The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2015-Present Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2015-Present Saleen Mustang The latest generation of Mustang by Steve Saleen based on the S550 platform. White Label, Yellow Label and Black Label. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-17-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Help: Considering a 302 Black Label

Hello to everyone. This is my first post, and I would like your opinion/s. I kinda need help being pushed "over the edge" so to speak on buying this car. I have ordered an 2016 GT350 "Track pack" car, which looks to about 6-8 months out. I do not really want to wait that long to have a sports car in my garage. I have had a 2007 911 GT3 RS, a 430 Ferrari, a V8 Vantage, and several other cars. The GT350 got me interested in Mustangs, and now I want a car to drive. I thinks the value is kind of there at $75K but I'm not sold on the lower half of the front end. Has anyone seen this car in person, and sat in it? or better yet driven it. I am wondering how the ride is on their lowering spring. (also) I know the C7 vette is having over heating issues on the track, and wonder if this is just a week end cruiser, or can it survive the track? Lastly what color should I get? Im leaning toward Ruby Red, and how well will this car hold its value? I mean if Saleen goes Bankrupt again and ultimately goes out of business, will the car go up in value because they do not make them anymore or sink like a rock....your thoughts
Old 06-17-2015
Administrator

Are you asking about seeing a GT350 in person or the 302 Black Label?
Old 06-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Are you asking about seeing a GT350 in person or the 302 Black Label?

Sorry let me clarify, I have a GT350 ordered, but I'm considering canceling that for a Black Label 302 Saleen. And want opinion on what to do. frankly the companies financial position is giving me pause, and I'm not completely sold on the lower half of the Black labels front end and want feed back. Frankly 90 views and no comments, this site is not very vocal...JMO The company told me they have sold over 40 units (black labels) and only one person is on the forum?
Old 06-24-2015
SOEC Member

If I was in your shoes, I would want to drive each car first before I purchased either one. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-24-2015
SOEC Member

Agreed. $75k is not drop in the bucket for a Mustang. I'd lean more toward the Black Label, but I'm biased. Based on your previous rides in sure you'll be pleased with either.
Old 06-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SaleenExtreme View Post
If I was in your shoes, I would want to drive each car first before I purchased either one. Just my 2 cents.
Unfortunately, I do not see that happening, as these car are pre-order only..i.e. you must buy the car and have it built first. I am assuming it rides like a normal S550 with a el-bach lowering kit, and supercharged power. I know the parts are not cheap. I have priced out doing my owe version of a super-mustang and it came out to 60K....the GT350 R is 67K and the Black Label is 75K..so Im having a problem giving what I consider 15K for the name....
Old 06-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
Agreed. $75k is not drop in the bucket for a Mustang. I'd lean more toward the Black Label, but I'm biased. Based on your previous rides in sure you'll be pleased with either.
Agreed as well....I think the standard GT Mustang is a great car. When you get into the 75K- 80K for a Mustang...you have to think twice...this is Viper territory, and the Viper is Hand-built. Sure it's not as versatile ...i.e. back seat etc...but its a lot of car for what you get. I have my reasons I'm not getting one of them for at least another year....(can you say...auto) and I will leave it there...lol
Old 06-25-2015

I talked with you about this at the parade in Carlisle
Old 06-25-2015

I talked with you about this at the parade in Carlisle, I think it all depends and what you are looking for in a car. If you want a car that will get your money back is a few years, its really hard to tell. If Ford makes enough GT350s they could be like the GT500s of the 2007. If you want a car to run now, the black label is ready now.

Gary
Old 09-24-2015
SOEC Member

What did you decide to do, 350 or Saleen?
Old 09-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
What did you decide to do, 350 or Saleen?
I ordered a 2016 Yellow GT350R 5K over MRSP 68K plus 5K ADM= 73K I could not pass it up No VIN number yet... But I have a DORA
Old 09-24-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Its really hard to say. I do like the engine in the GT350R, but Saleen hasn't said what they will do to the engine. But speculating the engines will be similar in horsepower numbers, I personally love Hi-revving engines and that sways me to the GT350R. But...I love the Saleen Enthusiast and the passion the group has slightly better as being a former Shelby prototype owner. So it really boils down to which look moves you. The 2016 Black label makes me holler...OMG SEXY! I also like the exclusivity and knowing that you wont see 3 of them going to work. "Power in the hands of a few".

