The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2014 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2014 Saleen Mustang For the SN10 platform California-built 2010 SMS 460 and 460X, the 2011-12 SMS 302, and 2013-14 Saleen 4V, SC, SSC and 351.
All Label cars (White Yellow, Black). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-11-2014
SOEC Member

Default 14-0013 White Label Now Supercharged

Just wanted to update the club on my progress with my Vortech supercharger install. I finished the install yesterday and started it up for the first time. Thank God there were no leaks or problems! It took me about 20 hours to install. I didn't really run into any problems as it was a very straight forward process. The instructions from Vortech were really good. I would suggest that you have some mechanical skills before you tackle a project like this.

I ordered the kit from Beefcake Racing out of Illinois. The price was great and I didn't have to pay CA tax or shipping. Terry was fantastic to deal with and has a lot of knowledge on force induction cars. The kit came with ID1000 fuel injectors, Vortech Boost a Pump, and remote tune session with John Lund Racing. I'm in the initial stages of the tuning process with them right now. I first had to send them an idle and RPM data log. Lund has already sent me another flash tune so that I can log a street drive without making boost. I'll send the data log to them on Saturday. After that, Lund will have me do some 4th gear pulls. I'll let everyone know how it turns out in the end.

Here are a couple of videos and I will have some follow on photos.

Old 06-11-2014
SOEC Member

I will upload better pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0717.jpg  

IMAG0716.jpg  

IMAG0715.jpg  

Last edited by JasonsSaleen; 06-12-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2014
SOEC Member

Looks sweet Jason! Kudos! So, in the end, were any bumper clearance mods required?
Old 06-14-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Looks sweet Jason! Kudos! So, in the end, were any bumper clearance mods required?
Thanks! I didn't have to cut the bumper cover at all. I was really surprised.
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Looking Good Jason!
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone View Post
Looking Good Jason!
Thanks Jim! We definately need to hang out again.
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Sounds good, how is the Tuning going?
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Sounds good, how is the Tuning going?
I have a tune revision hanging out in my inbox. I can't load the new tune, which should be the last, until I get back from 29 palms on Friday. It's running really good right now, so the new tweak should be a lot better.
Old 06-17-2014
SOEC Member

Nice, will have to find a local Dyno and see what kind of power you are making now!
Old 06-17-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Nice, will have to find a local Dyno and see what kind of power you are making now!
Cars equipped with the same mods are putting down 580-620 rwhp depending on the dyno. I'm in no rush to get dyno numbers, but if I do I'll post the dyno sheet and what kind of dyno was used. I know that I will have to replace the clutch and flywheel soon enough! Ha Ha! I already inherited a DSS driveshaft from a buddy, so that will go in with the clutch. I'll be installing a Mcleod RXT and steel flywheel probably in the next couple of months. I've got to wait awhile since the wife is still ****ed about the supercharger purchase. Lol.

Last edited by JasonsSaleen; 06-18-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2014
SOEC Member

I have that wife issue also lol!
Old 09-11-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Do you plan on changing your rear end with the 7.5-8/5 lbs of PSI? I also have a white label(#19) desperately looking to be Super/Turbo charged. I religiously read "Item Description" to see what really best fits my needs and wants.
Also, one last thing...
What mods have you added on? With each of those mods, what are some of your opinions on each build? Any regrets on building certain items now instead of later? Just curious on how people build... Reading purposes only. Any information will be helpful.

The black finish looks pretty good with that engine.
Old 09-11-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motu360 View Post
Do you plan on changing your rear end with the 7.5-8/5 lbs of PSI? I also have a white label(#19) desperately looking to be Super/Turbo charged. I religiously read "Item Description" to see what really best fits my needs and wants.
Also, one last thing...
What mods have you added on? With each of those mods, what are some of your opinions on each build? Any regrets on building certain items now instead of later? Just curious on how people build... Reading purposes only. Any information will be helpful.

The black finish looks pretty good with that engine.
Changing the diff and axles may come later, but I'll change the clutch and flywheel first. I started with suspension and every part has been an upgrade with know regrets. Just do your research and ensure each part fits your wants and needs.

I really like the vortech supercharger system. It is suddle at low rpm's and goes into beast mode above 4500 rpm. You can find my mod list in my signature.
Old 09-14-2014
SOEC Member

Jason, I don't see your sig man.... love your car though. You going to the Saleen show here next weekend?
Old 09-17-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Jason, I don't see your sig man.... love your car though. You going to the Saleen show here next weekend?
I didn't have a sig. I thought that I did. Must have been another forum. I'm registered for the event however I may have to work. I hope to see you there.
2014 Saleen White Label 14-0013-Vortech V3 Supercharger,ID1000 fuel injectors,Vortech BAP, Flowmaster exhaust with quad tips,Barton short shifter and two post bracket,Koni sport shocks and struts,Drive Shaft Shop 1 piece aluminum DS, BMR lower and upper control arms, BMR control arm relocation brackets,BMR panhard rod and support brace,Speed of Sound gauge pod, Aeroforce gauge,Cobalt boost gauge, GT500 Brembo brake kit,GT500 rear valance,Stillen chin spoiler,CS/GT fog lights with LED bulbs.