The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-13-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbar View Post
I had that same tank that I got from a guy that had never installed it. Within a week of me putting it in it cracked in the same spot.
I think this is why tanks like the JPC and others use that cap that has a vent built into it like a pressure cooker.. Seems like these tanks were not meant to handle expansion at all. Nice!
Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06281E View Post
I think this is why tanks like the JPC and others use that cap that has a vent built into it like a pressure cooker.. Seems like these tanks were not meant to handle expansion at all. Nice!
Now we sit and wait...

...Soon the tank welder guy will make a "one post and run" appearance. That seems to be the modus operandi whenever someone has an issue w/ anything coming out of that shop.

12 F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Ingot Silver
Old 06-13-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbar View Post
I had that same tank that I got from a guy that had never installed it. Within a week of me putting it in it cracked in the same spot.

So 281 Moto is it still possible?
Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
So 281 Moto is it still possible?
He said it was possible in his response and he would fix it or get you another one. What more do you want? No shop is perfect and what separates the good from the bad is standing behind a product you sell. Some people are just never satisfied.
Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye76 View Post
He said it was possible in his response and he would fix it or get you another one. What more do you want? No shop is perfect and what separates the good from the bad is standing behind a product you sell. Some people are just never satisfied.
Why would he want another tank, or repair done to a product that has already been documented in this thread to have cracked twice that we now know of?

Would you? I know I wouldn't...

Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
Why would he want another tank, or repair done to a product that has already been documented in this thread to have cracked twice that we now know of?

Would you? I know I wouldn't...
I am saying call the guy and resolve it that way instead of bashing him in a random thread on this forum. If he can't offer an acceptable solution, then that's another story. I have had an issue with stuff before and he more than made up for it.
Old 06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye76 View Post

Did you read about the part where I ordered it in Feb and got it in July, or the part where it says uses the stock cap and did not, and where it said it came with fittings, but came with the wrong ones? So yes I am really hard to satisfy I guess.
Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

I had the very first unit made, the prototype and i still have it. It did have a small leak where the weld was not strong and then that split open the entire length of the inside edge, about 14 inches. This was after a year and admittedly i hadn't driven much but Jason was prepared to repair it and has since offered to replace it several times.

I just had mine rewelded when i had the custom intercooler tank built as it was easier as i was off the road for a few months anyway, i have had no problem with it since.
Personally i like both the custom tanks in my car, may be heavier since more fluid, but i have zero heat issues in Socal and i drive it hard apparently.

Just my opinion but the welding of these is best with a bigger weld, however most want a seamless / smooth finish, and as pointed out, the pressure build up in the tank has to go somewhere, so if the cap is strong than the weld, you have a problem, i ow have a thick even weld which after the powdercoat looks great, don't notice it and prefer this over the smooth finish.
I also have the Meziere 20 GPM pump and the venting screw on OEM cap.
Old 06-13-2013

Quote:
Did you read about the part where I ordered it in Feb and got it in July, or the part where it says uses the stock cap and did not, and where it said it came with fittings, but came with the wrong ones? So yes I am really hard to satisfy I guess.
I would say the time thing is a problem and should have been addressed by whoever you bought it from with like a discount or something, then again you could have just cancelled the order no? I don't blame 281 and i don't think anyone else should bash them. It's a hard line to cross, they don't build the tanks, but they stand behind them. I am sure after this and the Meziere issue that has come to light Jason and the rest of the 281 gang are going to really test products to their fullest before marketing them. Everyone has to learn somehow and it's not like 281 has been around for 20 years, if they want to be they will have to take care of customers and they have done that for me so far. I pick my fights with shops wisely, and I have been in many fights with shops over the last 14 years of modding cars.
Old 06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06281E View Post
I would say the time thing is a problem and should have been addressed by whoever you bought it from with like a discount or something, then again you could have just cancelled the order no? I don't blame 281 and i don't think anyone else should bash them. It's a hard line to cross, they don't build the tanks, but they stand behind them. I am sure after this and the Meziere issue that has come to light Jason and the rest of the 281 gang are going to really test products to their fullest before marketing them. Everyone has to learn somehow and it's not like 281 has been around for 20 years, if they want to be they will have to take care of customers and they have done that for me so far. I pick my fights with shops wisely, and I have been in many fights with shops over the last 14 years of modding cars.
I am not bashing them. I am reporting facts. I would of canceled if I had an inkling of the time. Every time I called I was told the tank was coming any day. And 281 did give me a gift certificate for $25. But for me now at this stage I could care less. The thing that angers me is that 281s post while being apologetic, also has a hint of denial (but its possible) as if "don't listen to the guy, because I think it didn't crack"). I stand by my statement. The tank is junk.

