The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-12-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: Dash Pod cluster for S281 SC an option?

Hi guys, I have a quick question about the pod cluster that came on the supercharged cars. Was the cluster an option? I just picked up 08-148 and its supercharged, but it does not have the two gauge cluster that sits on top in the middle of the dash.

Appreciate the reply’s!
Old 08-12-2018
Administrator

For factory S197 Supercharged cars the Saleen dash pod was standard.

There is an exception though, the 2008 Red Flag, 2008 American Flag and 2009 S281 Sport were supercharged cars, but did not have the dash pod as standard equipment nor an option.

The Red Flag, American Flag and Sport were considered decontented Supercharged models... Saleen removed features to bring these vehicles to market at a lower price point.

From my notes, 08-0148 was a 2008 American Flag Edition in Torch Red. The Red Flag and American Flag models were part of the overall 2008 S281 Supercharged series with regards to Saleen serial numbers.

https://soec.org/saleen-salutes-the-troops/

The American Flag model had a unique Certificate of Authenticity that was mailed to the original owners, a document that are rarely seen today.
Old 08-12-2018
Administrator

Production numbers:

http://soec.org/vehicle/special/
Attached Thumbnails
used-2008-ford-mustang-2drsaleens281-7345-17670874-40-1024.jpg  

Old 08-12-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the input! It is a torch red American flag car so that makes sense. Wish I could get that special letter of authenticity for it. But I’m happy with the purchase and feel fortunate I found it and was lucky enough to purchase it.