The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2014 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2014 Saleen Mustang For the SN10 platform California-built 2010 SMS 460 and 460X, the 2011-12 SMS 302, and 2013-14 Saleen 4V, SC, SSC and 351.
All Label cars (White Yellow, Black). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-29-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: 2011 SMS 302 production numbers & options?

Okay, heres the deal. I found a 2011 302 SMS Mustang for sale and have been trying to find out all I can about the car before I buy. I haven't found squat. I'd like to know production numbers, options, etc. Can't even find out what the car is worth. Not even a ballpark figure. Who can help? Anyone? Dash plaque is yellow and says 11-031. Car looks pretty plain jane and is non-sc. Please let me know what you know. Thanks Fellas!
Old 05-30-2013
Administrator

2011 SMS302 production began with a model that eventually became known as the Saleen S302 4-Valve Black Label. The 2011 models originally were not supercharged.

The exterior of these vehicles feature the complete styling kit, spoiler, hood, chrome wheels, series emblems and decals.

The performance enhancements are springs, shocks/struts, air filter, calibration and axle-back exhaust.

The interior features refoamed seats, chevron detailed seat covers, 200MPH speedometer, floor mats and logo sill plates. Some vehicles have the dash serialization plate, others do not. The original 2011 302 plates are yellow.

2011 model year S302 Mustangs were produced in both 2010 and 2011.

In late 2010 the White Label and Yellow Label models debuted. Eventually the color series reflects the dash serialization plate, I do not believe this coordination was immediately implemented. Also, a number of vehicles do not feature a dash serialization plate.
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

I have 11-032 a Black Label. Not sure what package the car you are looking at has. I think I may still have the original window sticker, pre-supercharged price, for it somewhere. I'll look here shortly. Production numbers are a mystery. I am still waiting for my LOA. So what is the version of the car? Color? Have any pics of it?
Old 05-30-2013
Administrator

11-031 sounds like a White Label from the description.

White Label Press Release:
Motor Trend

Auto Blog
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

Yeah, thanks Dave. I was wondering if it was the Yellow or a NON-SC Black Label. My cars original sticker was for the Non-SC Black Label. It was upgraded to the SSC and I was told it would be registeredd as such in the registry.
Old 05-30-2013
Administrator

I wondered to John. The poster did send a PM with a detailed description of this vehicle. It appears to be White Label produced on a high option GT chassis.

I think your Black Label coupe will be interesting as the years pass since it will be one of a few SMS Mustangs correctly updated.
Old 05-30-2013

Thanks for all the info Fellas.

I'll make them an offer on the car tomorrow. I made an offer on a SA15 last night and have to wait to hear back on it first. It's a long shot but one can always hope...
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

No price on the car? Can;t they send you a copy of the Saleen invoice? Mine was sent to me as a PDF.
Old 05-30-2013

There's a price on it. That's not the problem. I'm just trying to see if they have it listed for what its worth or if they are high or even low. Kinda hard to figure out when no one knows what its worth...
Old 05-30-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted 05 View Post
Kinda hard to figure out when no one knows what its worth...
In the olden days the equation was: Market value for the used Mustang chassis + full cost of the Saleen conversion.
Old 05-30-2013

So whatever NADA says a 2011 GT is worth with same mileage then add $6000 for the white label SMS package?
Old 05-30-2013
Administrator

Quote:
So whatever NADA says a 2011 GT is worth with same mileage then add $6000 for the white label SMS package?
You are correct.
Old 05-31-2013
SOEC Member

I have not seen another SMS since I bought mine a year this month. Went to a ocean city Maryland show and most people didn't have a clue what a SMS car was. lol
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2013

That car is gorgeous. This one isn't near a pretty.
Old 05-31-2013
SOEC Member

Thanks. I hope you meant mine was georgous.
Old 06-02-2013
SOEC Member

It is so weird, there must not be alot of these cars. I had some kid take a look at my 01 Sc this weekend. He wanted to buy it. He didn't know what a Saleen was, he just liked the car. I opened the garage and showed him the SMS, he thought it was awesome... although he wasn't thrilled about price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS#24Stang View Post
I have not seen another SMS since I bought mine a year this month. Went to a ocean city Maryland show and most people didn't have a clue what a SMS car was. lol
Old 06-02-2013
SOEC Member

yep. Most people don't have a clue what SMS is.............
Old 06-25-2013

Quote:
Okay, heres the deal. I found a 2011 302 SMS Mustang for sale and have been trying to find out all I can about the car before I buy. I haven't found squat. I'd like to know production numbers, options, etc. Can't even find out what the car is worth. Not even a ballpark figure. Who can help? Anyone? Dash plaque is yellow and says 11-031. Car looks pretty plain jane and is non-sc. Please let me know what you know. Thanks Fellas!
Howdy! I bought the car and it will be here today!! It has basic white label stuff. 440 HP some emblems, spoiler but not the body kit or wheels or brakes. I will do that maybe if I get a nice bonus check one day but for now super stooked about it. I will write a better post with pics later this week.

