The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 06-28-2008
SOEC Member

Question Is this True? 420S

http://www.0-60mag.com/online/?p=4757

Another model
(6/2005) Purchased 05 Saleen #1004 Windveil Blue from Galpin (9/2006) 14" Saleen Brakes, (7/2007) 475hp Supercharger, Guages, Watts Link Suspension, (10/2007) Rear Slotted Rotors, (2/2008) 19" TSW Wheels (Hypersilver), (1/2009) Super Shaker. (4/2012) Back to 20" Saleen Wheels

(10/2007 Morning) 414 RWHP 403 RWTQ w/ Stock Saleen SC Tune w/o Super Shaker (Sold 2/11/2018)

01 Saleen #629 (NA) True Blue (Sold 6/15/07)

SOEC#2092
SOEC#2129

Quick Video http://youtu.be/gkiCgwzJTFE
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Yes, the latest rumor... think of the GT Sport from 15 years ago and this is close to that... Saleen-inspired components but I'd say without the Saleen prestige... likely no serial number, but for someone who wants Heritage looks and performance at a budget price, this might be a good option.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 06-28-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Racecraft SALEEN

Looked at them being build up at the Troy plant the ones I seen were white .
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

It is interesting.
Old 06-28-2008
Account with Invalid Email

talk about DILUTE'N the brand

POWER IN THE HANDS OF "EVERYONE"

jeez these companys need to GIVE IT A BREAK
Old 06-29-2008
Administrator

Likely we'll see a formal unveiling at Mustang Week if not before.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sallenX View Post

I would have to agree. They are getting crazy with all these different "special" models. I mean yes, they are still "limited production" on all of them but I feel they are starting to make too many per year to actually hold a value compaired to the past years IMO.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 06-30-2008
Administrator

It's official!
Saleen, Inc. invites you to join us in Myrtle Beach, SC during Mustang Week July 22nd - 26th ! We are debuting our new " RaceCraft " brand and would like to provide you the opportunity for demo rides and on the spot interviews with our management team. RaceCraft is currently available at select Saleen and Ford dealerships with an MSRP price of $38,995 base model.

RaceCraft provides 420 horsepower with 400 lb/ft of torque - offering a stealth look but powerful feel! We are enthusiastic to introduce this product to you at such an comprehensive and exciting event!

Our reveal will be held on Saturday, July 26th, at Colonial Mall , 10177 North Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, SC, at 4pm . Please join us for this event and Power Your Senses !!!!
See the following thread for more information on Mustang Week and to RSVP for a demo ride: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3370

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 07-01-2008

If this is a V8 it's a very good deal and I think will sell pretty good
88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
521 Charcot Ave Suite #199
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
I would have to agree. They are getting crazy with all these different "special" models. I mean yes, they are still "limited production" on all of them but I feel they are starting to make too many per year to actually hold a value compaired to the past years IMO.
It seems the S197s are not holding a value. The leftover '06s, '07s, and PJs can't help much. In most cases dealers blew out the '03s and '04s too.

I don't know, but Saleen, Inc will probably still do the 1,500 cars since 2005... but there will just be more variations of the theme.

Beats me, but if dealers still have 2007 S281s... they probably want something other than another S281.

I guess the choice would be to either cut production or create more niche models within the series.
Old 07-01-2008

It does seem to be diluting the brand a bit.
Saleen needs to figure out how to service their existing customers that have already sent them their money before launching more products.

I've been waiting months to get warranty issues fixed on my PJ. My tolerance for Saleen's lack of concern for their customer continues to thin.

JB
Old 08-13-2008
Administrator

Matt Stone at MotorTrend wrote this: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-13-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
Matt Stone at MotorTrend wrote this: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
Call me "crazy," but I like it.

It's like the Sleeper GTs met the H281s. The only thing I don't know is... will the RaceCraft complete with the used S281 market. A market that is falling.

It would be neat if they could do the side tape in different colors.
Old 08-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Call me "crazy," but I like it.

It's like the Sleeper GTs met the H281s. The only thing I don't know is... will the RaceCraft complete with the used S281 market. A market that is falling.

It would be neat if they could do the side tape in different colors.
I like the way it looks also... I think it's going to do well for Saleen...

