The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2014 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2014 Saleen Mustang For the SN10 platform California-built 2010 SMS 460 and 460X, the 2011-12 SMS 302, and 2013-14 Saleen 4V, SC, SSC and 351.
All Label cars (White Yellow, Black). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-06-2013
SOEC Member

Default Seeking info: 2014 Saleen specifications & equipment

Looking for info on the 2014 Saleen at Heller Ford Hyundai in Escondido CA. If anyone has seen this car or has info I am Interested. I don't see any gauge pod and am confused about the rear end some say saleen, this one says SMS. The model and options available seems more confusing than the 05-07 models. Thanks
Old 09-06-2013
SOEC Member

I think they used the SMS bumpers when they built the new cars but I thought there was talk about changing the bumpers. good luck
Old 09-07-2013
Administrator

The vehicle in question in 14-0012. This is a Black Label S302. I believe it is a 4-Valve model (not a Supercharged model).

To date, the only 2010-14 Saleen (SMS) Mustangs to feature a dash pod are... the 2010 460X and the new 2014 GF Heritage Edition.

There are a number of 2012-14 Saleen Mustangs with a mixture of Saleen and SMS badging from Saleen. Keep in mind there are now a few dealer and owner modified 2010-12 vehicles with Saleen emblems. The emblem conversions were not standardized.

Both the Black Label Mustang and the Black Label Challenger continue to use the "SMS" logo rear bumper covers.

There are numerous variations in the 2012-14 Saleen Mustang with regards to emblems, floor mats, trunk mat, center caps, brake upgrades, shift knobs, gauge overlays, door sill plates and seat cover logo.

The vehicle in question, 14-0012, is a Black Label built on a base Mustang GT coupe with optional 3.73:1 gears from Ford Motor Company.

This is the first Black Label, 2010-14, that I have seen build on a base Mustang GT. The Black Label was typically produced on a Premium Mustang GT chassis. Which gave upgraded door panels, chrome interior door pulls, upgraded dash fascia, gauge package, and uprated stereo.

The base Mustang GTs were typically converted into the White Label model.

This car was on Autotrader.com for $59,777.00:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=15973

Dealer website:
http://hellerford.com/
Old 09-07-2013
SOEC Member

As always, thanks for the info Dave, It's now clear as mud! I know you are just relaying information. I am interested in a new saleen with a 302sc but am having a hard time getting excited with all the ambiguity on these late models.
Old 09-07-2013
Administrator

davisj,

I'll see what I can find for you...

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-07-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisj View Post
I am interested in a new saleen with a 302sc but am having a hard time getting excited with all the ambiguity on these late models.
The 302 Supercharged cars are:

- Yellow Label
- Black Label SSC (sometimes called the SC in 2011-12)

Unlike 2005-09, there is no standardized equipped Mustang GT the Saleen package is added to.

If you view the 2010 460 and the 2011 302, you will notice most of these Saleen Mustangs are built on top of full tilt Mustang GTs with most Ford options. HID or standard headlights are the common variance.

The "Label" cars were announced in late 2010. Please remember Ford Motor Company built the 2010 Mustang in 2009 and the 2011 Mustang in 2010, etc, etc, etc.

In 2010 both the 460 and 460X were supercharged.

In 2011 the 302 4-Valve entered production first. It was announced there would be a S/C model, but this model was delayed.

What became known as the "Black Label" is the traditional Saleen package. In NA, S/C and 351 form.

The original "White Label" was offered on late production 2011 chassis through 2014 chassis. This model featured emblems, decals, lowering springs, axle back exhaust, air filter, tune, shift knob, floor mats, taillight panel, front grill and Saleen deck spoiler. 20" wheels were optional on the 2011-12 model. Standard on the 2013-14 model. Also, the rear Saleen spoiler can be deleted.

The 2011 White Label cars appear to have chassis with more Ford optional equipment than the 2012-14 conversions.

The "Yellow Label" is a supercharged car with the complete Saleen suspension package. Springs, shocks/struts, sway bar. They have an axle back exhaust, emblems, decals, shift knob, floor mats, taillight panel, front grill and Saleen deck spoiler. In 2012 some have the 20" Saleen wheels, others have an optional wheels from Ford. For 2013-14 the 20" Saleen became standard. Front 14" brake upgrade is available. The rear Saleen spoiler can be deleted.

With the "Black Label" you receive the Saleen exterior styling makeover, the Saleen interior conversion and the Saleen suspension upgrade. A traditional Saleen.

This model also offered the traditional Saleen options: Custom Saleen paint, front brake upgrade, glass Scenic Roof, Speedster cover.

The Black Label was offered in a naturally aspirated 4-Valve model in 2011, 2013 and 2014. The 2012-14 Black Label SSC is the same model as the 2011-12 S302 SC.

Saleen models can also be upgraded. You can have the dealer send 14-0012 back to Saleen to become a Supercharged car.

If you desire a Saleen with premium door panels, Ford gauge package and navigation... then you will either search for a Black Label S302 built on a higher content Mustang GT or speak to a dealer (and Saleen) to find a new, untitled Mustang GT inventoried with the equipment you desire. You will then place your order to convert this GT into the Saleen model you wish.