MArk
Old 06-25-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo DUDE View Post
Howdy! I bought the car and it will be here today!! It has basic white label stuff. 440 HP some emblems, spoiler but not the body kit or wheels or brakes. I will do that maybe if I get a nice bonus check one day but for now super stooked about it. I will write a better post with pics later this week.
Enjoy your new car Mark!
Old 06-25-2013
SOEC Member

Grats! Post some pics.
Old 06-25-2013

Thank you! I will post up a nice write up later in the week!
Attached Thumbnails
12.JPG  

Attached Images

Old 06-25-2013
SOEC Member

Sweety! A white, White Label. Anyone have a yellow, Yellow Label? We can put are three cars in a pic together...lol
Old 06-25-2013

Hi Dave:

You seem to know your stuff on these cars. It is 11 of 31 white label with bare bones but still cool and still a saleen! The engine mods to get to 440HP sounds like head work CAI of some kind and a tuner. Anything else like pulleys etc...? Also the work order shows dual exhaust with High performance mufflers. How far back did they go? Axle or CAT back? The car does seem to sit lower then the silly 4X4 stock but it is the S1 (starter kit) so springs, bushings and links? I wonder if it is lowered with a panhard thingy or what all that suspension upgrade entails. They seem to be minimalists when it comes to the info on the SMS sticker. Maybe because that is all it has :) So any light you can shed would be great thank YOU.

ps: Niche M137 Milan's are in the garage 20 x 10 1/2 backs with 285/30/20 and 20 x 8 1/2 with 255/35/20 fronts. Should help those "Plain Jane" stockers!
Old 06-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Sweety! A white, White Label. Anyone have a yellow, Yellow Label? We can put are three cars in a pic together...lol
My baby is not ready for her dabeu just yet :) Need some new slippers on her and TLC after a long carriage ride from Utah to Michigan.

It has NAV with a 6 speed manual 3:73 LSD out back. Should go pretty good only 15,000 miles on her.
Old 06-25-2013

Here are the rims she will be getting tomorrow!

Putting Continental extreme contact DWS on her.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2013
SOEC Member

Nice wheels... I don't believe there is any head work done to engine as far as I know you get a high flow airfilter - reusable, a recalibration of the engine, and a higher flowing exhaust system - mine has Gibson mufflers on it and its loud, especially on cold start up.
Old 06-25-2013

I think it is all just the tune with cat back exhaust. I just got it off the carrier and the exhaust from the cats back is JUST like the BOSS302 so I bet it is similar tuning to that. So far she is a honey!!
Old 06-26-2013
Administrator

Quote:
...higher flowing exhaust system - mine has Gibson mufflers on it and its loud, especially on cold start up.
This might be another running change. For some reason I want to say the 2010 460 and the early 2011 302 had exhaust by JBA .
Old 06-26-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Dave:

You seem to know your stuff on these cars. It is 11 of 31 white label with bare bones but still cool and still a saleen! The engine mods to get to 440HP sounds like head work CAI of some kind and a tuner. Anything else like pulleys etc...? Also the work order shows dual exhaust with High performance mufflers. How far back did they go? Axle or CAT back? The car does seem to sit lower then the silly 4X4 stock but it is the S1 (starter kit) so springs, bushings and links? I wonder if it is lowered with a panhard thingy or what all that suspension upgrade entails. They seem to be minimalists when it comes to the info on the SMS sticker. Maybe because that is all it has :) So any light you can shed would be great thank YOU.
Hi Mark. I believe you and John are correct with your statements regarding the White Label model.

The power increase was achieved by an air filter, a premium fuel tune, 39lb fuel injectors (maybe) and cat-back exhaust.

The suspension consisted of "S4" springs (these may be silver in color), upgrade bushings, and sway bar end links.

Sometimes, the Saleen rear wing was mentioned as an option. Recently it was listed as a "delete" option. I have not seen a White Label without a wing. I might be mistaken, but I believe I have seen one White Label with an OE Ford rear wing.

The aftermarket parts department sold "cat-back" exhaust systems from the 2011 model run. I would "guess" the White Label ran the same systems as the upper models.

I would not expect an upgrade panhard bar.

The appearance upgrades are the front grill, rear taillight panel, rear spoiler, front and rear emblems, fender emblems, windshield banner and championship wreath.

Interior upgrades are the center horn logo emblem, 302 floor mats and shift knob. The early White Label cars do not feature the logoed headrest.