I am not blaming them for my Meziere issues I am having. They have nothing to do with it. I am blaming them for a tank that has been and still is a $509 nightmare. And I thank the other two for chiming in saying that their tanks had issues with the welds, including the guy with the crack in the same exact location. Otherwise some may think that I am being a crybaby. You can see that the welds are too thin.

I am sorry to the OP as this thread is now not the great thread that it was. I do take responsibility. And this is the last that I will post about the tank on this thread. Any further communication on the tank subject will be done through the messaging system.
Old 06-13-2013

I just ordered the EMP/Stewart pump from Lingenfelter. Already got the UPS shipping number. The tech on the phone said to use a 1" feed line from the reservoir. I have looked at Saleens instructions for installation of the pump from their upgraded Heat Exchanger kit and I am gonna mount it in the same orientation with a custom self made bracket.
It comes with a wiring harness, but I am gonna use a heavier duty relay than what I have for the Meziere.
Saleen also shows a 1 inch line from the pump to the heat exchanger so I will be adding that too.

I just need to figure out which reservoir I am gonna use. I would really like one with a 1 inch outlet and 3/4 inlet. I don't want to move my battery to the truck since I already have the bulky Shaker 1000 kicker box there. I want to use the space in the engine compartment where the airbox use to reside since I have the Supershaker. I saw a couple JDM installs of supershakers that use the plastic Lightning tank. The only problem is the Lightning reservoir looks as if it has a really small inlet port.

My one concern is the amps that the EMP will be pulling.
Does anyone think that with 3 added gauges, 2 fans from the heat exchanger that my alternator will be up to the task? I also have the Shaker 1000 sound system.
Old 06-13-2013

Quote:
I am not bashing them. I am reporting facts. I would of canceled if I had an inkling of the time. Every time I called I was told the tank was coming any day. And 281 did give me a gift certificate for $25. But for me now at this stage I could care less. The thing that angers me is that 281s post while being apologetic, also has a hint of denial (but its possible) as if "don't listen to the guy, because I think it didn't crack"). I stand by my statement. The tank is junk.

I am not blaming them for my Meziere issues I am having. They have nothing to do with it. I am blaming them for a tank that has been and still is a $509 nightmare. And I thank the other two for chiming in saying that their tanks had issues with the welds, including the guy with the crack in the same exact location. Otherwise some may think that I am being a crybaby. You can see that the welds are too thin.

I am sorry to the OP as this thread is now not the great thread that it was. I do take responsibility. And this is the last that I will post about the tank on this thread. Any further communication on the tank subject will be done through the messaging system.
Jaja6009,

Thank you for posting the picture. When you posted about a crack in the weld on a seam it was hard for me to understand how it could have broke without any stress on the joint. These tanks are TIG welded which is VERY strong method so yes, without seeing it I was sceptical. Now after seeing where the crack is, I understand now why they are separating at that location. There is a "break" or bend in the metal on the top of the tank so that it can contour for the hood slope. Since we tried to make these as a one-piece top for appearance sake, and still contour for the hood slope we had to put a bend in the metal. With the three of these now broken in the same exact spot, I would say there is an issue with the metal wanting to regain its original shape due to the hot and cold enviroment where aluminum expands and contracts, and its giving way at the bend.

