The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-11-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Default My 2000 Saleen S281 Build thread

ive owned this car since febuary and loving every minute of it! ive waited along time to get a saleen and my dream car since i was a kid, i didnt really care what color as long as i had one...my initial search was for Gt but stumbled upon the saleen, thank goodness!

well with that being said, i must say the previous owner took great care of it and told me all i needed to know about it

anyways still has the basic saleen s281 mods and few he did (listed in my sig)

i havent done much to it, just swapped the black rims he had on to black chrome, smoked headlighhts and got bumper inserts from coderedsaleen
im collecting the s281 pod and gauges they offered on the model and gonna install that sometime soon, ive got the oil temp and OE pod on the way

anyways ill start with pics

reason for some pics being so small i uploaded them through my phone, im finishing up some things tomorrow and ill update then

Bullitt manifold swap, longtubes, off road x pipe,borla atak, mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, h&r super sport springs

#00-484

Nick
Old 05-11-2013
Administrator

You Saleen looks very nice! Thank you for sharing photos.
Old 05-11-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

looks good! i would suggest saving up for a supercharger. that way the performance can match the cars name ;) i love it! hope my next one it going to be white but we will just have to see what faith has instore. right now im looking for a termi but if a white saleen pops up that will be my priority
Old 05-12-2013

really nice. hope you enjoy it
01 Bullitt #3251H/C/Turbo build
92 GMC Typhoon
89 Chevy S10 Cameo
07 Yamaha R1 Candy Red
Old 05-12-2013
SOEC Member

Nick, AWESOME looking car. Your going to have a lot of fun with that.
Old 05-12-2013
Account with Invalid Email

Hello again Nick! Your car looks awesome mate! Just like it always does on instagram lol
00-801 Saleen: Forged shortblock by Manley, 23cc +20 Manley pistons, 8:8.1 comp, Series 1 supercharger, Mosaleen idler kit, 112" belt, Spec stage 2+ clutch kit, Mac longtubes, UPR Off-road X pipe, Bassani catback!
Old 05-12-2013

Goodluck with the build bro. I know someone who will be selling a complete series 1 blower setup if you might be interested.
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN S-351 #37 "FASLEEN"
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN S-281SC #201 "SLOLEEN"
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN/COBRA S-281 #320
Old 05-12-2013

Car looks great! Love the headlights, you got me thinking about switching.
Old 05-12-2013

Thanks guys! Im def planning on forced industion at some point...def want to turn it into a monster at somepoint. As far as the engine is like to get somethibg to build on the side either a 4v or sticking with the 2v and build the extreme since a saleen option.

Bullitt manifold swap, longtubes, off road x pipe,borla atak, mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, h&r super sport springs

#00-484

Nick
Old 05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
Nick, AWESOME looking car. Your going to have a lot of fun with that.
Thanks man! I get complimates all the time on my inserts, propbably my fave visual thing I've done lol

#00-484

Nick
Old 05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SALEEN/COBRA View Post
Goodluck with the build bro. I know someone who will be selling a complete series 1 blower setup if you might be interested.
Hey thanks man! I'd def be intrested if it were anotjer time lol...I know fer sure when i dig deeper ill be picking up a saleen blower

#00-484

Nick
Old 05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-261 View Post
looks good! i would suggest saving up for a supercharger. that way the performance can match the cars name ;)
Unless you build one like mine...

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

4.6 WAP bored .030 over with DSS forged rotating assembly and billet main support*Comp 278AH Cams valve springs, retainers*6061 Plenum*FRPP 70mm TB*Victor Jr Intake*MSD Coils*JLT CAI*SCT SF3 *BBK Shorties and X*SLP PowerFlo CB*UPR FW adjuster and quadrant*FRPP 4:10's*Tri Ax*King Cobra clutch*Fidanza Alum Flywheel*Walbro 240lpm FP
Old 05-14-2013
SOEC Member

Car looks great! I like the black chrome with the white body color combo. Definitely should have a supercharger in your future, but plan on doing some work to the bottom end too. Once you start playing with forced induction....think forged rotating assembly under it. By the way, what did you do with your black rims?
Old 05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony281 View Post
Car looks great! I like the black chrome with the white body color combo. Definitely should have a supercharger in your future, but plan on doing some work to the bottom end too. Once you start playing with forced induction....think forged rotating assembly under it. By the way, what did you do with your black rims?
thanks man! i love the black chrome rims, i do like chrome but on the white i feel it may have been to bright for it lol and i still have the black rims

as fur engine support mods not sure yet, but i wont be taking the quick route, id def wanna spend the extra $$$ to make sure i know my engine will be takin care of and well some extra little goodies the extra horses lol

#00-484

Nick