The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Steve Saleen Signature Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Steve Saleen Signature Events Saleen enthusiast events where Steve Saleen will be attending.

Old 05-08-2014
SOEC Member

Dave, I pre-registered under SOEC. Thanks

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 05-11-2014
SOEC Member

Default Steve Saleen WILL Attend Carlisle All Ford Nationals!

I had dinner with Steve & Liz Saleen last night. We got a YES reply. Steve WILL attend the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle on Friday, June 6 & Saturday, June 7, 2014.

Steve will have a Saleen owners only autograph session on Friday. We also have arrangements for a group dinner on Friday. Steve will participate in the Saturday parade too. Details later!

travcar
#13-001, Supercharged Saleen 351 Prototype
#97-0014 Supercharged Saleen S351 Speedster
www.saleen351.com

Saleen Alley Newsletter archives:
http://saleens351.home.comcast.net/~saleens351/SA.htm
Old 05-11-2014
SOEC Member

Great news!!! Thanks Betsy

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 05-11-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
For those that preregistered for the event by choosing "SALEEN OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS CLUB," we are currently working on a goody bag.

Please give as a "heads up" so we can start a tally.
Hey Dave,

I pre-registered last week. I look forward to another great show at Carlisle..
Old 05-13-2014
SOEC Member

We are pre-registered as well.
Old 05-15-2014
Administrator

That's great news!

Space for the dinner is limited, so please keep the dinner event to Saleen owners and immediate family... the crowd gets too big when everyone brings their friends who aren't owners.

RSVP info to come.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-16-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Thats great news... I can only attend on saturday due to work. Would love to know when Steve and the family will be available to say hello.
Old 05-16-2014
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle 2014

Thrilled to see Steve will be there again this year. There are a lot of loyal owners in the Northeast and a potentially huge market for Saleen. Up until now they seem to ignore our area. Everything takes place out West. I understand that demographics play a big part in this situation but, I hope Saleen will try to do more in our area. I wish they announced his participation earlier. We brought our 281 Extreme down last year for Steve to sign and had a great time. Like this year we didn't have a lot of notice and last year had already committed to dinner with the Shelby Owners club. Don't think I will be able to bring the Saleen down this year as we are bringing our Model A, which is being displayed in the 110 years of Ford display. Don't think I can get both cars down. If we had more notice we may have made different arrangements.
Old 05-16-2014
SOEC Member

Im not exactly sure how to "RSVP", but we have been registered for a long time, and club affiliation was SOEC at registration.
Old 05-16-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prez1967 View Post
Thats great news... I can only attend on saturday due to work. Would love to know when Steve and the family will be available to say hello.
Saturday at the SOEC/Saleen booth! :)

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 05-16-2014
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceFitz View Post
Thrilled to see Steve will be there again this year. There are a lot of loyal owners in the Northeast and a potentially huge market for Saleen. Up until now they seem to ignore our area. Everything takes place out West. I understand that demographics play a big part in this situation but, I hope Saleen will try to do more in our area. I wish they announced his participation earlier. We brought our 281 Extreme down last year for Steve to sign and had a great time. Like this year we didn't have a lot of notice and last year had already committed to dinner with the Shelby Owners club. Don't think I will be able to bring the Saleen down this year as we are bringing our Model A, which is being displayed in the 110 years of Ford display. Don't think I can get both cars down. If we had more notice we may have made different arrangements.
We did start talking about the strong possibility Steve would be there this year last September. Hopefully you can stop by and say hello.
Old 05-16-2014
SOEC Member

We will be stopping by. Steve was a great, very personable, guy. I would buy another Saleen based on who he is. Trying to figure a way to get the Saleen there.
Old 05-16-2014
SOEC Member

Default Steve Saleen WILL Attend All Ford Nationals, Carlisle, Pennsylvania June 6&7, 2014

Steve Saleen WILL Attend All Ford Nationals, Carlisle, Pennsylvania June 6&7, 2014

The Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club has again successfully scheduled Steve Saleen’s appearance at the 2014 All Ford Nationals, Carlisle, Pennsylvania on Friday, June 6 & Saturday, June 7, 2014. We have posted that we obtained a maybe response last fall. On April 19, Steve’s attendance was upgraded to a “probably”. On April 20 Steve and Liz Saleen went to Beijing, China for an International Auto Show. On May 10 we got the final YES to Steve’s attendance at the event! I read comments that some forum members were disappointed that they can’t make plans to attend. Please understand how fortunate we are to have Steve Saleen attend the event 2 years in a row. The awesome attendance of around 130 Saleen vehicles at the 2013 Carlisle All Ford Nationals helped us as we negotiated for his attendance at this year’s event!

