The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2015-Present Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2015-Present Saleen Mustang The latest generation of Mustang by Steve Saleen based on the S550 platform. White Label, Yellow Label and Black Label. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-10-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: Pricing a new Saleen? - Hello from SoCal

Can you negotiate the price of a new Saleen, or they won't budge from MSRP?

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2015
SOEC Member

Everything is negotiable.
Old 06-10-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
Everything is negotiable.
Thanks. I'm going to put in an offer on a '15 Saleen Yellow Label. CAn Saleen finance through Ford Motor Credit?
Old 06-10-2015
SOEC Member

I believe so. Have you thought about going through a dealer?
Old 06-10-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
I believe so. Have you thought about going through a dealer?
Whoa, didn't know I could. Thought I had to order directly from Saleen.
Old 06-10-2015
SOEC Member

Just remember most of these cars are looked at mustang gt - so financing a 70K mustang can be tricky. You will need loads of docs supporting the price but getting a FoMoCo loan may work. I lowball and walk away - dealers are not my friends and most all cars are marked way up. Use the walk away option never fall in love and make it a purely $ transaction and weather its a house or car you will make out. Typically the cars depreciate 50% in 2 years so if you wanna be real savvy buy a 2012 or 13 loaded and ask 29K.
Old 06-10-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliioct14 View Post
Just remember most of these cars are looked at mustang gt - so financing a 70K mustang can be tricky. You will need loads of docs supporting the price but getting a FoMoCo loan may work. I lowball and walk away - dealers are not my friends and most all cars are marked way up. Use the walk away option never fall in love and make it a purely $ transaction and weather its a house or car you will make out. Typically the cars depreciate 50% in 2 years so if you wanna be real savvy buy a 2012 or 13 loaded and ask 29K.
Good points. I'd be putting down 20% of the purchase price which should help. The yellow label isn't $70K, it's $20K cheaper.
Old 06-10-2015
SOEC Member

Ask a few questions regarding parent company at the dealership - FYI stock is at .007 at this point future is uncertain and if you have contingencies written into the paperwork it could save you frustration years down the road. At a used car purchase you know what you are in for at new car purchase you do not. All the best should be a sweet car!! enjoy the passion
Old 06-10-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Ask a few questions regarding parent company at the dealership - FYI stock is at .007 at this point future is uncertain and if you have contingencies written into the paperwork it could save you frustration years down the road. At a used car purchase you know what you are in for at new car purchase you do not. All the best should be a sweet car!! enjoy the passion
After a quick google search, as of last year, Saleen was in debt millions of dollars. Didn't know this. Where would you take these cars for warranty work? If they went under, I'd be screwed. Rethinking my purchase for sure.
Old 06-10-2015
SOEC Member

Just have it written into the contract that in the event parts etc are not available thru bankruptcy they would be provided or remanufactured or a big or barter a greater price so your risk is reduced.
Old 06-10-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Just have it written into the contract that in the event parts etc are not available thru bankruptcy they would be provided or remanufactured or a big or barter a greater price so your risk is reduced.
Good luck with that. I would be shocked if any dealer would agree to that, I sure wouldn't.