The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 11-20-2013
Administrator

Default 25 Years of Saleen Anniversary vehicles

by SOEC Staff
images copyright Brad Bowling, Drew Phillips & Saleen Automotive

Corona, CA - November 19, 2013

With 2013 coming to a close, we pause to cast our collective gaze upon the Saleen Anniversary vehicles from the past twenty-five years.

Tell us about your favorite model and share your memories after viewing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1988 SA-5

Power Rating: 300HP (est.)

Production:
1 (or 2) units unavailable to the public
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1989 SSC

Power Rating: 300HP (est.)

Production:

1993 SA-10

Power Rating: 325HP base - 450HP (est.)

Production:
9 - Initial right-to-purchase given to current SOEC members

1998 SA-15

Power Rating: 320HP (est.)

Production:
10 - Initial right-to-purchase given to current SOEC members

2003 SA-20

Power Rating: 375HP

Production:
8 (estimated) - Initial right-to-purchase given to current SOEC members

2008 SA-25

Power Rating: 720HP (est.)

Production:
3 units unavailable to the public

2008 S302 Sterling Edition

Power Rating: 620HP (est.)

Production:
25 consumer units
Old 11-20-2013
SOEC Member

I always loved the SSC and I was tempted to buy the black one when it was for sale at PAS. Then I was on the list for an SA-10, but do to some odd circumastances, I had to pull my deposit. Either one of those would be awesome. I hope the next Anniversary car is more like the SA10 where you can choose your own options. BTW - got any pictures of that lightblade that was on Steve's 25th annivesary car? Whatever happened to those assemblies? I thought they were going produce those on a larger scale.
Old 11-20-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Then I was on the list for an SA-10, but do to some odd circumastances, I had to pull my deposit.
Do you know which SA10 was to be yours? Did Saleen Performance assign you a number at any point? As you know... number 04 was not produced.
Old 11-20-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Cool thread !
Old 11-20-2013
Administrator

Old 11-20-2013
Administrator

Quote:
BTW - got any pictures of that lightblade that was on Steve's 25th anniversary car? Whatever happened to those assemblies? I thought they were going produce those on a larger scale.
The LED Lightblade assembly was terribly expensive. It was a concept from one of the original 2005 Saleen Mustang designs. The Chromosome car was the only vehicle to hold this feature.

Old 11-21-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums News View Post
I like the black one.
Old 11-21-2013
SOEC Member

Well I love my 2008 Sterling, and the fact I was not looking to buy more Saleen´s when I bought it. I was just looking for parts for my 2006 Saleen, when I saw the Sterling on the Saleen web-page, and there was no turning back. Great car and I love to drive it in the summertime.
Saleen Sterling #15 10.847@132 MPH,
Saleen 2006 #1116 10.22@133 MPH
1966 Mustang Coupe

Reykjavik Iceland
Old 11-21-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Do you know which SA10 was to be yours? Did Saleen Performance assign you a number at any point? As you know... number 04 was not produced.
That was probably my car. I don't remember for sure. But I bailed late and was told that the car might not get built when I talked to Steve about it.
Old 11-21-2013
Administrator

Quote:
That was probably my car. I don't remember for sure. But I bailed late and was told that the car might not get built when I talked to Steve about it.
Forum member "Goodson" may have your 1993 chassis.
Old 11-21-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Forum member "Goodson" may have your 1993 chassis.
This is going to be a small world if that is the case
Old 11-21-2013
SOEC Member

Yeah I heard someone was trying to make it an SA10 clone. I would love to have that car now...lol
Old 11-21-2013
Inactive Account

Look on my signature to see SA10 04, also got a sneak peak and the cars look good.
Old 11-21-2013
Administrator

The SA-30 Mustang

View all the SA-30 models and press release below:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16460

Last edited by Saleen Forums News; 11-21-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Link
Old 11-21-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Sterling#15 View Post
Well I love my 2008 Sterling, and the fact I was not looking to buy more Saleen´s when I bought it. I was just looking for parts for my 2006 Saleen, when I saw the Sterling on the Saleen web-page, and there was no turning back. Great car and I love to drive it in the summertime.
The Sterling featured a sophisticated paint scheme and a really cool wheel design / manufacturing process. Hilmar, it is easy to see why you where sold.

(ps: This was a very expense parts purchase.)
Old 11-21-2013
SOEC Member

Dodge took this idea and ran with it on the Charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums News View Post
The LED Lightblade assembly was terribly expensive. It was a concept from one of the original 2005 Saleen Mustang designs. The Chromosome car was the only vehicle to hold this feature.

Old 11-23-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Yeah I heard someone was trying to make it an SA10 clone. I would love to have that car now...lol
I'm building the car out as if I ordered it with the options I would have chosen from the catalog. It is very likely it is your car that I have. Liz mentioned a car being wrecked that the owner was going to sell in order to finance the SA10 build. That's what she remembered. They tried to sell it to a couple of others after the order was cancelled but no one wanted it. The new S351 was the hot ticket at the time. So Chino Hills Ford sold it off as an LX 5.0 around March of 1994. Joe completed two more of the SA10's after March. If this was destined to be your car, which is likely, it is a small world.
SA10 #4 Chassis
www.puristmotorsports.com
Old 11-24-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodson View Post
I'm building the car out as if I ordered it with the options I would have chosen from the catalog. It is very likely it is your car that I have. Liz mentioned a car being wrecked that the owner was going to sell in order to finance the SA10 build. That's what she remembered. They tried to sell it to a couple of others after the order was cancelled but no one wanted it. The new S351 was the hot ticket at the time. So Chino Hills Ford sold it off as an LX 5.0 around March of 1994. Joe completed two more of the SA10's after March. If this was destined to be your car, which is likely, it is a small world.
That was me. Also, the wife, at the time, had some medical issues as well. It was ahard decision for me to make. I remember Steve calling me at work to talk about it. Glad to hear it is finally getting built. It is funny as I was speaking to my current wife, about two years agom and was thinking of trrying to track down that chassis...lol Good luck and I can't wait to see it finished. Nice you got that hood!