John (forum member Werecow) purchased a leftover 2011 S302 4-Valve and had Saleen update the exterior emblems and install a supercharger. This is a great option if you find an SMS/Saleen Mustang in dealer inventory that is close to what you want.
Old 09-07-2013
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave, The car 14-0012 shows the seat package I would like but a NA car without suspension and brake upgrade correct? Now look at the yellow label 1400-16 at Bob Rohrman Schaumburg ford. This looks like an SC car, suspension and brake upgrade? with cloth seats how can this be more car with cloth interior? very confusing. I would also like to know if this car received gear and exhaust upgrade. Thanks for the help
Old 09-07-2013
SOEC Member

Dave, 14-0012 is an Sc car. They said it has suspension upgrade, exhaust, 3:73s, and will be getting brake upgrade soon. JD
Old 09-08-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Dave, The car 14-0012 shows the seat package I would like but a NA car without suspension and brake upgrade correct?
Not correct. All Black Label cars have the suspension upgrade.

All Black Labels are the typical Saleen conversion. Exterior, interior, suspension.

Quote:
Now look at the yellow label 1400-16 at Bob Rohrman Schaumburg ford. This looks like an SC car, suspension and brake upgrade? with cloth seats how can this be more car with cloth interior? very confusing. I would also like to know if this car received gear and exhaust upgrade. Thanks for the help
The Yellow Label package appeals to a different customer. All Yellow Labels are supercharged. They have mostly Ford exterior styling and interior appointments. Yellow Labels do feature a complete suspension upgrade and exhaust.

The optional 3.73:1 gears can either come from Ford Motor company if the chassis is ordered with them or Saleen can install this ratio in a chassis without them during conversion.

Quote:
Dave, 14-0012 is an Sc car. They said it has suspension upgrade, exhaust, 3:73s, and will be getting brake upgrade soon. JD
Then the current discounted price of $59,777.00 is great for a 2014 Black Label SSC.

All Black Labels have the complete Saleen suspension and exhaust upgrades.
Old 09-08-2013
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave, I think its a good buy. I would also like to know why I see two different superchargers on these cars?
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG2288.jpg  

IMAG2291.jpg  

Old 09-08-2013
Administrator

I'm with the dealer rep and the car for the day... Give me a call if you have questions... 714-580-3572Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378661945.862880.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	8004

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-08-2013
Administrator

Quote:
I would also like to know why I see two different superchargers on these cars?
The white engine compartment is running a Saleen logo Kenne Bell system.

The black engine compartment is running a Saleen logo Ford Racing system.

In late 2010, the Ford Racing system was the supercharger Saleen installed in their 2011 S302 S/C models. This appeared to be the case for most 2012 and 2013 supercharged cars. There was one known dark red 2012 S302 S/C convertible running the Kenne Bell.

Saleen sales staff should be able to answer the supercharger supplier question.

Take Jim up on his offer to communicate with the dealer rep today.
Old 09-08-2013
SOEC Member

Calling Jim now. Thanks
Old 10-01-2013
SOEC Member

I bought a 2014 white label from heller ford about three months ago. They were very good during and after the sale. I would recommend this dealership to anyone. The black label that they have is supercharged and has all upgrades that come standard with a black label including the suspension upgrade. The rear bumper still says SMS and so do the door sills. I think this is cool, but I'm obviosly biased because I own a transitional car as well. Heather at Salleen told me that the new black labels that they produce will have a Saleen rear bumper as soon as the SMS supply runs out. I'm sure that you could have one built. The Heller Ford black label is a super low number(12) which I think is incredible. They will probably make you a really good deal. Saleen has nothing to do with the cars at the dealerships have as options. They take the order from the dealership and go from there. For example, if Heller sends them a cloth seat GT then Saleen will simply embroider the head rest and call it a day. I do think that Heller should have sent GT premiums for their white and yellow labels but they didn't. Talk to Tanner at Heller.
Old 10-01-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsSaleen View Post
They take the order from the dealership and go from there. For example, if Heller sends them a cloth seat GT then Saleen will simply embroider the head rest and call it a day. I do think that Heller should have sent GT premiums for their white and yellow labels but they didn't.
The embroidered headrests happen with the White and Yellow Labels. Black Labels receive re-foamed seats with Saleen leather covers.

One Recaro seat car was seen with a simple Saleen corporate logo added to the stock Ford leather cover.

A 351 Black Label Recaro car received new Saleen themed chevron leather covers (unit was an SVT chassis which may explain the need for new complete covers).
Old 10-01-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The embroidered headrests happen with the White and Yellow Labels. Black Labels receive re-foamed seats with Saleen leather covers.

One Recaro seat car was seen with a simple Saleen corporate logo added to the stock Ford leather cover.

A 351 Black Label Recaro car received new Saleen themed chevron leather covers (unit was an SVT chassis which may explain the need for new complete covers).
I saw both of those cars at the Saleen open house. It was a great time.
Old 10-02-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsSaleen View Post
I saw both of those cars at the Saleen open house. It was a great time.
Did you have your car and memorabilia autographed?
Old 10-02-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Did you have your car and memorabilia autographed?
I kinda have a cool story to share with you. After I bought the car from Heller Ford, Tanner (Sales Manager/Saleen Rep) got in touch with Saleen and set up a personal meet and greet with me and Steve. I went up on a Saturday to see him and no one was there, so it seemed. Heather at Saleen came around the corner of the compound and guided me into the assembly line garage. Steve was standing there waiting for me. He signed my car, a poster, and a hat. He then gave me a tour of the facility and his sweet S7 with the lamans package. His office is pretty cool.

I was so grateful to have that oppurtunity. I probably thanked Steve a thousand times that day for spending part of his day off with me. I also thought that Heller Ford treated me well by making this thing happen.
Old 10-04-2013
SOEC Member

Steve is real good that way. Before I bought my Black label, Steve gave the wife and I a tour and went over all the cars upgrades.