The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 03-20-2015
Administrator

Default Saleen Unveils A Game Changer With The 2015 302 Black Label

The Most Advanced Mustang in Design, Power, and Performance from Saleen

Saleen Automotive Inc. (OTCQB: SLNN) Los Angeles, CA – (March 20, 2015)
Earlier this year, Saleen Automotive released their 2015 White and Yellow Label 302 Mustangs to much fanfare. To round out their fleet, Saleen pulled out all the stops and developed one of the best Mustangs to date. This car is set to change the way pony cars are looked at from here on out. At a one-of-a-kind event in Downtown LA, Saleen raised the curtain on the latest pony car out of their Corona, CA headquarters.

"Since I started building cars in 1984 my goal has always been to go above and beyond where anybody has been before", said Steve Saleen. "This will by far be the most refined and advanced Mustang we have built to date."

With over 30 years of experience in both racing and manufacturing vehicles, it was only a matter of time before Saleen built a Mustang as comprehensive and technologically advanced as the 2015 302 Black Label.

Power
Saleen combined the reliability and potency of the 5.0L Coyote motor with a twin-screw supercharger. The pair produces the most power from a production Mustang yet at 730 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque on 91 octane gas.

"From the beginning of this project, we have always known that we wanted to create the most powerful production Mustang we have ever built", said Sven Etzelsberger, V.P. of Engineering. "I can happily say that we have accomplished this goal with great success."

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
The 2015 Saleen 302 Black Label not only outperforms every competitor in engine performance, but also outshines even previous generation Saleen Mustangs in handling. This is because the chassis consists of an independent suspension on all four corners. Outfitted with Saleen S4 springs, shocks, swaybars, and bushings, this setup offers complete performance and handling for both on and off the track.

A massive set of 15-inch dimpled rotors and multi-piston brakes bring the car back down from hyperspeed. “A brake setup of this caliber is perfectly fit on an ultra-high performance vehicle like the Black Label 302”, added Etzelsberger.

Keeping the Black Label planted to the road are 275/35R20 tires in the front and 275/40R20 tires in the rear. These are wrapped around a set of Saleen 20 inch 5-spoke alloy wheels that are available in multiple finishes.

Design
By far the most advanced design out of Saleen, the Black Label 302 combines the legacy that Saleen is known for with unconventional design elements and materials for a truly unique vehicle inside and out, top to bottom. This all-new Saleen vehicle started with finely tuned aerodynamic body components. As always, Saleen has spent considerable time optimizing lift over drag (L/D) and this vehicle is no exception. Lengthened an inch and a half in the front and almost two inches in the rear helps to increase the airfoil, thereby increasing downforce over the entire vehicle. A trademark Saleen rear wing balances the downforce created by the front air splitter. Carbon fiber body components help to lighten the overall weight of the vehicle.

The interior is a mix of luxury and styling with black leather and suede seats accented in contrasting chevrons. A high contrast gauge cluster provides key vitals to the driver at a glance. Harking back to Saleen's racing heritage is a leather wrapped steering wheel with controls for audio and the center stack display between the gauges. Unique badging finishes off the interior that includes a dash plaque signifying year of manufacture and serial number of each vehicle.

A full set of Saleen 302 badging and graphics will also be included to complement any one of the standard or custom Saleen paint schemes available on all Saleen vehicles. To match the beauty and refinement of such a remarkable car, Saleen has developed a new paint coating with BASF to launch with this vehicle. California Sunset is a cross between a golden yellow and the hues of a setting sun to create a truly unique color that changes with the light. As with the rest of the Saleen lineup, the 2015 S302 Black Label will receive a Saleen serialization and unique Saleen VIN. Each car is also hand signed by Steve Saleen, ensuring it has gone through the rigorous post-production quality control process.

"This car pushes the boundaries of proportion, both functionally and aesthetically, while transforming the signature American pony car look into a new class of American Exotic", explained Sean Smith, Design Director.

The 2015 Saleen 302 Black Label will have a starting price of $73,214 and is available for order on saleen.com or by calling Saleen's Vehicle Sales Division at (800) 888-8945.

###

About Saleen Automotive, Inc. . Saleen is an American specialty manufacturer of high performance vehicles, technical performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel. Founder Steve Saleen has continually set the bar for automotive design and performance engineering in both street and racing applications. Saleen plans to utilize its existing strategic partnerships and dealer network to refine its design and engineering prowess, continue development of emerging automotive technologies, and expand its presence nationwide with a combination of automotive retail services, aftermarket parts and new vehicle sales to build significant long-term value. Learn more at www.saleenautomotive.com.

Author: Maxwell Matthewson

The 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang is the most advanced Mustang designed and manufactured by Saleen.

Old 03-21-2015
Administrator

Media photos.
Old 03-23-2015
Administrator

More photos.
Old 03-23-2015
Administrator

Last photos.
Old 03-23-2015
Administrator

Specs and options for the 2015 302 line.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MY2015_S302-Features_Specifications_v2.2.pdf (240.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-31-2015
Administrator

Engine photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11090875_10152779823962636_5827926627317696387_o.jpg (297.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-31-2015
SOEC Member

Awesome!!!
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 03-31-2015
SOEC Member

Gorgeous!!
Old 03-31-2015
SOEC Member

No 200mph speedo. That's strange.
Old 03-31-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye76 View Post
No 200mph speedo. That's strange.
My thought is... not an easy thing to incorporate into a computerized vehicle with a central brain.

BTW: The 2013-14 models do not have a 200 MPH gauge package as well.
Old 03-31-2015
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My thought is... not an easy thing to incorporate into a computerized vehicle with a central brain.

BTW: The 2013-14 models do not have a 200 MPH gauge package as well.

My 2005 has a computer controlled speedo that Saleen flashed to make it read to 200mph. It's even more important for the 2015 Saleen because I bet this one can actually do it.
Old 03-31-2015
SOEC Member

Really like all the carbon fiber used

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 04-01-2015
SOEC Member

Some things are worth the wait...this is a prime example....Well done!!! However; I do believe I would peg the speedo...at one point or another... The shifter reminds me of something I have seen before....hmm......
Old 04-02-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

There seems to be a few borrowed parts, it is what it is, overall I like the direction, price seems to be at the mark with Hennessey, Steeda, and Roush.
Old 04-03-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Outstanding!

Saleen really hit the mark with this one. What a beast and the price point is perfect for a car of this magnitude. Who needs the Hellcat, ZO6 or any of the Camaros. This should be a home run. Although I think the better bang for the buck is the yellow series. Depending on my taxes I may be buying!!!
Old 04-05-2015
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklein View Post
Saleen really hit the mark with this one. What a beast and the price point is perfect for a car of this magnitude. Who needs the Hellcat, ZO6 or any of the Camaros. This should be a home run. Although I think the better bang for the buck is the yellow series. Depending on my taxes I may be buying!!!

So what is the price point on the new Black Label? I haven't seen it.
Old 04-05-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiSaleen View Post
So what is the price point on the new Black Label? I haven't seen it.
Starting price of $73,214. In the first post.