The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-02-2018
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q's: Engine tune? - 2006 S281 Supercharged

Hi there just wanted to introduce myself as I am back in a Mustang after a decade of nothing.. I have had countless mustangs in the past
( 03 & 04 cobras, new edge GT, 5.0 coupes etc..) and finally got the itch of owning another one.. Picked up a 2006 Saleen sc281 with some minor mods. Had questions regarding some of these fuel/engine/tune mods. I was able to find one research online and found brespeed website and I think I may have a supercharger package upgrade. Not sure wether it is a stage 1 2 or 3 upgrade kit.. I have taken pics of the mods in question. I seem to have a kenne bell boost a pump and a JLT intake exactly like the upgrade kits from Brenspeed. I also have the blue fuel injectors and not the black ones that come in the package. I do have a SCT x4 Tuner (not sure what tune is currently downloaded) and a little dial knob under the steering column that when tracing the wire (phone jack type wire running all the way to trunk where boost pump is installed) it is not connected to anything... Here are the pics, what do you all think? I am actually going to email the link to this thread to the peeps at Brenspeed and see if They can help.. The last pic is off the pulley, not sure if you guys can tell if it is the stock size pulley or not...Maybe someone can
chimmy in as far as what the stock pulley size is for the Saleen SC...
Here is link of Brenspeed Upgrade packages:
http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-musta...-packages.html
Pics of mods and pulley:
Old 11-02-2018

Does this look like the stock pulley size:

Old 11-06-2018

Well, no response but I will update.. Turns out this car has a Brenspeed "Corvette Killer" package.. It has the 39# injectors, 3.4" pulley and sct tuner and KB boost pump.... Car pulls really hard, only thing is once and a while the car has a very slight hesitation at close to WOT... I am actually going to get a Dyno tune to fix hesitation and get really numbers on paper as far as having a safe tune with the smaller pulley and power numbers....
Old 11-06-2018

My experience with my 2006's hesitation was spark plugs, new ones solved mine.
Old 11-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damageln View Post
My experience with my 2006's hesitation was spark plugs, new ones solved mine.
Do you have the same mods I have? Whuch spark plugs u running?
Old 11-08-2018

I don't have the stage3 yet. That comes before the end of the year. I am running Brisk plugs
Old 11-09-2018
Administrator

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your S281 SC purchase.
Old 11-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your S281 SC purchase.
Thanks, I'll update my post in a couple days, doing spark plugs HT0s and new air filter from JLT. Plus new fuel filter and fluid/oil flushes from entire drivetrain..
Old 12-29-2018
SOEC Member

I had some hesitation on my 2006 SC. New plugs and fuel filter fixed it.
2006 3-valve - upgraded with Series VI Supercharger - 3.875 Pulley - 39 lbs injectors- Kenne Bell Boost a Pump - JBA Long Tube Headers - Steeda Cold Air Intake - Kenwood DNX6160 In Dash Navigation unit - Stuff and things
Old 01-02-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

FYI, it looks like your supercharger snout is leaking. I would check the oil level immediately.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 01-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
FYI, it looks like your supercharger snout is leaking. I would check the oil level immediately.
Thanks after looking at numerous threads on leaking super charger snouts, I have checked on different numerous occasions around pulley and have never felt any fluid or wetness behind pulley or towards the front ofpulley..
Old 01-12-2019

Ok now you guys got me thinking about a slow leak perhaps....I have not seen any fluid anywhere or leak for that matter, but the snout were the pulley is appears to have a very small thin film of moisture..
*I had a couple questions.. First, was wondering where does the leak happen,* is it where the snout mates to the supercharger body?* If so, can I simply remove the 5 bolts that bolt on the snout to the whole unit without removing the whole supercharger unit and just reseal with FIPG? Also, who sells the dipstick for fluid level check? Thanks so much...
Old 04-15-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc93cruiser View Post
Ok now you guys got me thinking about a slow leak perhaps....I have not seen any fluid anywhere or leak for that matter, but the snout were the pulley is appears to have a very small thin film of moisture..
*I had a couple questions.. First, was wondering where does the leak happen,* is it where the snout mates to the supercharger body?* If so, can I simply remove the 5 bolts that bolt on the snout to the whole unit without removing the whole supercharger unit and just reseal with FIPG? Also, who sells the dipstick for fluid level check? Thanks so much...
We make and sell the dipstick kit. Give me a call and ill explain the areas of concern on the superchargers.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 05-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc93cruiser View Post

I would first check the supercharger oil as you have to unbolt and disconnect everything and lift the supercharger up to undo the snout bolts. Lots of work and could be pretty messy and get oil into the engine antifreeze. If you are going to reseal the snout, better to take the whole s/c off.

To check the oil and add I followed the following site and used the following link to accomplish that. It's not easy but with deft fingers you can accomplish it. Careful not to drop the plug under the supercharger. See the last post here.

https://www.saleenforums.soec.org/sh...ad.php?t=11487