The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 03-06-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Intake "stuff" - any interest?

I got some Carbon Fiber today. I am going to play with it and see what I can do to dress up the troyer kit a bit.

I am speaking to a fabricator about the Saleen series VI super charger on our trucks. As you know the air inlet on the back of the top plate of these SCs are kind of crunched down. When air comes in through the TB, it needs to make two 90 degree turns, and then another 90 degree turn to get into the SC. Not very efficient, but it "works." The fabricator was excited when we discussed ideas.

This is what we are thinking...replacing the to plate of the Saleen Series VI supercharger (just a few bolts and a few plugs, one sensor) with a completely fabricated top plate that completely rotates the TB toward the front of the truck. I believe JDM had a piece that sat on top of the exisiting "plenum" that did this. However, the piece that I am referencing, would actually replace the entire top of our SC. I could also have the TB inlet opened up to 80mm, incase anyone wanted to run a bigger TB.

I am sure there is some power to be gained here. It might be minimal though. The looks would be second to NONE. You would be able to run the troyer kit or nearly any f150 3.5" CAI kit (with a tune) with very minor modifications.

I know price is a concern. I am sure this will be EXPENSIVE. ....think...over $1000. Would anyone else be interested? IM just throwing this out there....im probably going to have this done regardless.
Old 03-06-2009

...im being told under $1000...maybe even as low as $600
Old 03-07-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

I would be interested. I don't like the "crunched" design either. I would think there would be substantial power gains since it would be bigger and not as many bends for the air to have to change direction. Not sure if anyone here frequents the NLOC and NHTOC boards often but Johnny Lighting Performance just re-designed the plentum on the 2.6 Kenne Bell and got an 80hp and 4lb increase just from the plentum.
Old 03-07-2009

I saw that and I saw JJs whipple 3.4 intake/elbow he designed. Thats where I got my idea. I have two shows to go to this month, after that, I am taking my intake off and sending it away to have something fabbed up. I doubt an 80hp gain....but, maybe a few ponies....plus, it would look NICE
Old 05-13-2018
SOEC Member

did you ever get the intake top plate done and if so how did it go?