The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-18-2012
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 09 f150 motor in 00 saleen temporary?

Ok so i bought a 00 saleen sc about 2weeks ago and it is a long story but needless to say it is blown up, cylinder 2 has 30psi of compression and looks like it has a crack in the piston, after a lot of arguing the ford dealership that i bought it from decided to pay half of the repair bill up to 1800 cause thats what they can slap a piston and rings in there for, on to my questions... i found a motor that came out of a 09 f150 with 20k miles at a reputable shop for a steal, the build date on the motor is 07, it is the 2v and it is a romeo motor with 6 bolt flywheel, the guy knows his stuff about the 4.6 every time i ask a question he goes into detail about the differences, but what i want to find out from yall is that..
1. he said there is a "tab" on the back of the truck motors that u can just cut off and it will fit right into the mustang and he does it all the time, does this sound right?

2. also his motor is a 4.6 2v romeo motor as i said above but my motor is a 4.6 2v windsor so he said he has a 6 bolt flywheel laying around so that it will work with my transmission,does it have to be a certain size?

3. he also said they have not noticed any differences in the truck and mustang motors at all other than the computer is tuned a lil different?

I was originally gunna just rebuild my motor with forged but decided to buy another motor and slowely build my old one
Old 01-19-2012
SOEC Member

Here is a bit of info also:

http://www.f150forum.com/f11/whats-d...g-engine-8731/

http://forums.corral.net/forums/gt-s...-car-4-6v.html

Read what they have to say and then you can make a decision on what you want to do.
Old 01-31-2012
SOEC Member

Hey, if it will work, I would do it to get yourself back on wheels again.
Old 02-03-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

There is some difference since the part numbers from Ford are different when you order a motor.
96 Saleen S351R #13
97 Saleen S351R #23 vert
99 Saleen S351R #46 (2000 chassis)
95 Saleen S351 #43, SR Spec
99 Saleen S351R #42 (2000 Chassis)
99 Saleen S351R #29