With the help of a manufacture to produce these, we designed these tanks 4 years ago, and we've never had any issues other then Tony's and he fixed it before we had a chance to see it. However, it doesnt help anyone to not call us and let us know there is an issue.

Due to the manufacture delays in making these tanks from a sublet, we stopped promoting them and pretty much stopped selling that version with your order last year. Dealing with fabrication sublet vendor delays and quality control is beyond frustrating. This is why we have spent quite a bit of money to outfit our shop to do just about anything fabrication wise in-house. Personally, Im sick and tired of delays to get something done or dealing with quality issues. But custom is custom and not production as they say...

To be proactive, we changed how we do things and we do ALL of our own welding in-house, and do all of our own fabrication, we will find a solution and not depend on another company to do it right, again.

To you Jaja6009 and tbar, I will be contacting you to offer you some solutions. We will always stand behind the product(s) we sell and definately the ones we produce and will make it right, period.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
With the help of a manufacture to produce these, we designed these tanks 4 years ago, and we've never had any issues other then Tony's and he fixed it before we had a chance to see it.
To add, i have no complaint on something that was modified to fit, I have many one off and custom parts on my car and soon to modify truck, and with everything i do i plan for rework, the nature of the modification to me. But i come from an engineering background so understand how this work.
Perfection rarely comes first time around...Mine split in exact same spot, perhaps if i had contacted Jason directly at the time rather than months later it may have avoided others, but my car was already in pieces so i just continued to resolve it.
Old 06-13-2013
SOEC Member

For those looking to upgrade your IC tank you need to take a look a the the lethal tank in my link. It was made for the whipple sc'r but it works great with the JLT series 3 cold air system. It should also work for those with the shaker system. If you are running the saleen extreme cai system let me know how much room you have between the filter shroud and the strut tower. I've been using it for a year now and it works great. Comes in black or brushed, has the proper style lid as well. http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-...reservoir.html
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,mosaleen tensioner sys. UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Dark Stainless 18x10's, Nitto NT05's, MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off-road X pipe, Bassani Axle backs, FRP 3.73's,BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. 12.425@114.63 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Latest dyno is 492hp/463tq.
Old 06-14-2013
SOEC Member

The tank is 5 1/4" in width and 9 7/8" in length
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,mosaleen tensioner sys. UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Dark Stainless 18x10's, Nitto NT05's, MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off-road X pipe, Bassani Axle backs, FRP 3.73's,BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. 12.425@114.63 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Latest dyno is 492hp/463tq.
Old 06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock View Post
For those looking to upgrade your IC tank you need to take a look a the the lethal tank in my link. It was made for the whipple sc'r but it works great with the JLT series 3 cold air system. It should also work for those with the shaker system. If you are running the saleen extreme cai system let me know how much room you have between the filter shroud and the strut tower. I've been using it for a year now and it works great. Comes in black or brushed, has the proper style lid as well. http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-...reservoir.html

I looked into this tank, maybe 1-2 years ago. I have the Extreme CAI and i don't think it will work without slight modification to the CAI. Another thing that concerned me was placing the coolant tank at an ever further disatance from the pump. All of these IC pumps work best the closer you can get them to the source. Minimize the distance they have to pull. Basically they are all "pusher" type pumps.
Old 06-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
I looked into this tank, maybe 1-2 years ago. I have the Extreme CAI and i don't think it will work without slight modification to the CAI. Another thing that concerned me was placing the coolant tank at an ever further disatance from the pump. All of these IC pumps work best the closer you can get them to the source. Minimize the distance they have to pull. Basically they are all "pusher" type pumps.
The AFCO HE has two threaded studs on a bracket on the back side of the unit so I used them to attach the a custom made bracket and mounted the IC pump horizontally across the top of the HE. works great. I have since flipped the HE over (see pics) and moved the pump to the drivers side similar to where it was mounted on the passengers side. Again the flow is very solid. My only issue is with the HE flipped the bumper cover blocks some air flow so I am seeing slightly higher temps.
Attached Images