The whole show runs from Friday – Sunday, but Steve will only attend Friday & Saturday. We expect to have a very busy day for Steve Saleen on Saturday. We will have a “Saleen Owners Only” autograph session on Friday to sign Saleen vehicles and other Saleen memorabilia. We want you to get your autographs done on Friday. If you are able to get your items autographed on Friday, we will ask that you don’t go through the autograph line again on Saturday to allow time for others. Because of the 50th Anniversary Celebration, we expect an overwhelming turn out of Mustangs. Let’s top last year’s total of around 130 Saleen vehicles on the show field.

Try to attend on Friday. We have reservations for Friday dinner at a restaurant in a plaza around the corner from the fairgrounds’ back gate. We will leave the show field at 4:15 on Friday, June 6, 2014. We are scheduled to arrive for dinner at 4:30. Although the show runs until 5:00, Friday isn’t the big busy day, so we will leave at 4:15. Please stay at the show until 4:15. The restaurant we are going to is Marcello'sRistorante, 900 Cavalry Rd., Carlisle, PA. From the main entrance gate, turn right, go a short distance to a light at Cavalry Rd. and turn right on to Cavalry Rd. The restaurant is in the plaza on the right.

Buffet dinner will include salad, Italian dishes (containing beef, chicken, and fish), beverage, tax, and tip for a total of $20 per person. For children under 10 years old the price is $7. The dinner cost per person will be paid at the restaurant the day of the dinner. No orders from the regular menu.

Because we are limited to 90 people, this is for Saleen Owners and immediate families. Single reservations may bring 1 guest. To notify the restaurant with a preliminary quantity, we need reservations by Saturday, May 31. All reservations will be accepted on an as available basis. After Saturday, May 31 reservation requests will be honored, if space is available. When we reach a total of 90, names will be kept on a waiting list. If space allows, friends of Saleen Owners can attend. Stop by the Saleen tent on Friday, June 6.

Send name, Saleen vehicle type & number, and quantity for dinner to Betsy Beyer at saleen351@comcast.net

Please check in at the SOEC tent by 2:00 on Friday, June 6 to confirm your reservation. If you can’t make it to the show field by 2:00 on Friday, but you will be at the dinner, please send me an e-mail message on Thursday, June 5th or Friday morning, June 6th to confirm your reservation. If your plans change, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to make room for others.

When you resister for the show, please list the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club for your club affiliation.
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals
Carlisle Events Registration page:
http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=24

Goody bags to those who pre-register under Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club -- this helps support SOEC.

On Saturday, June 7, Steve will have autograph sessions, and he will have Q&A time to be scheduled by Carlisle Events. On Saturday, Steve Saleen will sign Saleen vehicles that weren't done on Friday. Steve will also participate in the Saturday parade. Steve & Liz Saleen will drive 2013 Saleen 351 #001. All vehicles in the parade must be preregistered and have a ticket for the parade.

See you in Carlisle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014-06-06&07CarlislePA-AllFordNationals3.pdf (57.4 KB, 4 views)

travcar
www.saleen351.com

Last edited by travcar; 05-18-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Me and Glen from 281 Motorsports will be in attendance this year!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 05-18-2014

This will be the first Ford Nationals for me. Bringing my 2000 Saleen. Question though. I registered my car,so is Friday just for Steve to sign cars or am I supposed to bring my car Friday anyway for the car show? Just wondering. Like what is the schedule of events?
Old 05-18-2014
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle Show

The Carlisle All Ford Show that you registered for is Friday, June 6 - Sunday, June 8. Steve Saleen will be there Friday and Saturday.

travcar
www.saleen351.com

Old 05-18-2014

So they will let me in the gate each day? That how it works? Sorry Im used to Mustang Week and them saying car show is these days so bring your car then. Just want to make sure i come the right day for them to let me in.
Old 05-18-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbev77 View Post
So they will let me in the gate each day? That how it works?
Yes. You can enter the fairgrounds with your vehicle each day of the Ford Nationals. One entry fee gives you fairgrounds gate access for the entire event.
Old 05-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Yes. You can enter the fairgrounds with your vehicle each day of the Ford Nationals. One entry fee gives you fairgrounds gate access for the entire event.
Ok thanks a lot. I have a family of 4, so when I register it pays for me and 1 other for all the days. So I just pay for 2 members each day I take it?
Old 05-18-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Ok thanks a lot. I have a family of 4, so when I register it pays for me and 1 other for all the days. So I just pay for 2 members each day I take it?
Correct. Registration covers the car, driver and one passenger. Additional passengers will be extra.
Old 05-18-2014
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