The White Label was a low cost Boss 302 alternative. The package was announced as a 2012 addition, but as you know these were produced on 2011 Mustangs as well. In 2012 and 2013 it appears the White Label package had a tendency to find their way onto very bare-bones Mustang GTs.

As you may know. Your Mustang GT is not bare-bones with regards to the equipment from Ford.

If you're looking for upgrades. Consider shopping for remaining overstock of the Saleen/Stoptech 14" rotors and 4-piston calipers.

When you fall into play money and if you bond with your car... I would consider the complete Black Label exterior styling kit.
Old 06-26-2013
SOEC Member

Here is what the mods are on my car. The ford dealership added the whipple blower.
Attached Thumbnails
smsspec.jpg  

Old 06-26-2013

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the interest/help. I have some pictures of interest. First the "build sheet" from SMS states I have 440HP with 420TQ vs. 400 tq on most others??? I do have 3:73 LSD with MT82 trans, so could that make a difference? Also my dash badge states 11/31 so it is the 11th car out of 31 in that series? Right? BUT...my front bumper No. is 31?? The engine placard is 11-031 Mfr Date 3/11 VIN B5156234 which matches the bill of sale. I wonder if I should have an 11 vs. 31 on my front bumper? Any thoughts?
Old 06-26-2013

Here are the pics. Also how do i get to 440HP without the pulleys, 39LBS injectors etc...? Maybe it was an early build March 2011 so things were getting ironed out? seems like my build sheet is light on details or maybe the guy ordered the car and then shipped it after the fact to SMS vs. the Ford store buying it from SMS as inventory?
Attached Thumbnails
SMS 2011 019.JPG  

SMS 2011 025.JPG  

SMS 2011 029.JPG  

Old 06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS#24Stang View Post
Here is what the mods are on my car. The ford dealership added the whipple blower.

Hello:

I wonder my build sheet says 2011-031 where maybe it should read 2011-011? Is your car number 24 out of some other number? What is on your front bumper and on the other badges?

MArk
Old 06-26-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Also my dash badge states 11/31 so it is the 11th car out of 31 in that series? Right?
The "11" represents the model year. IE: 2011

The "31" is the production number for the car. IE: Car number 31.

Together, you have car number 31 for the 2011 model year.

Quote:
The engine placard is 11-031 Mfr Date 3/11 VIN B5156234 which matches the bill of sale.
Your serialization tag states the vehicle was produced March 2011. Keep in mind Ford Motor Company was producing 2012 Mustangs when your 2011 was converted by SMS/Saleen

Quote:
I wonder if I should have an 11 vs. 31 on my front bumper? Any thoughts?
Your bumper serialization number is correct @ 31.

I do not believe the White Label, Yellow Label, or Black Label were different lines in 2011. They share the same batch of numbers.

Since you have a March build date and logo headrests, I would say you have a "later" 2011 White Label model.
Old 06-26-2013
Administrator

Quote:
seems like my build sheet is light on details or maybe the guy ordered the car and then shipped it after the fact to SMS vs. the Ford store buying it from SMS as inventory?
Since your chassis is a factory wing delete car with the optional 3.73:1 gears from Ford, it is promicing that your 2011 Mustang GT was ordered to become an SMS/Saleen vehicle.

Quote:
I wonder my build sheet says 2011-031 where maybe it should read 2011-011? Is your car number 24 out of some other number? What is on your front bumper and on the other badges?
John's car is #24 for the 2011 model year.

Saleen skips numbers and builds vehicles out of order. The serial number is more of an identity to a particular vehicle than an indication of production build quantity.
Old 06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Since your chassis is a factory wing delete car with the optional 3.73:1 gears from Ford, it is promicing that your 2011 Mustang GT was ordered to become an SMS/Saleen vehicle.

Saleen skips numbers and builds vehicles out of order. The serial number is more of an identity to a particular vehicle than an indication of production build quantity.

Thank you sir! Perfect explanation and what was throwing me was the 11 i did not assume that to be the year rather the car number our of 31. All good love the beast!! Do you know how many white label 2011's they did make? Or is there a place to look that up?

Thank you very much for clearing that up and easing my mind.

Mark
Old 06-26-2013
SOEC Member

Not sure about the numbering of the cars, but I am not saying you are wrong...lol. I got the impression from Bill that there could be an 11-032 whitle label, an 11-032 Yellow label and an 11-032 Black label. He also stated that he is working on changing that. It would be nice to know for sure. I have not received my LOA as yet, so I can't swear to anything. I have compiled a small list of cars I have seen online, but I do not believe that I have ran into duplicate numbers as yet.

I should get kazoo dude's and John's full name for my list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Old 06-26-2013

Interesting that you possibly could have 3 (white Yellow Black) #XX of the same year. Could be pretty confusing since the colors are not indicated anywhere on the car.