Last edited by tbrock; 06-14-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2013

Quote:
The AFCO HE has two threaded studs on a bracket on the back side of the unit so I used them to attach the a custom made bracket and mounted the IC pump horizontally across the top of the HE. works great. I have since flipped the HE over (see pics) and moved the pump to the drivers side similar to where it how it was mounted on the passengers side. Again the flow is very solid. My only issue is with the HE flipped the bumper cover blocks some air flow so I am seeing slightly higher temps.
Is your hose kinking at the top of the pump? It kinda looks like that in the pic, on my phone atleast.

Old 06-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Is your hose kinking at the top of the pump? It kinda looks like that in the pic, on my phone atleast.
I took that picture during the install and mock up of the hose routing etc so yes it was kinked a bit initially, not anymore
Old 06-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
I took that picture during the install and mock up of the hose routing etc so yes it was kinked a bit initially, not anymore
also I put another piece of hose around the hose to keep it from rubbing.

Completely off topic here but how in the heck can I edit a post? other forums have an edit button?
Old 06-14-2013

Jason, or anyone else here. How hard would it be to change the size of the coolant lines feeding the IC from 3/4 to 1"? is is a simple cut, drill and weld job? I know it's easy on the Afco HE. I believe increasing the size of the lines on the entire system would help.

On my drag car i run a 5 gallon tank with a Rule 3700 sub pump for my 3000HP Air to Water IC r . I feed by IC, then my trans cooler and then back to my tank. I have massive flow and excelent cooling. The rule pumps are rated for 2500 hour life span and have performed flawlessly so far.

I was considering trying out one of Dad's Intercooler spare tire well IC tanks with the sub pump built in. This would add more liquid and elliminate relocation the battery. The tanks can be custom made to your volume request. I think they have a standard one that is 8 gallons. Thats a lil over kill to me and maybe just a lil too much weight. I think 4 gallons would be pretty good and would be close the same amount of weight as relocating the battery.

From all my drag racing & saleen i have the following:
20gpm mez pump - New from jason, never installed.
35gpm mez pump
55gpm mez pump
37gpm aerospace pump
rule pumps:
several water ic tanks in several sizes. Several feet of ic lines in 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1.25 and 1.5 diamters.

I am half tempted to start doing my own thorough testing.
Old 06-14-2013

I meant to type 3 gallons, not 4.
Old 06-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:

Completely off topic here but how in the heck can I edit a post? other forums have an edit button?
Become an SOEC member...

Old 06-14-2013

Im going to look into that as part of another project we are working on.

Quote:
Jason, or anyone else here. How hard would it be to change the size of the coolant lines feeding the IC from 3/4 to 1"? is is a simple cut, drill and weld job? I know it's easy on the Afco HE. I believe increasing the size of the lines on the entire system would help.

On my drag car i run a 5 gallon tank with a Rule 3700 sub pump for my 3000HP Air to Water IC r . I feed by IC, then my trans cooler and then back to my tank. I have massive flow and excelent cooling. The rule pumps are rated for 2500 hour life span and have performed flawlessly so far.

I was considering trying out one of Dad's Intercooler spare tire well IC tanks with the sub pump built in. This would add more liquid and elliminate relocation the battery. The tanks can be custom made to your volume request. I think they have a standard one that is 8 gallons. Thats a lil over kill to me and maybe just a lil too much weight. I think 4 gallons would be pretty good and would be close the same amount of weight as relocating the battery.

From all my drag racing & saleen i have the following:
20gpm mez pump - New from jason, never installed.
35gpm mez pump
55gpm mez pump
37gpm aerospace pump
rule pumps:
several water ic tanks in several sizes. Several feet of ic lines in 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1.25 and 1.5 diamters.