Your registration gives you entry to the 3 days of activities on the Carlisle grounds. When you pick up your registration, you will get a window decal to put on your car. If you registered by May 5, you will get your gate pass in the mail. You get a show field pass and will park on a 1st come-basis in the Saleen section each day. There is a participant vote on Saturday. Awards are presented on Sunday.

There are vendors on the midway and huge swap meet area for vendors. There is a burnout contest, available dyno for a fee, test Ford test drives in Expo Center, guest seminars, presentations at the stage area, and special displays in buildings. Most owners just like hanging out with their cars.

Friday at 5:00 Carlisle will have a 50th Anniversary celebration with cake and entertainment that is advertised to "run into the night". If you want to go to the Saleen dinner we should be done with dinner after 6 and then you could return to the show field that is only 5 minutes from the restaurant. Saturday there is a parade to downtown for a street cruise-in. Preregistration is required for the parade.

travcar
www.saleen351.com

Old 05-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcar View Post
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

Your registration gives you entry to the 3 days of activities on the Carlisle grounds. When you pick up your registration, you will get a window decal to put on your car. If you registered by May 5, you will get your gate pass in the mail. You get a show field pass and will park on a 1st come-basis in the Saleen section each day. There is a participant vote on Saturday. Awards are presented on Sunday.

There are vendors on the midway and huge swap meet area for vendors. There is a burnout contest, available dyno for a fee, test Ford test drives in Expo Center, guest seminars, presentations at the stage area, and special displays in buildings. Most owners just like hanging out with their cars.

Friday at 5:00 Carlisle will have a 50th Anniversary celebration with cake and entertainment that is advertised to "run into the night". If you want to go to the Saleen dinner we should be done with dinner after 6 and then you could return to the show field that is only 5 minutes from the restaurant. Saturday there is a parade to downtown for a street cruise-in. Preregistration is required for the parade.
Awesome, thanks a lot for the information. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm driving 10 hours, just getting all the information before I drive there.
Old 05-18-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
This will be the first Ford Nationals for me. Bringing my 2000 Saleen. Question though. I registered my car,so is Friday just for Steve to sign cars or am I supposed to bring my car Friday anyway for the car show? Just wondering. Like what is the schedule of events?
Bring your car all days you are planning to go. Its a great time. You will love it.

Old 05-20-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default registration

Can I still register?
Old 05-20-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88#322 View Post
Can I still register?
Yes. Event registration does not end.

http://store.carlisleevents.com/Prod...tCode=2014-027
Old 05-20-2014
SOEC Member

pre-registered under the SOEC and will finally have #509 there for Steve to sign. No dinner for me though. Looking forward to seeing you all and enjoying some time with the groups
1988 Saleen Coupe #509
Fox Body Saleen; https://www.facebook.com/groups/FoxBodySaleen/
Old 05-20-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

I'm looking forward to meeting Steve I must have him sign my car, how can I upload photo's?
Old 05-20-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88#322 View Post
I'm looking forward to meeting Steve I must have him sign my car, how can I upload photo's?
If you are not on a phone, do you see the paper clip icon in the new post menu?
Old 05-20-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Joshua 509 is sweet it's sick......
Old 05-21-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

OK I'm registered see you guys on Friday
Old 05-23-2014
Administrator

I was asked if you can leave your car overnight -- is it possible? Is it advised?

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 05-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
I was asked if you can leave your car overnight -- is it possible? Is it advised?
Jim, I believe a large amount of people did there cars in place.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 05-23-2014
SOEC Member

Yes you can leave your car there in place.
Old 05-24-2014
SOEC Member

I have before, and will be again leaving the car on site.
Old 05-28-2014

Default Saleen

Hey guys, I will be in attendance this year. On a side note I will be bringing my car down on one of my Ramp trucks, if any one needs any assistance in the event of a break down, I will be there to help free of charge. contact info is
781-953-0082. thanks Colby
Old 05-28-2014

I registered a few weeks ago without knowing to put Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club Is there anyway I can change it or tell them at the gate...I just got my saleen 3 months ago and didnt know how this all works.
Old 05-29-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

What was your question what is your car #?
Old 05-31-2014
Administrator

Default Carlisle dinner: Still accepting reservations & time change

In addition to Steve & Liz Saleen attending the Carlisle event, daughter, Molly Saleen, and son, Sean Saleen, will also be at the event. Both Molly and Sean are an integral part of Saleen Automotive.