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"

Last edited by Jason @ 281m; 09-24-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blklabel View Post
I ordered a 2016 Yellow GT350R 5K over MRSP 68K plus 5K ADM= 73K I could not pass it up No VIN number yet... But I have a DORA
Well, that solves that question! Enjoy!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 09-25-2015

Default The only problem I see is..

Because of the P22 tires, FORD will not make any GT350R's from November 2015 to February 2016. Supposedly the tires will crack in temp under 30 degrees. So this is a bummer. Texas winters are not that bad, and if bad weather comes in its gone in a couple of days. I still am not sure what the hang up is at Saleen, I mean has one person received their Black Label?
Old 09-25-2015
SOEC Member

I thought I heard that Saleen will not be doing a GT350 version. Isn't this how rumors get started?
Old 09-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by IES302 View Post
I thought I heard that Saleen will not be doing a GT350 version. Isn't this how rumors get started?
Who said anything about a GT350 version???? Im talking about getting a Real GT350R instead of the Black Label...sorry for the confusion
Old 09-25-2015
SOEC Member

thats a bummer regarding the tires good to be caught now vs later down the road..
Old 09-25-2015
SOEC Member

Congrats on the 350! I've been hearing 10 grand over sticker on the Shelby and this won't be the first time. I got to see one in Carlisle this past June. It's a track car and how can you not like it? Or say something bad about it?! With that said! You call it Sexy, some say flashy. I just call the Black Label Bad ***!

It's unfortunate what happened in 2008. Hell GM was bankrupt yet the company took a loan and recovered. It would be nice if Saleen could do the same, make a recovery. Maybe with the right marketing campaign it could come back to where it needs to be? Should give them credit for being a SPECIALTY company. That's tough in itself. Power in the Hands of a Few? How many can say at one time Fastest Production Car in the World too?!

Best of luck with the GT350!
Old 09-28-2015

Im not sure what magazine it was but did you read the bad review that the Shelly America's Supersnake got? it was very bad...said it was slow and unstably...man for $49K plus the car...you would think it would do better than that..and the funny thing is ..on the 43K package it uses a Roush super charger...why not just go with a Roush Mustang? I think with Saleen at least you are getting your moneys worth...
Old 09-28-2015
SOEC Member

Personal preference in my opinion. I like the Kenne Bell setup on the Saleen. That whipple sound is awesome. The service manager at the Ford dealership, where I work has a 14 Shelby. He upgraded the car to 900 Horse using a Kenne Bell. Nothing like it in Upstate NY. It's old school styling though. The Black Label has everything the Shelby doesn't!

Any pic's of the Saleen?
Attached Thumbnails
Kennebell.jpg  

Last edited by Ironhorse; 09-28-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-28-2015
SOEC Member

I rode in a 2015 Shelby Super Snake at Sonoma raceway in May. The event was organized by the Shelby Club in Orange County.The car rode like it was on rails and could catch the field quickly. This unit had a Whipple blower on it. The SS was there for two days providing track rides to potential customers. I thought Shelby did a nice job on this car.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1527.JPG  

Old 02-10-2016

Default GT350R is scheduled

Well my Shelby GT350 R is finally scheduled. I will probably enjoy the car fro a few months and sell it to a collector friend of mine. I was still interested in a Saleen, but it seems that they just are not getting the Black labels out the door. Am I wrong? I do not see one Black Label out since the blue one in Nov 2015? What is going on? I mean they want a huge deposit down and I do not see the cars delivered..we are not talking about building a whole car but just adding a few things to it. Please correct me if Im wrong and am not looking in the right spott thansk
Old 02-10-2016
Administrator

Quote:
I do not see one Black Label out since the blue one in Nov 2015? What is going on? I mean they want a huge deposit down and I do not see the cars delivered..we are not talking about building a whole car but just adding a few things to it. Please correct me if Im wrong and am not looking in the right spott thansk
S550 Black Labels tend to be pre-sold. These do not appear to be a common "dealer stock" model (like White & Yellow Labels). We are aware of 8-9 S550 Black Label cars.
Old 02-11-2016
SOEC Member