I am half tempted to start doing my own thorough testing.

Old 06-14-2013

Quote:
Im going to look into that as part of another project we are working on.
I think it's a great idea. AN fittings as opposed to barbs would be a good option.
Old 06-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
Become an SOEC member...
Thanks done
Old 06-14-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks done
Thank you.
Old 06-14-2013

Quote:
I think it's a great idea. AN fittings as opposed to barbs would be a good option.
You can have AN fittings now!

Old 06-15-2013

Quote:
You can have AN fittings now!
I'm talking about upgrade the size of the inlet & outlet fittings on the sc intercooler with an fittings & the pump & the Heat exchanger. The entire system.

Jason, I'm going to pm you me cell. We need to talk & possibly work together to create a viable "new" option for what the Saleen Enthusiast is looking for.

-Mikie
Old 06-22-2013

I just got the EMP pump. Expensive but hopefully this is the last pump I will buy. I did not get the reprogrammed one. I made a bracket for it and its mounted. The wiring says no relay is needed. It has 3 wires from the harness:Ground, 5amp ignition on, 12V power. Would a relay even work with that set up. The Saleen pump and the Meziere have just power and ground on the harness.

The only problem I am having is deciding if I am gonna use the stock reservoir or the plastic Lightning reservoir.

The Lightning one holds a lot more fluid. The Lightning one also has a 1 inch fitting for the pump feed. But the return on the Lightning is way too small. Its probably the same size as the line on the coolant overflow. It is smaller than the stock Saleen lines.

Also Lingenfelter told me to use a 1 inch feed line to the pump and to make sure its good hose so it cannot collapse. I am gonna use 1 inch silicone hose for the pump feed since that stuff likes to bend and is reinforced.

I read Saleens directions for how they mounted it and was told by EMP/Stewart that if I mount it that way the bearings would not last as long. They mount it differently with the computerized part of it facing down and the inlet facing the side. Saleen shows the inlet facing up. I called Saleen and as usual no one answered tech or called me back when I left a message.

I will have some pics.

So do you guys think I should use the Saleen reservoir or the Lightning one?
And how would I get a relay to work with the 3 wire harness?
Attached Thumbnails
lightning.jpg  

Old 06-22-2013
SOEC Member

I would use the larger tank to tank advantage of the fluid capacity. I would remove / replace the inlet fitting on the tank with a larger fitting. If the current location could not accomidate the fitting, I would cap it off, and place the larger one right below.
Old 07-06-2013
SOEC Member

Attached is a video link to youtube showing the flow rate with the Jabsco Marine pump. After 20 seconds or so, I shot another angle with a mirror inside the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvbcMWHVYso
Old 07-06-2013

And that's the smaller Jabsco pump. You should see the Jabsco "Cyclone Pump" #50840-0012
Old 07-06-2013
SOEC Member

The Cyclone pump was the 2nd generation of the pump I installed. They both pump the same GPM. If you can find the one I installed, that is the model to get if you want to go that way. I bought two of them, I have one as a backup.
Old 07-06-2013

Looks like more flow than my setup with the EMP. I couldn't see the stream but it was forceful because of the movement in the tank.
Old 07-06-2013
SOEC Member

Looking forward to seeing your data on the temps. My area is running in the 90's as well. Watch the video again, after 20 seconds I move the camera and you will see the flow.
Old 07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SaleenExtreme View Post
The Cyclone pump was the 2nd generation of the pump I installed. They both pump the same GPM. If you can find the one I installed, that is the model to get if you want to go that way. I bought two of them, I have one as a backup.
Thanks for the clarification. I actually have the cyclone pump. I did a little test last weekend & did great.
Old 07-06-2013

Quote:
Looks like more flow than my setup with the EMP. I couldn't see the stream but it was forceful because of the movement in the tank.
Get your EMP re-programmed and you'll have more flow.
Old 07-06-2013

Quote:

After you document your results with one pump you should put both pumps in line. One feeding the other. You will see increase cooling efficient & capabilities. The two together will overcome the pressure issue associated with the HE & the IC core.

