The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-07-2005
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default mustang unlimited ct show in spring

hey we had a terrible showing at the mustang unlimited show last year for fox saleens.. do any of you guy think you can get your fox body saleen there next year we don't want these cars forgotton.
Old 11-07-2005
Suspended Account

We have been kicking around the idea of a Saleen specific event for this upcoming summer in the New England area. It will probably be something along the idea of a family style picnic with activities for all especially the children. I agree there is real lack of Saleen events in this neck of the woods! There seems to be pretty good interest so far with holding an event in our area. I will be at the MCA National show in Sturbridge, MA next July with my car. Hope to see some other Saleen fox body cars present. Watch this forum for additional details on a possible Saleen event this summer!!!

Dave,
Old 11-07-2005
Saleen Forums Participant

Both Dave and I have talked about this picnic sort of thing in the past. If we get enough interest,I think it will be easy to do this spring or summer. It is amazing in the last couple of months the amount of fox bodied saleen owners that have been posting from New England. There are definitely more cars around that I thought.

We should be able to put something together.

Jay
Origianal owner 1990 #113
Old 11-07-2005

Default mustang unlimited

there were two fox saleens at the biggest show in ct. what worries me is that these cars will not rise in value if they are not seen and remembered. but if i and other owners don't show our cars because we don't want to put miles on them then they will get lost in the mist. thats why we need to have 10-15 fox saleens at these mustang only shows not two. I have two ssc's and a 91 sc and i have never seen any of those cars at a local show. besides mine but i know there are a lot in new england
Old 11-10-2005
SOEC Member

Default Saleen's in New England

Yes, there are a few cars in New England.... I own on too... but would like to meet others who enjoy saleens, been the original owner since new.... and know much about early saleens....

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...rtible2010.jpg
Photo taken August 1985 in New Mexico
Old 11-10-2005

Default ct show

man i am impressed original owner that is really cool when i was a a kid i dreamed of taking deliverary of an ssc your very lucky
Old 11-10-2005

I'll be at the show, and even though the car still needs work, I enjoy the reactions that people have to the car. Would love to have a Saleen get together.
00 Excursion, White
05 King Ranch F-350 Dually crewcab
Old 11-10-2005

Default ct mustang

white 86 i've seen it next to the black saleen convert right?
Old 11-11-2005

That's the one.
00 Excursion, White
Old 11-11-2005
Suspended Account

Hello All,

Its nice to see the response this thread has created even though it got a little off track! I am working with several other folks trying to put something together this summer for all New England area or any Saleen owners to have a day of fun together. We may be able to have a few suprises for all to enjoy. The day will feature these wonderful cars we are all lucky enough to own and enjoy. Of course this would be open to all owners who freqent this site or word of mouth. Keep watching for upcoming news in a seperate thread as information gets passed out. Thanks for all the early interest!!! Any thoughts let me know.

Dave,
Old 11-14-2005

Default mustangs unlimited

dave nice to hear from you i hate to sound like a broken record here but having a saleen only show will only advertise your car to people who already own them having the saleen show at the bigger mustang show will advertise your car to mustang lovers. Let me give you an example when i had my 91 sc saleen out last weekend a couple of kids walked up and said wow that is cool what is that and i took the time to explain what a 91 sc saleen is. another example i passed a 90 gt with my 89 ssc on the highway the kids followed me to ask about the car they had never seen a real ssc 89. bottom line if we don't show these cars outside of the saleen community your investment will never be worth anything to anybody but those in the saleen community. ask mark lamaskin from performance autosport about this
Old 11-14-2005

Not a show, but a get together. When I go to the shows, I go with 5-10 people who I've met, and we usually plan in the spring which shows we are going to, and for the bigger shows, we arrange hotels, cruises up, etc. Doing that is more of what i had in mind, so that we can get a bigger turn out.
00 Excursion, White
Old 11-14-2005

Default get together

would love to have a get together can't fit my grill in the hatchback
Old 11-14-2005

Maybe we can meet at Hooter's in Wethersfield.
00 Excursion, White
Old 11-14-2005

Default hooters

how about hooters in milford
Old 11-14-2005

No problem, lets try to pick a date after the holidays, maybe a sunday afternoon? This time of the year it gets hard to find spare time, at least for me. We can also post this on some other boards, try to find the saleen owners not on this one.
00 Excursion, White
Old 11-14-2005

Default milford ct hooters

ok sounds great milford ct hooters in spring. i will bring two fox saleens sun afternoon fine .my friend will come but he wants a saleen but only has 93 cobra do you want saleens only?
Old 11-14-2005

I would much rather have a private get together as dgregoire is suggesting. I personally dont enjoy hanging out in hot parking lots with no shade on a 80 degree day. Daves idea is a good one. He and I put on a great shelby picnic at my house over the summer. We had 50 cars or so. Everbody brought their family. We had the pool full of kids, a moonbounce etc. The grill was pumping out food all day, and everyone had a great time.

The purpose of the get togeter is not to increase the value of everyones car, it is simply a way for everybody to get together with each other and have a good time. I don't care what the value of my car is, I have owned it since day one and I don't plan on selling it.

Lets just get together and have fun.

Jay
Old 11-14-2005

I think anyone interested would be fine. If I was a guy who didn't own one now, or maybe looking for one, this would be a great time to meet people who know about the cars. And if I could pick a car that wasn't a Saleen, a 93 Cobra is on the list.

Sounds like a plan, should be a great time.
00 Excursion, White
Old 11-14-2005

Default ct picnic

all right we have a couple of votes for hooters in ct and a private picnic we need to come to a middleground for everybody i count three people in?????
Old 11-14-2005

Default jay

did you get a jacket when you bought your car new? also i test drove a new saleen in 90 from a dealer in upper ct which dealer did you buy from??
Old 11-14-2005

Yes, I did recieve the jacket. My car was delivered to Danielson Ford and I had it swapped to Putnam Ford Mercury. My car was the first Saleen that Danielson Ford had, however they were difficult to deal with and I refused to buy it from them. They didn't want to transfer it to another dealer, but after a call or two to Saleen it was transferred without a problem.

Jay
Old 11-15-2005

Default tesrt drive

when i was 18 i test drove a blue 89 and i think it was one of those two dealerships because the only other dealership that had saleens was miller
i remember there being three saleen there to pick from
Old 11-16-2005

If I were to guess I bet you test drove a car at Enfield Ford. They had a couple of left over 89's well into 1990. If I remember correctly I think it was 1989-69 that sat there the longest. It was a red hatchback.

Jay
Old 11-16-2005

very hilly around there
Old 02-07-2006

If you guys get something going in the new england area, count me in.
I would love to get together with some like minded individuals.
Old 02-28-2006

I don't think these cars will fade from memory anytime soon. The ones that I've seen on eBay and the likes seem to get lots of attention and don't last long.