The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-26-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Supercharger bearing issue

Just checking to see if anyone else has had any problems with their superchargers? Mine is at the dealership with a bearing out and they have sent the supercharger to Saleen, Inc. for repair.

Thanks!

Kerri
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Good luck my friend. Let us know how things go. I had to pay for shipping and ford to remove mine. They have had it for 3 weeks and no one knows what is going on .It is under warrenty. Saleen customer service is bad. Repair might be taken care of but all other cost are yours. Mine actually had a crack in the housing.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Mine has been at the dealership for 2 weeks now and I called Saleen Friday to find out the status and they said they would call back and didn't. At this point I know that the dealer removed the supercharger and it was sent to Saleen but at this point I don't even know if they have it or not. I was also informed by another Saleen owner that my car will be the last one serviced under the warranty at that dealership, so I suppose when the car is finished I will be having a chat with the powers that be and discuss WHY. How many miles did yours have on it prior to the problem?

BTW, thanks for responding to my question.

Kerri
Old 09-07-2009

Sorry, forgot to add that my stang is a gt, and brennsped installed the supercharger. Only 4200 miles on the S/C
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

If you don't belong to it alread, you might want to checkout stangnet.com. I put a lengthy post out there about these superchargers and how the 06/07/08 have a defect in the front bearing where the most pressure is put from the snout of the charger and the belt. This has been an issue and once they put the new improved front bearing in it is supposed to end the issues.

I had to go to my Ford Guru here in Dallas to finally get the answers to my questions since the dealer didn't know and no one else would tell me anything. This just proves to me that IF I keep the car after this that having any kind of service on it is going to be quite difficult.
Old 09-07-2009

I have sent saleen my e-mail, phone number and fords number so they can schedule the install. Nothing, nada, zip. Poor service.
Old 09-07-2009

Saleen has mine due to a crack in the rotor housing. I doubt they do a bearing upgrade while it is there. I'm in tulsa and if i have any more problems, this thing will go down the road. Just changing the belt is a pain in the ***. Kenny Bell for me next time.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Who have you been talking to at Saleen? I have talked to Mike & Jess, but apparently Jess is not there anymore and I don't remember who I spoke with on Friday, it could have been Jeff.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

As soon as mine is done and I have my little chat with the Dealership, I'm pretty sure that I will be parting company with the car. I just don't have the patience or the time to deal with this kind of problem. I love the car and the difference between it and the Shelby, but enough is enough. Atleast with the Shelby you can get the factory warranty and the whole car is covered.
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 Saleen #94 View Post
Who have you been talking to at Saleen? I have talked to Mike & Jess, but apparently Jess is not there anymore and I don't remember who I spoke with on Friday, it could have been Jeff.
You probably are confusing Jeff with Jess.

Jeff is no longer there.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thanks, it was one of them. All I know is that I am waiting for a phone call back since I would like to get the car back from the dealership and figure out what I'm going to do with it.
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

Maybe speak with Spring Cook (Saleenlvr) about the new SMS 296 Supercharger.
Old 09-07-2009

The only person i talked to was jeff last week and he was to see what was going on and he never got back to me.The one and only contact in three weeks.

Last edited by craftsman74066; 09-07-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman74066 View Post
The only person i talked to was jeff last week and he was to see what was going on and he never got back to me.
Jeff's been gone for more than a week. You probably spoke with Jess Albright.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 Saleen #94 View Post
Mine has been at the dealership for 2 weeks now and I called Saleen Friday to find out the status and they said they would call back and didn't. At this point I know that the dealer removed the supercharger and it was sent to Saleen but at this point I don't even know if they have it or not. I was also informed by another Saleen owner that my car will be the last one serviced under the warranty at that dealership, so I suppose when the car is finished I will be having a chat with the powers that be and discuss WHY. How many miles did yours have on it prior to the problem?

BTW, thanks for responding to my question.

Kerri
I don't know who you talked to on Friday, I will look into tomorrow. I think we just got this unit in Tuesday or Wednesday of last week and it should have gone out either Friday or tomorrow. Please when you have a problem call and talk to me. Again people have to understand in a situation like this we are usually dealing with the dealership and I can tell you from that dealer ship it's been 3 different people doing things and calling us, and also now the owners calling it gets hard to talk to everyone. We should talk to the dealer and the dealer should talk to their customer which is you. I will do my best to figure out your situation tomorrow.

One major problem right now with rebuilds is the old company didn't pay bills, we couldn't get certain parts made because companies didn't want to deal with Saleen anymore. So we had to go out and make all new tooling for the Superchargers which takes 14-16 weeks. So we are now just starting to get some of these new parts in stock but we are still out of some and doing everything to get a hold of parts here and there. I guess if so many parts didn't grow legs and walk out of our Irvine facility toward the end we would still have a few parts left. We are doing our best though going forward. Please call me if you have a problem from now on though.

Thank you
Jess
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Maybe speak with Spring Cook (Saleenlvr) about the new SMS 296 Supercharger.
This is a great response Dave from what is supposed to be a non bias and neutral forum. I can see where you stand. Good luck with that!!

Thank you
Jess
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

Six months ago I purchased a new HP machine. Out of the box there were major issues. Turned out the operating system, hard drive and processor were corrupt.

Called HP tech support. Spent the day with three reps going through the diagnostic tutorials. In the end they requested the machine to be expedited to their Texas facility, on their dime, for repair or replacement under the manufactures warranty.

During the week the machine was in TX, I received at least two status reports via email and one by phone. Then the FedEx confirmation that the machine was heading back.

No complaints, no questions, great turn around.

The moment an entity starts to collect funding from a business or corporation a blind bias can form. We're an open, privately financed forum. Kenny Bell is mentioned as an option above. Edelbrock also has a trick blower on the market.

For the past four years we've been operating the forum in this manner and I believe we've had a great amount of success with luck having little to do with the results.

We do hope the best for owners of the chargers in question and appreciate your timely and swift response, Jess, to their concerns. Solidifying the importance of this open as a direct connect tool.

Best wishes to all!
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

Jess,

We all appreciate your follow-through and commitment to customer service in posting on your day off.

These two different supercharger issues sound like those rare situations where if something could go wrong, it did.

We know all too well about the company under Hancock Park Associates management not paying their bills... they owe us money along with many others.

But I digress...

Ideally the dealer contacts keep in touch with you and keep the customers in the loop and we wouldn't have public cries of frustration. It sounds like the cars will be rolling again soon and everyone will be happy campers.

And for you guys without your rides, as with any specialty car, remember that patience is a virtue.

Thanks again,

Jim

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-07-2009

Joe cooper has been great in dealing with my issue.They have nothing to do with this supercharger,other than i had them pull it.The install was done at brenspeed.I am capable of installing and removing this unit(i restore muscle cars and build street rods on the side.I am a overhaul mechanic for a airline)but thought it would be better for the warrenty issues if someone in the market would do the install and ford take care of any issues that might arise.I should have taken the car back to brenspeed but the 1600 mile round trip,gas, hotel ,and vacation time would have cost more than fords labor.I have no one to blame but me for doing business so far from home.Things will work out and i should be up and running by the end of the week.
Old 09-08-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Craftsman74066

Your supercharger was delivered to the dealer on Friday. I just tracked it so you should be all good now. Let me know if there are anymore problems.

Thank you
Jess
P.S. Kerri, I am still waiting on confirmation on yours as soon as I know something I will let you know.
Old 09-08-2009
Inactive Account

Jess,

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 09-09-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Kerri,

Your supercharger has been shipped back to the dealer. I will PM you the tracking info. Sorry it took so long to get this for you.

Thank you
Jess