The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-03-2017
Registered Users (Inactive)

Default Q: Caster camber plates?

This may be a dumb question that I may be overthinking but I was looking for cc plates and found some maximum motorsports that stated "for bilstien struts". And the standard "gt" units said would not fit 03-04 cobra which if iirc came with bilstien style struts. I know our cars came with racecraft struts made by bilstien, but not sure if it the same dimensions as a gt strut. So do i get standard gt style cc plates or plates for bilstiens? Thanks for any input.

-Tony

Option A:
https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMCC0304/200...er-Camber-Plat

Option B:
https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMCC9994/94-...-Camber-Plates
Old 05-03-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default CC plates

I'd go with option A. However if I am making the purchase I would give MM a call and order directly as they would definitely know for sure. Let us know how this works out as I am interested as well.
Old 05-04-2017

I saw this as well the other day looking at cc plates on lmr. Not ready to buy yet but will call when the day comes.
Old 05-06-2017

From looking at MM's site, they mention OEM bilsteins a couple times. I don't know if original ford bilsteins are the same or not as aftermarket ones.

Regardless, they are the same price from MM as they are from LMR. So when you need to order, just call MM and get them from there. When prices are the same or close, I always choose to get the parts directly from the manufacturer, this way there is no he said, she said from the middle man.

The MM guys are pretty much the most knowledgeable in the mustang handling suspension business. I'm sure any questions can be easily handled on the phone.
Sold xp8 2000 #30, all options including alcons