We have 66 registered for dinner on Friday, June 6. This is enough to secure the restaurant space. We can still accept additional reservations up to a maximum total of 90.

The restaurant we are going to is Marcello'sRistorante, 900 Cavalry Rd., Carlisle, PA. From the main entrance gate, turn right, go a short distance to a light at Cavalry Rd. and turn right on to Cavalry Rd. The restaurant is in the plaza on the right.

So that Steve Saleen can return to the Carlisle Event for a Friday evening presentation, we moved the dinner to 30 minutes earlier. The new dinner time is 4:00 P.M. on Friday, June 6.

Carlisle Events is having a Friday night Birthday Party. The fun starts around 5 P.M. and runs into the night with cake, live music, special guests, and more. At the party you’ll find engineers and other industry specific Ford folks. Come one, come all, and celebrate the Mustang’s birthday.

Please remember check in with me at the SOEC tent by 2:00 on Friday to confirm your reservation. If you can’t make it to the show field by 2:00, but you will be at the dinner, please send me an e-mail message on Thursday, June 6th or Friday morning, June 7th to confirm your reservation. If your plans change, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to make room for others.

Betsy Beyer, e-mail saleen351@comcast.net
Old 06-01-2014

When does the event map get released so we can see where we will be parking.

Looks like the weather report has gotten better since I looked at it 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-02-2014
SOEC Member

Default Parking

We have been told we might be near the same area as last year in the first row by the grand stands. Parking is all handled by the Carlisle staff.

travcar
www.saleen351.com

Last edited by travcar; 06-02-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-02-2014
SOEC Member

This map isn't accurate?

http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Ford_Map.pdf

Loaded the car in the trailer yesterday, wheels up Thursday.
Old 06-02-2014
Administrator

Yes. The map is current.
Attached Thumbnails
2014_Ford_Map.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014_Ford_Map.pdf (11.64 MB, 5 views)
Old 06-02-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specracer View Post
This map isn't accurate?

http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Ford_Map.pdf

Loaded the car in the trailer yesterday, wheels up Thursday.
Looks like the same area as last year. Prime location

Old 06-02-2014
SOEC Member

Looks like I will be attending my first nationals this year. I couldnt go to the one in Conroe last year. I just happened to be in the area the weekend it starts. Wish I had the Extreme there but happy to meet other Saleen owners.
Old 06-02-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

I can only attend from about 10am to 4pm on Friday, but would like to get car autographed by Steve. Is there a schedule for when Steve will be signing cars on Friday? I think it would be worth the miles to bring 03-211 to get it signed.
2003 Saleen 281C Redfire Cobra Coupe #211
Old 06-02-2014
Administrator

Last year I think we were in row IC and the cars flooded IC and IB. We may have swapped places with the Roush class and club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME12 View Post
Looks like I will be attending my first nationals this year. I couldnt go to the one in Conroe last year. I just happened to be in the area the weekend it starts. Wish I had the Extreme there but happy to meet other Saleen owners.
Visit the club tent and say "hi!"
Old 06-03-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Visit the club tent and say "hi!"
Will do Dave, thanks. I already purchased my weekend pass so just waiting on the weekend to come.
Old 06-03-2014

Default few more days!!

See everyone Friday!
Old 06-03-2014

When I viewed that map posted I thought we were right behind the stage kinda bumped up next to the midway area in II? Just hope it's a flat area...and dry lol

What times does everyone return on Sat. morning? I only did a one day trip prior in 2012 so I'm not sure what time to get at the grounds on Sat. I should be in on friday around noon. :)
Old 06-04-2014

Default Carlisle

We in the process of doing some final detailing. I was not able to get the Alcon brakes on in time for the but I guess there is always next time. We should be on the road Thursday afternoon.

Just want to remind everyone, I will have my ramp truck as the show in case anyone needs any instance free of charge. Thanks Colby