Here's my version... mine would be like a 525s

88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 08-14-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sallenX View Post

AGREED 110%

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 08-14-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464 View Post
AGREED 110%
The idea of the RaceCraft brand is pretty neat. It does want people want in two fashions. One: Keeps the "Saleen" name on the higher end cars. Two: Creates an entry level performance model with value changes.

Really... when Saleen Inc started to crank out 1,500 Mustangs a year in 2005... that was the beginning of the over saturation.

With over-production, leftover 2006s, 2007s... motivated dealers... and the firesale discounts here and there... these events placed "Power In The Hand Of Everyone." It's also kinda' hard to sell the idea that a Saleen "is special" when the dealer stock sat for a year/ two outside and look like poop.

So, if the current idea is to cut production, offer an unserialized sales model and bring some exclusivity to the brand again... not a bad plan.

On the flip-side... even with 1,500 Mustang produced a year... how many do you see on the road on any given workday? I can only think of three S197s I see on any regular basis during a work week.

At the end of the day it's still a Mustang... if anyone would like to finance a car for a half-decade or more... they can own a new Saleen. We're not talking Ferrari Enzo.

As a side: The strong production of the 1999-2004 models probably created an interesting climate in itself. The neat thing about walking around the Atco event... one could see the "New Edge" cars have caught on with the early/ mid-20s set. As someone who's knocking on 30, it's neat to see new enthusiasts enter the brand.

It's an attainable dream.

At the end of the day, it's a reengineered, remanufactured Mustang. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not a Murcielago... nor should it be.

"Power In The Hand Of Everyone." No issue with it. As long as the new owners aren't snobs or jerks.
Old 08-14-2008

I agree 100% that the 2005 was WAY over produced. Even in 2004 a dealer had over 20 in stock and had atleast 10 into 2007!!! These were 2004's in 2007. Why would anyone want a 2004 when there were used 05's & 06's? Yes, they are both good looking cars but I would rather have the new body style over a 3 year old car IMO.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 08-14-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPSMak View Post
I like the way it looks also... I think it's going to do well for Saleen...

Here's my version... mine would be like a 525s
What wheels are these, Mike? They almost look like a large Magnum 500 style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
I agree 100% that the 2005 was WAY over produced. Even in 2004 a dealer had over 20 in stock and had atleast 10 into 2007!!! These were 2004's in 2007. Why would anyone want a 2004 when there were used 05's & 06's? Yes, they are both good looking cars but I would rather have the new body style over a 3 year old car IMO.
Yep. They pretty much produced double the amount they should have for every model.

I don't mind the New Edge 1999-'04 style. In some ways... they are the last of the lightweights. A little bit or last bit of the RickyRacer. For some reason I tag the 2005-2009 Saleens as more of a GT cruiser. Pretty much like a 1969-70 Shelby. The 2005-2009s win with the upscale looks. The custom paint S197s look borderline exotic. Phil Frank did good stuff.

Wayne. Enjoy Woodward.
Old 08-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
What wheels are these, Mike? They almost look like a large Magnum 500 style.
The wheels are KMC Novas

I can understand why people are not happy that Saleen produced so many vehicles BUT at the same time Saleen is a business and they're going to try and sell as many vehicles as possible to make money...
88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 08-15-2008

I blame Carlos for the diluting of the brand in 2005. Thats when he was production manager and was able to make more cars in one day than anyone else ever has been able to!
Old 08-15-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
I blame Carlos for the diluting of the brand in 2005. Thats when he was production manager and was able to make more cars in one day than anyone else ever has been able to!
I'm up for blaming Carlos!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 08-15-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPSMak View Post
The wheels are KMC Novas
I like 'em! First time I think I've seen these.

Quote:
I can understand why people are not happy that Saleen produced so many vehicles BUT at the same time Saleen is a business and they're going to try and sell as many vehicles as possible to make money...
I agree... it's business and they should sell as many as they can... but when the dealers started to back-up both current MY and year-old models, production should have been cut.

I can see the idea of making a Blue GD H281 S/C instead of another Blue S281 S/C... to give the dealers something different to stock and sell. Which is a good plan, but the DG car still lacks buzz. Doesn't help the marketing of this model when DG doesn't attend his signature events either.

The production of budget, low-content S281 S/Cs in '08 when the stardard S/Cs are/were already discounted at the dealer level... was something else.

Beats me.