The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-14-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

Default What do you think? - Intercooler fill plate

having my intercooler gaps filled tell me what do you think
Attached Thumbnails
n.jpg  

n1.jpg  

n2.jpg  

Old 04-14-2010

not done yet just a prototype
Old 04-14-2010
SOEC Member

Default Nice!

Looks great… I replaced my IC coolant lines with the chicane ss braded IC lines and it seemed to lower my IC temps a little. I think the rubber ones become restrictive a little over time. Also when I took the line off that runs along the firewall you could see where it was trying to rub through. Hate to see a coolant line fail on the road.
Muzzy 2004 281SC convertible #355
42#
JLT cold air
JDM SCT 93 oct tune
90mm maf
75mm TB
Ported and Polished SC by PSE
Mosaleen pulley sys
Gaterback belt
NGK tr6 @034
2.9 pulley
Chicane SS braded IC lines
SS Rear bumper inlays
Carbon fiber dash kit and shift knob
1 bottle of water wetter
Old 04-14-2010

hopefully getting it dynoed fri will post before and after @314.95 rwhp and 346.69torque before internal temp 180
Old 04-14-2010
Administrator

Feel free to let us know how this works out. Please report your trials and benefits.
Old 04-16-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

This is the best plate I have seen. I have seen a few bad attempts. Yours is one piece. Find a way to produce more than one at a time and make a few bucks... I would be interested.
Old 04-16-2010

I'm in for one (seriously)
Old 05-08-2010

Looks great! I'd also be interested in one!
Old 05-08-2010
SOEC Member

Nice Job,

Probably much cheaper than going with the Chicane Part!
Old 05-11-2010

when i did the first dyno it was early moring and 60deg. outside and temp was at 180 before had it dynoed after plate install and it was 80 deg. outside and temponly went to 150 so 30deg. drop (not too bad).working on making some more that can be just droped in .
Old 05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01-294 View Post
when i did the first dyno it was early moring and 60deg. outside and temp was at 180 before had it dynoed after plate install and it was 80 deg. outside and temponly went to 150 so 30deg. drop (not too bad).working on making some more that can be just droped in .

I'll be in for one if and when you start making some. Keep up the awesome job.

One question...Why are your temps so high? Mine never get above 130 on 90degree days. Bunch of upgrades?
Old 05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02S/Csaleen View Post
I'll be in for one if and when you start making some. Keep up the awesome job.

One question...Why are your temps so high? Mine never get above 130 on 90degree days. Bunch of upgrades?
130? You must have an upgraded intercooler already. I see 160 just driving down the highway. After cool downs, dyno pulls would see 150+ up top. 150 is a key number. Timing really starts getting pulled after 150. Total of 16 degrees becomes 11 degrees at 6k rpm and 160 intake temps.
Old 05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by apicia View Post
130? You must have an upgraded intercooler already. I see 160 just driving down the highway. After cool downs, dyno pulls would see 150+ up top. 150 is a key number. Timing really starts getting pulled after 150. Total of 16 degrees becomes 11 degrees at 6k rpm and 160 intake temps.

Is your coolant moving in you reservoir? When my pump lost it's prime I was seeing those temps, but after getting the coolant flowing again I see around 110 cruising on the highway and no more than 130 beating on it. My SC was put on after the second owner got ahold of it. So maybe I have a chicane intercooler and I don't know it.
Old 05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02S/Csaleen View Post
Is your coolant moving in you reservoir? When mine lost it's prime I was seeing those temps, but after getting the coolant flowing again I see around 110 cruising on the highway and no more than 130 beating on it.
Thanks, I will check the pump. I know when my pump went bad on my 03 Cobra, the coolant overflowed from the reservoir. Maybe I will upgrade to the Lightning pump just for ****s and giggles to see what happens. Maybe my aftercooler is coated in oil. There are only 17k miles, so I wouldn't think so, but you never know. The heat exchanger is flawless without any bent fins.
Old 05-12-2010

the temp was intake temp on the dyno not coolent temp before the gauge read no more than 130 bc air was going around the intercooler now my gauge reads around 150 bc air is going through it not around and seems to be more accurate the dash gauge reads the coolent temp not the air
Old 05-12-2010

Quote:
the temp was intake temp on the dyno not coolent temp before the gauge read no more than 130 bc air was going around the intercooler now my gauge reads around 150 bc air is going through it not around and seems to be more accurate the dash gauge reads the coolent temp not the air

I see what you saying. Well get this thing made so I can buy one.
Old 05-13-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
I know my 01 originally had a guage in it that read water temp, but when Saleen replaced my gauge-pod assy, it now says it is for air temp. The way I undersatnd it, this pod assy is suppose to be from 03-04. My guages use to read around the 130 range when driving "normally". Now it appears to read around 160. I haven't looked to see if they actually changed the sampling location for the guage. For all I know, it is still getting the info from the water temp sending unit...lol

So my point is, I guess it depends on what year your car is whether it reads air temp or water temp.
Old 05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
I know my 01 originally had a guage in it that read water temp, but when Saleen replaced my gauge-pod assy, it now says it is for air temp. The way I undersatnd it, this pod assy is suppose to be from 03-04. My guages use to read around the 130 range when driving "normally". Now it appears to read around 160. I haven't looked to see if they actually changed the sampling location for the guage. For all I know, it is still getting the info from the water temp sending unit...lol

So my point is, I guess it depends on what year your car is whether it reads air temp or water temp.
IATs are only accurately logged using an SCT X3 or another diagnostic device. I would not trust the reading from the gauges. The PCM sees the data that the X3 does.
Old 05-27-2010

Soo...I pretty much want to buy one right now so I can only pull the SC off once... :)
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post

You're absolutely right. Pre 03 was measured at the i/c reservoir. 03/04 the temps are measured at the blower.

I compared my gauge to the readings i get from datalogging and they are the same.
Tunable induction CAI|2.8 pulley|39# Injectors|05 Mustang GT pump|90mm MAF|75MM BBK-TB|Mosaleen idler|MAC Long tube headers|Mac Off road X|LFP-H/E and tank|Chicane I/C|5gpm pump|373 FRPP gears|NT555R 305/35ZR1|MGW shifter|FRPP Alum driveshaft|N2MB two step
86-0087
03-269 S281SC
92 LX coupe
92 LX convertible
Old 06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
You're absolutely right. Pre 03 was measured at the i/c reservoir. 03/04 the temps are measured at the blower.

I compared my gauge to the readings i get from datalogging and they are the same.
I datalog to get accurate temps. Of course, I have a fuel pressure gauge instead of coolant temps.