The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Detailing Interior & Exterior Car Care discussions sponsored by Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners.

Old 05-31-2011
SOEC Member

Default Exterior Molding and Rubber parts?

What should I use to keep these pieces Dark Black and Shiney ?
Old 05-31-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Mothers makes a great product called back in black, it puts a protective coat on it while making it shine. Do not use armor all, it pulls the moisture out of these pieces and will damage them over time.

Back in black is like a thick fluid that is wipe on for trim pieces and engine compartment items, but they also back a Back in Black spray now that is for tires but works great on hard to clean areas like honeycomb grills where putting a gel on his highly annoying.
Old 05-31-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Mothers makes a great product called back in black, it puts a protective coat on it while making it shine. Do not use armor all, it pulls the moisture out of these pieces and will damage them over time.

Back in black is like a thick fluid that is wipe on for trim pieces and engine compartment items, but they also back a Back in Black spray now that is for tires but works great on hard to clean areas like honeycomb grills where putting a gel on his highly annoying.
Do you know if someone makes a product that, protects, but does not shine a great deal. For example I'd like to have my tires shine, but my sports bar I don't want it to shine but have a nice protection on it, same with my rubber trim around the base of the convertable top.

07-55 SC Speedster;
1 of 1. Even with the mode that follow it's still 1 of 1.
3.4 Pulley, Saleen Extream CAI, VI.5 Lid ported, Tune, 62mm FR Throttle Body, Upgrade Chrome 5 spoke wheels, Max Diff 3.73 gear, Rockford punch, Rear bumper inlays (black chrome), Speedster, HID Lights, Saleen Duel Fuel Pumps, MoSaleen Idler, blackout side markers.

1968 GT Convertible Diamond Blue C-Code Concourse. Sold
00-372 - Triple black Conv. Soft Speedster cover. - sold
Old 05-31-2011
SOEC Member

I use Poorboy's Bold 'n' Brite for tires and wheel wells. It's got a natural finish that isn't glossy and fake looking. Doesn't sling it all over the car either. I use the back n black for other exterior trim pieces and it works awesome! I use a Meguires spray for the honeycomb and hard to reach areas.
Old 05-31-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Mother's has a protectant that will give it a shine for a short time when first applied but then wears off. It is for interior parts like your dash, and would work perfect on the light bar if you are looking for that effect.

And Seelye76, I used to do the same thing but the new spray back in black is awesome!
Old 05-31-2011
Administrator

Mothers has a new VLR Vinyl-Leather-Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner that is more of a matte finish that would be nice for the light bar. O'Reilly has it or you can get it online.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-31-2011
SOEC Member

I use 303 Aerospace protectant on exterior vinyl like decals. Great stuff, although not sure if it will achieve the effect you're looking for...

http://www.303-products.com/shop303/...protectant.cfm

Chris.
1968 GT500KR #03655 "Shelby"
1990 Ford F250 4x4 7.3l IDI "Betty"
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3l "Lara"
2005 BMW F650GS "The Wasp"
2008 MINI Cooper S "Lola"
2008 Saleen S302E #11 "SallyX"