I am thinking not everyone that has or is getting one is on these forums.
Old 02-11-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IES302 View Post
I am thinking not everyone that has or is getting one is on these forums.
Correct. Some are enthusiastic "lurkers."
Old 02-14-2016
SOEC Member

Found a new YouTube video or a couple of 15-026. So some things are starting to show up.
Old 05-25-2016

Default My R finally arrived...still want a Black label though

she came in after 1 year wait..
Attached Thumbnails
3ee92f4c-98b6-4df2-a840-6cfdfc63b0f8.jpg  

345b3e19-28e1-4edf-b8cb-511563fbaa48.jpg  

a53f0531-4014-4cb0-86d2-030f00ce1247.jpg  

Old 05-25-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Hello to everyone. This is my first post, and I would like your opinion/s. I kinda need help being pushed "over the edge" so to speak on buying this car. I have ordered an 2016 GT350 "Track pack" car, which looks to about 6-8 months out. I do not really want to wait that long to have a sports car in my garage. I have had a 2007 911 GT3 RS, a 430 Ferrari, a V8 Vantage, and several other cars. The GT350 got me interested in Mustangs, and now I want a car to drive. I thinks the value is kind of there at $75K but I'm not sold on the lower half of the front end. Has anyone seen this car in person, and sat in it? or better yet driven it. I am wondering how the ride is on their lowering spring. (also) I know the C7 vette is having over heating issues on the track, and wonder if this is just a week end cruiser, or can it survive the track? Lastly what color should I get? Im leaning toward Ruby Red, and how well will this car hold its value? I mean if Saleen goes Bankrupt again and ultimately goes out of business, will the car go up in value because they do not make them anymore or sink like a rock....your thoughts
Interesting question about Saleen going bankrupt I would definitely like to know what would happen if anyone does have Intel. But as far as Saleen I've owned 2 2006 Saleen SC sonic blue... And now I just purchased a 2013 Saleen black label race red with the Whipple blower. I've owned multiple sports cars and there's nothing like Saleen i would definitely get the new black label if it's in your reach.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	19912
Old 05-29-2016
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankeedo1 View Post
Interesting question about Saleen going bankrupt I would definitely like to know what would happen if anyone does have Intel. But as far as Saleen I've owned 2 2006 Saleen SC sonic blue... And now I just purchased a 2013 Saleen black label race red with the Whipple blower. I've owned multiple sports cars and there's nothing like Saleen i would definitely get the new black label if it's in your reach.Attachment 19912
I believe Saleen has a solid product. They have just opened up in the CHina market and that will generate more revenue. Gettign through the bump of the complete redesign created a lot of R & D for the 2015. Even Rousch was having issues with their Stage 3 top model. Brembo could not produce brakes for the aftermarket fast enough for the new vehicles for the aftermarket.
As far as IF they went BK and completely disappeared, I am pretty sure the values would go higher as you could not get one anymore. But I doubt they will go away at this point.
Old 05-30-2016
SOEC Member

For the record I have had an order in for a Black Label. The GT has been with Saleen since Oct 2015 an I am still waiting. It has been quite a bumpy ride and quite frustrating.
Old 05-30-2016
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbibb View Post
For the record I have had an order in for a Black Label. The GT has been with Saleen since Oct 2015 an I am still waiting. It has been quite a bumpy ride and quite frustrating.
What transmission you have? Just asking because I know there was a issue with the tunes from Kenne Bell on the autos.
Old 05-30-2016
SOEC Member

It is the auto, however, the issue at the moment is the Black Label body parts. They have no planned ship date as of last Friday.
Old 05-31-2016
SOEC Member

I did also hear of an issues with their CF cutter.
Old 05-31-2016
SOEC Member

Nice choice with the auto and paddle shifters. Attached a link for a nice add on.

Old 05-31-2016
SOEC Member

I have a 2015 Corvette with the 8 speed auto and really love it. That is why I went that route. Thanks for the link on the extenders, I think I will definatly pick up a pair.
Old 06-01-2016
SOEC Member

Good luck with the car - they are well worth the wait but I think all of us who have a 2015+ have dealt with the delays and frustration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2016

Wait... They have you 2015gt that you might not get to drive till 2017. How's that work your getting a 2 yr old car at full price?