The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-15-2008
Account with Invalid Email

Default 1987 Saleen #47

I am purchasing a 1987 Saleen, car number 47. The car is white with white basket wheels and the three color blue saleen stripe. How can I find out the total production numbers for this color combination?

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Saleen47 View Post
I am purchasing a 1987 Saleen, car number 47. The car is white with white basket wheels and the three color blue saleen stripe. How can I find out the total production numbers for this color combination?

Thanks!
Juli at Team Saleen should have this info as to how many were built like yours.

As a quickie (and it doesn't answer your question about the stripes). The old Redeker Book lists 70 white Saleen hatchbacks with grey interior, and 1 with beige for 1987.

The photos of 87-0047 on the PAS website make it look like a great car... and it's in the Bowling Book!

Congrats!

Nothing beats white and blue.

Last edited by Saleen Forums Admin; 05-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2008

Thanks for the information. I have owned several very nice fox body cars in the past, this will be the first Saleen. I am looking forward to taking delivery on the car.
Old 04-17-2008

Congratulations on your Saleen. Looks like you and I are close in numbers. I have 87-065, Dark Gray Metallic with gray interior.

If you ask for a letter of authenticity it will also have that information in the letter. Example: Mine lists as 1 of 24 total Dark Gray Metallic and 1 of 14 with my options list in 1987.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=#000000]1994 S351 R code. 562rwhp 566rwtq on 93 octane and a little meth![/COLOR]

Last edited by 94S351R; 04-18-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-18-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

If this is your first Saleen, and you don't have the Saleen book, its a must... You can still get it from the Brad Bowling web site...

Gary
Old 04-18-2008
Administrator

You can get them from Brad's site at www.thesaleenbook.com for a fair price.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC: