The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 01-28-2011
Inactive Account

Default Racecraft Focus - 2008 RC2 Concept Vehicle

What happened to the Racecraft Focus? Anyone know where it is now?
Old 01-28-2011
Administrator

Campbell Ford inventoried the white concept Focus after the ASC/Saleen sale of early 2009. Campbell did sell it. Doug Campbell might know where it be. Doug is a member on the forum.
Old 02-10-2011
SOEC Member

It was locally in my market. But I didn't keep tabs on who bought it. I haven't seen it around either. Sorry...
Old 03-10-2011
Saleen Forums Registrant

Greg, I own the 2008 Racecraft Focus. If anyone knows any history of the car, please let me know.
Old 03-10-2011
Administrator

http://my.autorevo.com/Revo/Template...spx?iid=647549

Year: 2008
Make: Ford
Model: Saleen Focus Racecraft CR2
Body: Coupe
Engine: 2.0L DOHC 16-VALVE I4 DURATEC ENGINE
Cylinders: 4 - Cyl.
Transmission: Manual - 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Mileage: 257
Economy: City 24 MPG / Highway 35 MPG
VIN: 1FAHP33N38W266103
Stock: PC6599
Condition: Used
Title: Clear
Exterior: Oxford White
Interior: Medium Stone Cloth
Warranty: Remainder of Factory 3yr. 36,000 miles Remainder of the 3yr 36000 miles bumper to bumper warranty and the 5 yr 60,000 powertrain warranty.

Campbell Ford Lincoln Mercury Saleen in Niles, Michigan is your SaleenPerformanceDealer

#1 in Supercharged Saleen Sales

Power In The Hands Of A Few

Car for sale

2008 RaceCraft Focus CR2 by Saleen

Concept Car

1 of 1

This car will not be produced and it is the only one ever built.

Own a piece of Saleen history with this

one of one concept.

This car is in stock and available for delivery.

White Extior

Grey cloth interior

18" Zinik custom wheels

225/40R/18 Bridgestone tires

5 spd manual transmission

This is a none modified engine. Factory warranty still applies.

140bhp @ 6250rpm

136lb-ft @ 4250rpm

Racecraft added Corsa custom exhaust

Racecraft suspension and sway bars

Racecraft headrest

Power windows, locks, mirrors, tilt wheel and speed control.

AM/FM stereo with CD

Rear defroster

Tinted windows for show car concept*

Call to find out more.......

MSRP was never established on this concept but is estimated to have been over $25,000

Priced for only $19,997

Please call fo all the details.

Contact Ron Ward with Campbell Ford Lincoln Mercury Saleen

toll free at 1-888-367-3999 Ext. 348 ONLY.

Remainder of factory Ford 3 years or 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty and 5 years or 60,000 powertrain warranty applies to this vehicle.

I am an aggressive Saleen Dealer and will do what it takes to earn your business.

If you want to find out why Campbell Ford Lincoln Mercury Saleen is one of the largest Saleen Dealers in the country.....

call Ron Ward today

and experience the difference!

1-888-367-3999 Ext 348 ONLY

Trades are welcome

Please send me pictures and a honest description of condition with a value you expect to get.

e-mail them to rkwfrdsls@cs.com

Dealer reserves the right to end the auction early

*This concept car has very dark tinted windows and it will be the buyers responsibility to verify their states window tint laws and have the tint removed if required.
Old 03-11-2011
Inactive Account

Very cool, gald you signed on, I don't have any history just curious where it was.
Old 10-03-2011
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wackett View Post
Very cool, gald you signed on, I don't have any history just curious where it was.
Looks like 2008 Focus RC2 must have sold his car because it is currently sitting in the used car lot of Sandman Brothers in Shelbyville, Indiana:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...3&aff=national

I see it almost everyday when driving to work but haven't taken it for a test drive. I would probably buy this car and give the motor a thorough upgrade if I wasn't already neck-deep in restoring a 1999 Ford Contour SVT; not enough room, money & time to take on two car projects.

I have no affiliation with 2008 Focus RC2 or Sandman Brothers. Just thought you might be interested since this thread popped-up when I was doing an internet search on this car.
Old 11-03-2011
Saleen Forums Registrant

I just found that car at the lot and im tempted to buy it...im jus curious as to if theres anything wrong with it or anything i should know about it because if purchased it will be a everyday car.
btw im new to this forum so i apologize if i didnt do anything.
Old 11-03-2011
Inactive Account

It is a really cool car, the one thing to keep in mind is it is a concept car and most of the pieces are unique to the car. Since it is the only one made there arent and damaged cars to get parts from should you need any. Try contacting Saleen and see if they still have any of the sources for the parts.
Old 11-04-2011
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW2009 View Post
I just found that car at the lot and im tempted to buy it...im jus curious as to if theres anything wrong with it or anything i should know about it because if purchased it will be a everyday car.
btw im new to this forum so i apologize if i didnt do anything.
The only thing I know that could be considered "wrong" with the Racecraft Focus is this: If you post pictures in a Focus discussion forum of this car and ask the members what they think, you will get an overwhelmingly thumbs down opinion based on its appearance and the tepid engine performance. Otherwise, you would need to search car forums dedicated to the Ford Focus to find out what are common problems with this model year Focus. FocalJet or FocusFanatics are probably the two best forums dedicated to the Ford Focus.

This car really shouldn't be used as a daily driver; it should be kept as a weekend car, preserved well and driven rarely mainly due to historical reasons. This one-off prototype will likely not appreciate much in value if at all unless you wait 40 or more years.

The only real mods this car needs are a properly done turbocharger or supercharger upgrade on the motor plus appropriate upgrading of the transaxle to deal with the increased power output. If the transaxle is the MTX-75, send it to Terry Haines at Haines Motorsports in Rockford, MI; he specializes in these transaxles and has access to parts that just about nobody else can get in the USA.

Like I said before, I would have bought this car already and be doing the turbocharger/transaxle upgrade if I wasn't already deep into rebuilding my Ford Contour SVT.
Old 09-04-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Racecraft Focus

I own this car, traded a pickup for it in Shelbyville IN a couple years ago. Was it the only one made? I checked the VIN and it matched the one in the discussion.
Old 09-04-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Racecraft Focus

Here is a pic of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 09-04-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLanham View Post
I own this car, traded a pickup for it in Shelbyville IN a couple years ago. Was it the only one made? I checked the VIN and it matched the one in the discussion.
The white promo car is the only one we've seen. Bill Vaughn (former Saleen employee) once stated he believed three RC2 vehicles were built. We've not seen more than one.