The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-04-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Please Help: Lost wheel center cap

Guys, I'm new here. I bought my Saleen back in the winter. I finally got it out of the garage and onto the road and what do you know, after 28 long years I lost a center cap. Can anyone help me locate a replacement or would anyone happen to have one laying around? Please help!
Old 04-04-2016
Administrator

What model year of Saleen Mustang and which style of wheel?
Old 04-04-2016

Dave, thank you for the quick reply. The center cap is off a 1989 Saleen and they are American Racing 5 Spoke. I've attached a picture.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdy911 View Post
Dave, thank you for the quick reply. The center cap is off a 1989 Saleen and they are American Racing 5 Spoke. I've attached a picture.
Contact forum user perauto.

Also, check your remaining caps to see how tight they are.
Old 04-04-2016

I will do that. I took the three remaining off for safe keeping. The car is immaculant. They'll just be going on for car shows now. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-04-2016

Dave, I sent him a message. I was not able to forward him a photo. Is the anyway to tag him on here so he can see the attached photo?
Old 04-05-2016

Got the message but Saleen will not longer allow us to sell Saleen parts ,so I cant help you. Used caps show up on Ebay sometimes.
Old 04-05-2016
Inactive Account

Ben Moura had some for sale PM me if you want his contact info.
Old 04-14-2016

Default Help: Center cap guidance - 5-spoke ARE

Guys,
I got my hopes up because I found a set of four center caps for my vehicle. Once they shipped and I got them, my hopes were quickly shattered. They are off of a 86-87 Saleen. They do not fit, so my search continues. Anyone with any ideas as to where to locate a 1989 Saleen Mustang ARE 5 spoke center cap please help.
Furthermore,
I know these wheels can be very expensive to replace. I'm thinking about buying another set of rims just to drive around on. That way I could leave my stock OEM rims in the garage and drive around on the spare. Is this common practice amongst the community or no?
With the difficulty in parts, I'm half tempted to sell this car and look for another toy.
Old 04-14-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

So what center caps did you actually get??
Tan interior
Old 04-14-2016

They're plain black. They just are for earlier years so they won't work.
Old 05-26-2016

Default Still looking..please help!

Guys, still in search of a center cap for a 1989 Saleen Mustang. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them anywhere. I know somebody has got have some that can help me. I can't hardly believe guys just roll around without center caps on these cars.

If I can't find a center cap, my next step is rim replacement. I've already wasted my effort and money on wheels that wouldn't fit due to the offset. The rear stuck out too far and the front wouldn't clear the hub assembly.

Is anyone rocking and aftermarket rim/tire combo that they would care to pass along?

Thanks, in advance.
Old 05-26-2016
SOEC Member

I feel for you......
Hopefully saleen remakes...Mark was a godsend in the past.....
Maybe???
http://www.centercapsdirect.com/89-8...ap_p_8015.html
If you have 3 if there original maybe search part # on back of caps american racing etc. post want ad's on here and other saleen forums and if all else fails 3-d printer technology

Saleen Alcons,Dart Block 347,G Force T-5,Vortech T-trim,Glenns performance fuel system,Snow performance stage 3 methanol kit Etc...
Old 05-26-2016

It appears that website has what I need but they're out of stock. Who knows when they'll come back in. I'm not sure if that's the exact one or not but it's very close.

I wouldn't even know where to start on the 3D printer. I don't know who to contact or anything.

Check the forums. Nothing there that isn't already sold. I continually check eBay too. I lost on one by $1 because I was at work!
Old 07-14-2016
SOEC Member

Not mine....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1989-1990-...ZXhsFe&vxp=mtr

Saleen Alcons,Dart Block 347,G Force T-5,Vortech T-trim,Glenns performance fuel system,Snow performance stage 3 methanol kit Etc...
Old 07-14-2016

Thank you so much for the hyperlink. I was able to buy it now. It appears it should fit perfectly but I'll keep you updated. I have a few questions regarding your build. Do you have a personal email I can send a few questions to?
Thank you again for your help!
Old 07-31-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

I just lost one too. Any leads? I am looking into having some 3D printed...we'll see.

seems like a few years ago...these were a dime a dozen on ebay?
Old 08-01-2016

I found one, ARE center cap. Not "officially" a Saleen center cap but it'll do. I just have to have the new decal made. One of the tabs was broken off too and I still paid $45 😁

eBay seems to be the go to place. Let me know if you end up having some 3D printed. Might be cheaper for us to go in together and buy 8 rather than a single set of 4.