The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009
Administrator

Default Response from Saleen Performance Vehicles to lawsuit filed by Steve Saleen and SMS

Originally Released July 20, 2009:

RESPONSE FROM SALEEN PERFORMANCE VEHICLES TO THE LAWSUIT FILED BY STEVE SALEEN AND SMS SUPERCARS THIS PAST WEEKEND:

To note:

• In February, 2009, MJ Acquistitions purchased many of the assets of Saleen Inc., including the rights to the Saleen brand, and certain assets relating to Saleen's supercharger, aftermarket and high performance street vehicle businesses.

• That part of the company is now doing business as Saleen Performance Vehicles, as a member of the automotive technology enterprise that also includes Power-Tec Engineering, Cyltec, Control-Tec, and Arrow Racing Engines.

• Saleen Performance Vehicles is preparing to launch two, new Saleen high-performance 2010 Mustangs this year, including a vehicle later this week during Mustang Week activities in Myrtle Beach, SC.

• Steve Saleen officially left Saleen, Inc. in 2007.

Statement from Mike Shields, President and CEO of Saleen Performance Vehicles:

TROY, Mich., July 20 -- “We’re dismayed by the lawsuit that was filed this weekend by Steve Saleen, and even more disappointed by the fact that it appears to be an attempt to disrupt the debut of our new Saleen vehicle this week.

“Our company’s purchase of certain assets in February entitles us to use the Saleen brand for our superchargers, aftermarket parts and high performance vehicles, and we look forward to continuing the legacy of great Saleen products that fulfill the brand promise of ‘Power in the Hands of a Few.’

“While this lawsuit is an unfortunate minor distraction, our dedicated team of enthusiasts is excited about not only the launch of our exciting new Saleen car later this week, but also on working closely with our loyal dealers and customers to ensure their satisfaction. As I stated last week during a media teleconference, we are working to resolve past warranty issues and have every intention of going forward with a warranty policy that will provide confidence to all our valued stakeholders.

"The Saleen Performance Vehicles brand is not about one person. It represents a legacy of high-performance vehicles that has developed over the past quarter century, and we feel privileged to be entrusted with that legacy going forward. Everyone in our company takes that responsibility seriously. That's why we're so enthusiastic about the future of our company, and why we can't wait to begin its latest chapter this week at Myrtle Beach."

# # #

About Saleen Performance Vehicles
Saleen Performance Vehicles is a manufacturer of limited-edition, high-performance cars and trucks, headquartered in Troy, Michigan. Saleen vehicles embody sophistication in engineering, styling and performance, resulting in a dynamic driving experience that is both exhilarating and refined. Together with its sister companies, Cyltec LLC, Control-Tec LLC, Power-Tec LLC and Arrow Racing, Saleen encompasses a broad range of capabilities and services in automotive design, development and manufacturing. For more information, please visit the Saleen Performance Vehicles website at www.saleen.com.
Old 07-24-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums News View Post
As I stated last week during a media teleconference, we are working to resolve past warranty issues and have every intention of going forward with a warranty policy that will provide confidence to all our valued stakeholders...

This is the first I have heard of this. Who are they working with?

This is a serious question, has anyone been contacted by the new MJ company regarding reinstating your warranty?
Old 07-24-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meikol02 View Post
This is the first I have heard of this. Who are they working with?

This is a serious question, has anyone been contacted by the new MJ company regarding reinstating your warranty?
We are working to get the information from MJ, but they have not yet released details.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 07-24-2009
SOEC Member

timing does seem curious and reactive, but it may yet prove to be helpful for those who fell into the never land after February 2009. Namely those whose warranty was not picked up by SMS or whose future cars are still in showrooms.
Old 07-24-2009
Account with Invalid Email

This stuff is killing me...I hope Mr.Saleen can take back his name and company and maybe re inverse the money to the current owners.
Old 07-24-2009
SOEC Member

This all reminds me of an ugly custody battle - the only real winners are the lawyers. The warranty comment from Saleen/MJ in their latest press release is interesting - I am currently working on a warranty issue, and so far the support from SMS has been *stellar*. Saleen/MJ made a bit of effort, but they weren't really much help. That was before this latest announcement though - I will be calling them back again to see where they stand.

Chris.
Old 07-24-2009
Administrator

Steve Saleen and SMS Supercars has already started supporting vehicles purchased after February 2; initially they offered coverage only on vehicles purchased prior to that date.
Old 07-24-2009
Saleen Staff Users

We have stated since Hancock Park ended all warranty support that we were working on a solution for the issue, we realize that the best solution would have been the same day they made the announcement, to take it on right there. We worked extremely hard on not only coming up with a solution, but we are able to stand behind it in a way that not only will the customers be happy, but the dealers will not have a problem doing the work because they know they will be reimbursed promptly.
This is by no means a "reaction" to anything, but rather the best solution possible for the customers and the dealers.

Thank you
Jess
Old 07-24-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks Jess - I guess many of us were a little cynical about the "Working on it" comments from MJ, but it is great to hear that Saleen/MJ is going to stand behind Saleen warranties.

Chris.
Old 07-24-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Again I have to stress Hancock Park dumped the warranties, not Saleen Performance Vehicles (MJ). Mike Shields is as honest a man as the day is long. If he states that we are working on something, expect it to turn out well.

Thank you
Jess
Old 07-24-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctann View Post
This all reminds me of an ugly custody battle - the only real winners are the lawyers. The warranty comment from Saleen/MJ in their latest press release is interesting - I am currently working on a warranty issue, and so far the support from SMS has been *stellar*. Saleen/MJ made a bit of effort, but they weren't really much help. That was before this latest announcement though - I will be calling them back again to see where they stand.

Chris.
I'm having a serious warranty issue that I've been working on with SMS. They've put in a lot of effort into getting it taken care of through my dealer but nothing solid yet.
Old 07-24-2009
SOEC Member

SMS Supercars have been working on getting my fuel rail recall and assured me that they would get it as soon as possible for my 07 S331SC. I started trying to get this thru Saleen in January and this got dumped in February. It has been a roller coaster ride trying to get this resolved. At least Steve's company is putting in a effort to get this taken care of.
Old 07-24-2009
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Albright View Post
Again I have to stress Hancock Park dumped the warranties, not Saleen Performance Vehicles (MJ). Mike Shields is as honest a man as the day is long. If he states that we are working on something, expect it to turn out well.

Thank you
Jess
Jess,

Thank you for reminding us of that fact, I know you to be an honest guy and interested in the owners best interest, I will take your word on Mike. Again thanks for helping with the details
Old 07-25-2009
SOEC Member

the good news is that SMS already reinbursed me for my troubles a little while back. Looks like SS beat them to the punch. I beleive Spring said I was in the first round of claims so if people are waiting for claims...there is hope, I got my check.
Closed Thread