The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1994-1998 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1994-1998 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-14-2015
SOEC Member

Default Seeking: 1994-98 Front air splitter?

Checkout this awesome wide body Saleen. Any ideas on where to get a front air splitter?

Thank you
Michael Plummer
Old 02-17-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

its more than likely a custom built one. like some 1/4 inch textured plastic cut to fit. ive been experimenting with making one just like it but you mock it up and realize that the saleen bumper is not flat, its a slope so the edge of the splitter is kicked up a bit which is where im having a problem myself with tyring to make one.
Old 02-17-2015
SOEC Member

I figured it was custom, was hoping someone knew where to get one. His looks like it's laying flat but maybe the video is playing tricks on me. If you ever get one to fit the way you want please let me know.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Old 02-17-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

mainly his raked ride height, he can get away with it. but at a more level ride height the lip will be pointing slightly up.

if you look at a level car with the saleen bumper from the side you can see how it slopes up slightly and putting a flat surface splitter on it will make it do that.

thinking of making a second layer that levels off towards the rear. sits flush with the front of the bumper, that way it would give it the height needed to put one big flat splitter piece on. but this is all down the road stuff. just an idea in my head.
Old 02-18-2015
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam dawson View Post
thinking of making a second layer that levels off towards the rear. sits flush with the front of the bumper, that way it would give it the height needed to put one big flat splitter piece on. but this is all down the road stuff. just an idea in my head.
Well, I wish you luck with it.