The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 11-16-2009
SOEC Member

Default X-Pipe is on and we got a Video!

Put on a Pypes Off-road X-pipe. Very happy with the quality and price of Pype's O/R X. I have stock exhaust manifolds and MBRP Stinger type Axle-backs. The sound is very raspy and loud. The video came out ok, but doesn't get the depth of the tone and loudness. Couldn't really open it up too well, the road wasn't super flat as I would have liked. good rev up at the end of the video. Enjoy!

Old 11-16-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Sounds great. Is that a 420S?
Old 11-16-2009
SOEC Member

sounds great, especially at idle! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-17-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks guys.

And yes, it is a 420 S. Nothing done engine wise yet, but some goodies on the way. This winter may be a busy one :)
Old 11-21-2009
SOEC Member

what "goodies" the way? And what is MBRP?
Old 11-21-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflagsc View Post
what "goodies" the way? And what is MBRP?
MBRP makes exhausts for primarily american cars, trucks, diesels, and ATVs/Snowmobiles. The company makes some very nice truck and Jeep exhausts and a local guy at them on his 05 GT before he sold it. I decided to take a chance with them and the sound is pretty good with just them. Now with the Xpipe, its pretty intimating. I have the stinger-like ones.

As for the goodies, you'll have to wait and see. Nothing crazy, but a few nice pieces
Old 11-22-2009

The X pipe drove me crazy after a few minutes of driving taking the car home from the shop. It was just too raspy for me. Had it swapped out for an H-pipe a few days ago. I do have headers on mine though, so I hope your experience is better.
Old 11-22-2009
SOEC Member

I felt the very same way at first. But then the more I drove it, I really liked the sound. Any time the local old guys here it, they say it sounds like its from the 70s. My buddy from home came to visit with his 2v 4.6L, which has an O/R H-pipe and is very loud, yet mine dwarfs his in volume. And to be honest the tone is better. I always liked the sound of his, but mine just has a very intimating sound. He's pretty critical and he said I'd be foolish to change it.

That being said, I don't drive the car daily. If I did, I know my neighbors would hate me....but it'd be worth it!
Old 12-02-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepngli View Post
I don't drive the car daily. If I did, I know my neighbors would hate me....but it'd be worth it!
Thats why I drive my Foxbody daily....my neighbors would sh*t themselves if I fired that thing up every morning
Old 12-03-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastregalwe2 View Post
Thats why I drive my Foxbody daily....my neighbors would sh*t themselves if I fired that thing up every morning
Every morning when I start my jeep I think to myself, "I should really take the racecraft today". But again, too nice to my neighbors. They would flip out if I did like you said.

I drove the car daily to work for the first 3k miles on it and I've never had such a smile on my face going into work every day. That was before the X-pipe. I imagine I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I drove it daily now!