The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2014 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2014 Saleen Mustang For the SN10 platform California-built 2010 SMS 460 and 460X, the 2011-12 SMS 302, and 2013-14 Saleen 4V, SC, SSC and 351.
All Label cars (White Yellow, Black). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-25-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question Q: 2011 302 Yellow label?

I'm very confused. I found this Saleen, link down bellow, that is claiming to be the 1 of 1 yellow label created in 2011. It has a placard and everything but is not signed by Steve. According to production lists there was only one supercharged yellow label created in 2011. According to previous posts the 11-0018 was a white N/A model. This placard has 11-018 and the car is red. The car even looks different, but everything looks legit. Is this one of the SMS mustangs that Saleen did not approve?

https://www.gtautolounge.com/vehicle...a2886960f42d8f
Old 04-25-2018
Administrator

Hi. When SMS Supercars created the White, Yellow, Black Label models... each series had their own numbering. Meaning: You can have an #01 WL, an #01 YL, and #01 BL. So, you can have multiple cars with the same basic serial number during a model year for a given series.
Old 04-25-2018
SOEC Member

I know its confusing but the designation 11-18 can be used up to three times by label. One white, one yellow, and one black. Hope that kelps!
Old 04-25-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

This does help! Thank you! But let's make this even more confusing. What about this Saleen that just recently sold also claiming to be the 1 of 1 yellow label in 2011. This one looks more legit, but the window sticker doesn't show supercharged. Here's the link.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...e1524645803759
Old 04-25-2018
SOEC Member

I believe the 440 HP indicates it has the SC. Stock mustang GT in 2011 wa around 412+/- if I recall.
Old 04-25-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

But the first Saleen I posted does actually say super charged. The yellow label is supposed to be supercharged from sms. I just want to figure out which one is actually the one of one, or if somehow they both are. But the Ruby red one looks more legit, but doesn't show supercharged.
Old 04-26-2018
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmustang97 View Post
But the first Saleen I posted does actually say super charged. The yellow label is supposed to be supercharged from sms. I just want to figure out which one is actually the one of one, or if somehow they both are. But the Ruby red one looks more legit, but doesn't show supercharged.
The first Saleen Mustang posted (Bright Red) is a Yellow Label.

The second Saleen Mustang posted (Dark Red) is a Black Label.

"Label" model series/marketing was introduced late during the 2011 model production. When the Candy Red (Dark Red) car was produced... "Labels" did not exist. Most every SMS car was a "Black Label" for 2010 and 2011.

The for sale ad is incorrect for the Candy Red (Dark Red) car. It is what we now know as a "Black Label," it is not a Yellow Label.

Superchargers for 2011 SMS Mustangs were a late addition, most 2011 SMS Mustangs did not ship with superchargers.

As for Saleen/SMS vehicles in general. There are allot of "1 of 1" vehicles produced. Having one of one is almost meaningless. Buy a vehicle you like, buying for 1 of 1 status... to be honest... is dumb.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

This was an extremely helpful answer. The status of it being a real Saleen mean a lot to me. I want a Saleen that isn't "fake". Also my bank and insurance company will give me more value in the car if it's a real Saleen.