The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 04-14-2014
Administrator

Default The Saleen Tesla Model S a Mystery No More as Renderings Released

CORONA, Calif., April 14, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- Saleen Automotive, Inc. (OTCQB: SLNN), (OTCBB: SLNN) (the "Company"), an American specialty manufacturer of high performance vehicles, technical performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel, is pleased to announce that the Company has released renderings of its Saleen Tesla Model S. First images were provided Saturday to media in attendance in Los Angeles, California.
A rendering of the new Saleen Tesla Model S

"I'm exceedingly proud of the work that my design team has done in creating these first images of what I expect to be an exceptional automobile," stated Steve Saleen, CEO, Saleen Automotive. "We stand on the shoulders of greatness for sure, as we modify the truly inspired design of the Tesla Model S, yet I believe firmly that these images convey my expectation for a vehicle that expands on that heritage and creates something remarkable."

Saleen Automotive expects the first Saleen Tesla Model S to be completed during the Summer of 2014.

"And as pleased as I am by the aesthetics seen in these renderings, perhaps the true Saleen mark will be best exhibited by the mechanical enhancements that will only be seen as the live vehicle hits the streets this summer," added Saleen.

For more information and updates regarding Saleen Automotive visit the following online locations:

Company website: www.saleenautomotive.com.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Saleen

About Saleen Automotive, Inc.
Saleen is an American specialty manufacturer of high performance vehicles, technical performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel. Founder Steve Saleen has continually set the bar for automotive design and performance engineering in both street and racing applications. Saleen plans to utilize its existing strategic partnerships and dealer network to refine its design and engineering prowess, continue development of emerging automotive technologies, and expand its presence nationwide with a combination of automotive retail services, aftermarket parts and new vehicle sales to build significant long-term value. Learn more at www.saleenautomotive.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg press_Tesla-01_front_rendering-soec.jpg (139.8 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg press_Tesla-02_rear_rendering-soec.jpg (133.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg press_Tesla-03_interior_rendering-soec.jpg (151.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg press_Tesla-04_callout_rendering-soec.jpg (159.1 KB, 115 views)
Old 04-14-2014
SOEC Member

Can't wait will defiantly be in line to purchase one!
Old 04-14-2014
SOEC Member

Since they build the Tesla in Fremont, NorCal. Will there be a Saleen Dealership back in Norcal?
(6/2005) Purchased 05 Saleen #1004 Windveil Blue from Galpin (9/2006) 14" Saleen Brakes, (7/2007) 475hp Supercharger, Guages, Watts Link Suspension, (10/2007) Rear Slotted Rotors, (2/2008) 19" TSW Wheels (Hypersilver), (1/2009) Super Shaker. (4/2012) Back to 20" Saleen Wheels

(10/2007 Morning) 414 RWHP 403 RWTQ w/ Stock Saleen SC Tune w/o Super Shaker (Sold 2/11/2018)

01 Saleen #629 (NA) True Blue (Sold 6/15/07)

SOEC#2092
SOEC#2129

Quick Video http://youtu.be/gkiCgwzJTFE
Old 04-14-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Looks like a Panamera...
Old 04-14-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Steve, just completely punt those original Tesla Seats. A new seat cover is NOT going to fix the problem with those seats. They are screaming for some Recaro replacements.

Overall, I think the car looks okay. Not as wild and crazy as I thought it might be but if Steve prices this right, he could have a real winner on his hands. If the performance is really there, then he will most definitely have a winner.

I will reserve final judgments until I see one in person. For us though, I am hoping Steve is going to tackle the anemic looking Tesla X and mean it up. As that is AWD, that is what the wife and I are really hoping to get into in a couple of years. A Saleen X-P85+ would be awesome. Still an XP8 name in there. Ha! Ha!
Old 04-14-2014
SOEC Member

Looks cool, but what's it gonna run someone? Tesla's are already pretty pricey.
Old 04-14-2014
Administrator

Story from Jalopnik:

By: Patrick George

For years, Saleen has been in the business of helping various Ford Mustangs and other cars be all they that can be through extensive tuning. A few months ago we heard they would start adding electric cars to their repertoire starting with the Tesla Model S. Now we know what it will look like.

Saleen over the weekend released the first renderings of their take on the Model S. It's pretty badass, basically. It packs lots of carbon fiber, a new front and rear aero kit, huge wheels, optional "Orange County Orange" paint (What did you expect, "Orange County Green"?), and ceramic brakes. Not bad.