Oh Well!

Now, how can my car be 440HP without stating it has the pulleys and injectors? And apparently I get 20 more foot pound of torque for not having them :) I don't know it is not terribly important but if you list every little thing you did to one car it should follow all the way through your "CUSTOM TUNE"! they all cannot be 440 HP with varying degrees of upgrades?
Old 06-26-2013
SOEC Member

I can't say for sure on the pullies as it would be fairly evident that your car had them as they would have Saleen stamped on them. Usually the SC cars don't have them. It is possible that Saleen wanted to mount under drive pullies and changed their mind at some point and the earlier window stickers had not been updated to reflect this. I have not recieved my updated window sticker yet, but, from the earlier version that I have, my car never listed the pullies. From what I understand, with the minor mods these cars have, larger injectors are not needed.

Quote:
Interesting that you possibly could have 3 (white Yellow Black) #XX of the same year. Could be pretty confusing since the colors are not indicated anywhere on the car.

Oh Well!

Now, how can my car be 440HP without stating it has the pulleys and injectors? And apparently I get 20 more foot pound of torque for not having them :) I don't know it is not terribly important but if you list every little thing you did to one car it should follow all the way through your "CUSTOM TUNE"! they all cannot be 440 HP with varying degrees of upgrades?
Old 06-26-2013

Well, actually they might have SMS not Saleen since during that time frame SM was separate from Saleen. But back to the point, you have the under drive pulllies listed on your build sheet but yet we have the same HP and I have more torque! Not likely. Now, I am new at this brand so maybe they call it the 440 HP as in ball park +/- depending on the injectors or pullies or both? Just asking for any explanations is all.

The car is awesome. Took it out a bit last night and had a hard time spinning the tires without hitting 5,000RPM. So, I went home and checked around and the K & N filter (actually stamped K & N) was packed with all types of nasty dirt/bark mulch you name it. So I recharged it and will drive it tonight to see if that helped because if it does not, I might have to keep modding it. I was expecting scary fast and I am not yet :)
Old 06-26-2013

OOPS I got you confused with #24 who posted his full on black label. I would love to here the explanation for this and I am sure it is no this forum! Chime in SMS owners?
Old 06-26-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Not sure about the numbering of the cars, but I am not saying you are wrong...lol. I got the impression from Bill that there could be an 11-032 whitle label, an 11-032 Yellow label and an 11-032 Black label. He also stated that he is working on changing that. It would be nice to know for sure. I have not received my LOA as yet, so I can't swear to anything. I have compiled a small list of cars I have seen online, but I do not believe that I have ran into duplicate numbers as yet.
You may be correct John. For some reason I do want to say 2011 had the different Label cars within the same sequence. I could be wrong and I will apologize.

Quote:
At some point the dash serialization plate reflects if the car is a White, Yellow or Black Label. The production files should state this as well.
Old 06-26-2013
SOEC Member

This is what I think. When a SMS car was built at the factory the parts on hand were used. I was also told that the car numbers don't run in sequence. (example) My SMS is #24. the next car built was probably #30 or whatever.

We all know that not many SMS cars were built because let's face it who could afford them for that price.

When I was a Carlisle I wanted to ask production numbers and was told that I would never know or find out.

It would be nice to know how many 2011 SMS cars were built. It's a simple question if you ask me.
Old 06-26-2013
Account with Invalid Email

Kazoo is that 440 you are quoting base HP or rear Wheel HP, remember you lose roughly 14-15 % from drivetrain
13 Boss Laguna Seca #738
05 s281 #1401~ Sold
Old 06-27-2013

Default New wheels

Okay she is ready for a few pics. Got the rims and tires on last night and the skies opened up so the fog is not helping the pics so more to come.

:)
Attached Thumbnails
new rims 001.JPG  

new rims 014.JPG  

new rims 011.JPG  

new rims 008.JPG  

new rims 016.JPG  

Old 06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char259 View Post
Kazoo is that 440 you are quoting base HP or rear Wheel HP, remember you lose roughly 14-15 % from drivetrain

It is based on SMS stated fly wheel numbers not rear wheels. I think 390HP at the wheels like the boss 302 puts down.
Old 06-27-2013
Account with Invalid Email

Looks clean and like the rims too
13 Boss Laguna Seca #738
05 s281 #1401~ Sold
Old 06-27-2013
SOEC Member

Those rims are outstanding! Very nice car Kazoo
Old 06-27-2013
SOEC Member

The wheels look very nice. Saleen has promised me a LOA. Hopefully that will get us some nymbers, at least for the Black Labels. John, who did you talk to at Carslile?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-27-2013
SOEC Member

I like it. Time to modify. :)