The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1994-1998 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1994-1998 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 12-21-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Need help with 96 decals

Hi,
First time Saleen owner and new forum member here and I hate to have this as my first post but I need help. I purchased a set of decals from a forum member that stated they are genuin Saleen decals from Speedlab. I received them today and I think there is a problem with the fader stripes. One stripe is narower than the three others by 1/4" and it looks like the fades are cut the wrong direction. If installed on the car the fade will run upward at a 45* angle from the ground and in the photos I have seen it looks like the fade should run parallel with the ground. My car was missing the decals when I purchased it so I have nothing to reference other than photos and none are close enough to tell. Attached are the photos of the decals. Are these decals correct or a knock off set?

Old 12-21-2011
SOEC Member

They may be authentic but it all depends on which company made them. I bought a set for my 2001 from a company that said they made them for Saleen. When I received them i had the same problem that you have now. I then bought a set directly from Saleen and they were the same size. Maybe when they made up the sets they just grab some and didn't look at the size.

The fade chevrons from Saleen had a clear piece over the fade and the other company didn't. I bought 3 sets from Saleen and each one was the same.

But then again maybe in 96 they were different sizes. Just giving you my experience I had with my 2001.
Old 12-22-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Here is a better photo. Can anyone provide me with the correct width of their stripes? Also the spacing between stripes and the spacing from the fade to the SALEEN.

I may just cut down the other fade to match and call it a lesson learned.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Decals 001.jpg