The big question is this, however: How fast will it go? The Viper-spanking Model S Performance is no joke in the speed department, so we can only imagine how fierce it will be once Steve Saleen gets his hands on it. Unfortunately, he's being coy at the moment about what performance enhancements it will get:

"And as pleased as I am by the aesthetics seen in these renderings, perhaps the true Saleen mark will be best exhibited by the mechanical enhancements that will only be seen as the live vehicle hits the streets this summer," added Saleen.

Well, now we have something to look forward to.

http://jalopnik.com/
Old 04-15-2014
SOEC Member

I think these cars are around 100k as it stands so what will they cost once the Saleen package is installed?
Old 04-16-2014
SOEC Member

Looks way better than the Panamera, which looks like a dog squatting to do his business, lol. This looks great but I'm sure it will have a large price tag to go along.
08-045 S281 SC, Tuned by Pro-Dyno, 3.2 SC pulley, HT0 plugs, JLT series 3 CAI, vacuum upgrade, Kenne Bell BAP, MGW shifter, JBA catted H pipe, Moroso Oil Catch can, '11 mirrors, MMD hood struts, shorty antenna.

01-001 SC, Tuned by Pro Dyno, 2.8 SC pulley, MoSaleen, CAI, Off road X pipe, Mcleod Super Street clutch, H&R Super Sport springs, shorty antenna.
Old 04-16-2014
SOEC Member

My brother works for Tesla as one of their designers and he says although expensive now the cars are coming down on prices due to more global sales as Tesla motors is recognized as a motor company. Don't know much else but I am kicking him in the rear for not telling me of this Saleen incorporation. Family!!
1998 Saleen Speedster (S351 SC) #14
Black on Black
Old 04-16-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

It might not. The approach Steve is taking with this Saleen Tesla is to add value in small areas. Kinda like the FOXY mustangs. Suspension, brakes, areo, paint, and interior enhancements. I am sure he will have a ultra high performance version a Saleen Tesla S(SC) or something with neat performance but what they have shown here is a lot like what he did on the original Foxy Saleens. I think it is very tasteful. Just need to pull those base Tesla seats as if you have ever sat in them, they just suck! Can't wait to see the real ones!

One interesting question is since these are zero emissions and Saleen is a manufacturer, does this mean he can really hop up the new Mustangs and still meet CAFE average requirements. It might be Ford's only way to put out ultra, ultra high performance Mustangs (beyond the upcoming GT-350 and Boss) going forth, like a new S351 with a stroked 5.0 (out to 5.8) or something.

Me thinks things will get interesting. Still waiting on Saleen Model XP8(5+) model. :)
Old 04-18-2014
SOEC Member

um... carbon ceramic brakes? Carbon fiber? on a 100k car I wouldn't bat an eye at a 40k $ add on for the saleen edition... probably even more.

There will definitely be a market for this though. The existing market is fairly niche, and the clients that can afford a Model S can basically afford the Saleen addition, so I think its a good strategy.

Anything that makes money for Saleen and helps with product development and brand recognition is a good thing for all of us. Keep it up Saleen!
2006 3-valve - upgraded with Series VI Supercharger - 3.875 Pulley - 39 lbs injectors- Kenne Bell Boost a Pump - JBA Long Tube Headers - Steeda Cold Air Intake - Kenwood DNX6160 In Dash Navigation unit - Stuff and things
Old 04-20-2014
SOEC Member

This is a great partnership for Saleen. Tesla is a great company with a bright future. 60 Minutes did a special on Elon Musk a few weeks ago. He is a progressive visionary who has revolutionized electric vehicles and space satellite delivery(SpaceX). Musk is working on building his own battery factory, because it is the battery pack that makes his cars so expensive. I was hoping that Saleen was going to leverage Tesla technology to help power his upcoming S7 replacement ala the electric motors in the McClaren P1 and the Ferrari LaFerrari. This may still happen, which would be cool.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 04-20-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen_S351 View Post
My brother works for Tesla as one of their designers and he says although expensive now the cars are coming down on prices due to more global sales as Tesla motors is recognized as a motor company. Don't know much else but I am kicking him in the rear for not telling me of this Saleen incorporation. Family!!
Which means that the value of these cars will likely plummet. No offense, I like the Tesla, and dig what they are doing, but I think I would wait until the market settles on a consistent MSRP before I would invest in one. Just my $0.02.
Old 04-21-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemustangperformance View Post
Which means that the value of these cars will likely plummet. No offense, I like the Tesla, and dig what they are doing, but I think I would wait until the market settles on a consistent MSRP before I would invest in one. Just my $0.02.
Being Tesla backs the loses on the resale of the cars, I doubt the value will plummet. Rasie you a nickle...lol
Old 07-18-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Track Testing the Saleen Tesla Model S
Old 07-19-2014
SOEC Member

Sounds awesome...