The question is. Is all the worth it?

Are we all chasing something that just isn't possible with this SC & IC system?
Old 07-06-2013
SOEC Member

I bet the Cyclone pump pumps the water like crazy. These pumps were built and designed to keep the bilges of boats dry. I am happy to hear that pump worked out for you.
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Yes I am resurrecting this thread as summer approaches. Maybe Jason can answer this question is their any difference between the stock Saleen pump and the FRP pump in this link?

http://www.buyfordracing.com/product...ATER-PUMP.html

Last edited by tbrock; 04-04-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2014

Quote:
Yes I am resurrecting this thread as summer approaches. Maybe Jason can answer this question is their any difference between the stock Saleen pump and the FRP pump in this link?

http://www.buyfordracing.com/product...ATER-PUMP.html
It's most likely the same exact pump. Bosch provides that pump to a bunch of Ford applications. For our cars it's usually to slow of a pump @ 6 gpm especially if you have upgraded your heat exchanger.

Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Here is a link to the Lingenfelter pump tests. Rally good info in here.

Intercooler Pump Tests:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforum...esting-results
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
It's most likely the same exact pump. Bosch provides that pump to a bunch of Ford applications. For our cars it's usually to slow of a pump @ 6 gpm especially if you have upgraded your heat exchanger.
I asked Brent @ Brenspeed and he said the Saleen pump is the same as the 03 Cobra pump and the FRP pump is better? I've looked over the Lingenfelter test and I would like the Stewart pump but it is too much $$$ at this time. I have an AFCO w/o fans and a larger coolant tank. I was going to pop for the Meizer but after reading the data from the lingefelter test that seemed like a total waste of $200 dollars.
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Attached is a video link to youtube showing the flow rate with the Jabsco Marine pump. After 20 seconds or so, I shot another angle with a mirror inside the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvbcMWHVYso
Do you have a photo of how you mounted the Jabsco pump?
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Here is the only photo I could find at the moment. I took a flat piece of Aluminum and mounted it to the bumper support. You can see a part of it
on this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
WWHE.JPG  

Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Here is the only photo I could find at the moment. I took a flat piece of Aluminum and mounted it to the bumper support. You can see a part of it
on this photo.
Thanks and what kind of HE is that?
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

That is a custom HE Gary at Fluidyne made for me. It is a triple pass
and was made to fit the entire opening of the lower facia. I think the dimensions were 31" L x 9" H x 3.5 W. It holds more than the AFCO dual
Fan Pro. I also made a Fiberglass box that seals around the HE and fits into
the facia. If your interested call Gary at Fluidyne and tell him you want one
like it. Gary has all the specs on it. I did not want the fans, But Gary can
make this with the fans if you want them.
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
That is a custom HE Gary at Fluidyne made for me. It is a triple pass
and was made to fit the entire opening of the lower facia. I think the dimensions were 31" L x 9" H x 3.5 W. It holds more than the AFCO dual
Fan Pro. I also made a Fiberglass box that seals around the HE and fits into
the facia. If your interested call Gary at Fluidyne and tell him you want one
like it. Gary has all the specs on it. I did not want the fans, But Gary can
make this with the fans if you want them.
Thanks, similar cost to the AFCO? I don't want a fanned unit either, but I would like a HE that will work better with my SGT front fascia/brake ducts. I'd like on that is narrower (to clear brake ducts) but taller so it sticks above the top of the bumper for additional volume. Should.d I call the main line at fluidyne?
Old 04-04-2014
SOEC Member

Call Fluidyne's main number and ask for Gary, He is the owner. Nice guy, and will take care of you. I paid around 6 for mine. They did a really nice job.