? I saw a Red white label Saleen with the black label signature series aerodynamics and carbon fiber trim selling for $90k. The white label starts at $45k so I wouldn't think there would be another $45k worth of options on that car. The link is below. If they mark up a white label to $90k, there's no telling what they'd mark up a black label.
The vehicle in question is a Black Label 4-valve. Has all of the Black Label equipment, but no supercharger.
Old 06-16-2016
SOEC Member

Default Ordering a new 2016 302 White Label #0028

I just completed taking delivery of my 2016 #0028 on April 16, 2016. It is normally aspirated
Here is the order process: I contacted Derek Hall in sales. Placed an order with him. Selected all the Ford options I wanted on the car along with two of Saleen options. They placed the order with a local dealer. It took 2 months for the dealer to get delivery due to the Christmas holiday. It took Saleen another 2 months to get my car ready. They did have a delay with one of their suppliers and that caused some of the delay which was not their fault. They asked me if they could show the car at the Ford's Forever car show which is the largest Ford show in CA.
They were very accommodating in taking car of us while we spent the day with the Saleen folks. Steve signed my dash in a signing ceremony with all the pics.
So all in all, I ordered the car on Dec 16th and took delivery on April 16th. Total of 4 months. If you are not a patient person this could drive you crazy. :big grin:
I did do my due diligence on the Saleen company and did spend some time reviewing their financials. I know that investment dollars is an important lifeline for Saleen. Production is starting to ramp up which will help with the bottom line.
Old 06-16-2016
SOEC Member

Hate to say it - but look at their cash position - they use orders to current car production. They had a debt facility who reneged on giving them debt. White label is the only option now as most of the car still falls under ford warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Has anyone else ordered a 2016 yellow or black label?
Old 07-14-2016
SOEC Member

Guys as a post I just got a call from my local ford dealership coming to me for payment on work that was done months ago - apparently Saleen told them they are out of money

Old 07-14-2016
SOEC Member

Thumbs up Saleen financial status

I'm sorry to read about the dealership not receiving their payment. That puts undue pressure on you. Unless or until I hear that Saleen has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy (reorganization) I will continue to hope and pray that Steve and the gang will pull out of this financial slump. It certainly won't be the first time. They are still traveling to car shows around the country as well as meeting their payroll, I guess. I have not heard anything about them missing paychecks. Has anyone else? Showing up to car shows is one way to keep their face on regarding doing business. Their warehouse is full of Mustangs awaiting parts. I saw it with my own eyes. Here's to them pulling it out.
Old 07-15-2016
SOEC Member

Company is a joke - great cars - horrible business model - they take deposits to fund their business - which in financial terms is called a Ponzi scheme - I am hiring a lawyer.

Old 07-15-2016
SOEC Member

Only saw an issue with speedometer listed in your posts. What issue was it and what other issues have you had?
Old 07-15-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

They didn't pay warranty work in the early 2000s why would they now.
Old 07-17-2016
SOEC Member

Yup that's the issue - the instrument cluster was replaced about 4 months ago in addition to the local dealer performing the supercharger calibration update - and they still haven't been paid for this work even after Saleen agreed to pay

Old 07-18-2016
SOEC Member

Did they replace the cluster with the Saleen speedo and guages or the factory FOrd ones? What was the issue?
Old 07-19-2016
SOEC Member

When the white faces were installed they somehow messed up the speedometer where it would stick / after about a month of back and forth between the dealership and Saleen it was determined it was a Saleen issue and the gauge cluster was replaced (sans the white face) - Saleen still hasn't paid

Old 07-21-2016
SOEC Member

Well then that is not cool, that they went out and they have not paid and now you are back to stock cluster. At this point I am bracing myself to possibly pay for warranty work.
Old 07-22-2016
SOEC Member

Unfortunately I think that is the reality - personally I think ford should step in and cover - we shall see

Old 07-27-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosocho View Post
Unfortunately I think that is the reality - personally I think ford should step in and cover - we shall see

Why would Ford cover it? They had nothing to do with it.

That is like saying you go put new tires on your car and discount tire cracks your wheel. Then you go to the Ford dealer trying to get them to cover a replacement.
Old 07-30-2016
SOEC Member

It's a bit different than that as ford has had a long standing relationship with Saleen - including using Saleen to paint the initial run of the ford gt etc - and I'm pretty sure ford still profits by selling the base car to be modified etc

Old 04-19-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

In my opinion this version is the best ^^