The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2017
4pt_sik 4pt_sik is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 4
Default Q: Series VI SC at 10 psi?

I had bought a gen VI SC(Just the supercharger) from a local dealership and pieced together the rest of the kit and got it running and driving. Tuned for the 5 psi (i think) factory pulley. Been keeping an eye on everything to ensure there are no issues with the frakenkit i had assembled. 2k miles later and car drives great with no issues whatsoever.

HOWEVER, i had planned to up the boost from the beginning, but wanted to be sure the SC would work first. Now that i am confident everything works, i'm looking to bump the boost up to 7-8 with a 3.6 pulley, or 9-10 with a 3.4 pulley (according to VMP's website). With that in mind, is anyone else running 10 psi with a gen VI SC and stock internals?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2017
tbar's Avatar
tbar tbar is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 565
Default

I’ve been using the 3.4 pulley for years without issue. No matter which pulley you use there’s always a chance it’ll blow up. Make sure you’ve got a good tune in it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-06-2017
4pt_sik 4pt_sik is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbar View Post
I’ve been using the 3.4 pulley for years without issue. No matter which pulley you use there’s always a chance it’ll blow up. Make sure you’ve got a good tune in it.
Good to know! And i completely understand that there will still be a chance of detonating the block, I'm just looking to get by until i go with forged internals.

If you don't mind sharing, What does your car make at the rear wheels with the 3.4? and does it actually make 9-10 psi like vmp says? lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2017
S302Extreme S302Extreme is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 71
Default

3.67" pulley makes 8 lbs of boost consistently. 3.4" would be right at 9 or 10 I'm sure.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2017
2007-52 2007-52 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 126
Default

I found the limit of stock rods at that level. A good tune is critical.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2017
4pt_sik 4pt_sik is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 4
Default

I've been talking to my tuner about upping the boost to 10 psi, he's all for it with how well the car is currently running. Anyone have an idea on how much the 4.6 3v will make with the gen vi blower at 10 psi?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2017
Mainecobra Mainecobra is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Winslow Maine
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pt_sik View Post
I've been talking to my tuner about upping the boost to 10 psi, he's all for it with how well the car is currently running. Anyone have an idea on how much the 4.6 3v will make with the gen vi blower at 10 psi?
I was running 10lbs with a built motor and I put down 531rwhp. I'm at 14lbs now and 597rwhp
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-24-2017
4pt_sik 4pt_sik is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainecobra View Post
I was running 10lbs with a built motor and I put down 531rwhp. I'm at 14lbs now and 597rwhp
Great numbers! Same compression ratio/ displacement as factory?
Also What size pulley and at what RPM did you see 10 psi?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2017
Mainecobra Mainecobra is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Winslow Maine
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pt_sik View Post
Great numbers! Same compression ratio/ displacement as factory?
Also What size pulley and at what RPM did you see 10 psi?
9-1 compression, 2.85 pulley with upr tensioner. As far as rpms that has alot tondo with the tune. I had 2 dyno tunes that were awful the boost came on way to late tons of lag and only wot would really wake it up not a very friendly driveable tune at all. My time now boost comes on strong early i think it was 3500-4000 is when 10lbs came in. Im at higher boost now though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2017
Mainecobra Mainecobra is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Winslow Maine
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainecobra View Post
9-1 compression, 2.85 pulley with upr tensioner. As far as rpms that has alot tondo with the tune. I had 2 dyno tunes that were awful the boost came on way to late tons of lag and only wot would really wake it up not a very friendly driveable tune at all. My time now boost comes on strong early i think it was 3500-4000 is when 10lbs came in. Im at higher boost now though.
And not the same displacement as factory with my motor is a 4.6 stroker (5.0)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.




Orders placed through these advertiser links help to support SOEC and this website.

Tire Rack Wheel Clearance

When you buy one Valeo® ULTIMATE™ Wiper Blade from Tire Rack, you'll get one free!

Dunlop $50 Rebate


| SOEC.ORG | ABOUT SOEC | MEMBERSHIP | MERCHANDISE | LITERATURE | VEHICLE PRODUCTION | SALEEN LOCATING SERVICE | SALEEN AUTOMOTIVE | CONTACT SOEC | SOEC @ FACEBOOK |


All Original Content Copyright © 1991-2017 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club, LLC (SOEC). All Rights Reserved.
SOEC is the official independent, non-profit organization for owners and enthusiasts of vehicles by Steve Saleen and Saleen Automotive, Inc.