The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 09-23-2014
Administrator

Default First All-New Saleen Mustang Since 2005 Is on the Way

Saleen Automotive Releases Feature List and Image for 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang,
Begins to Take Orders

CORONA, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 23, 2014) - Saleen Automotive, Inc. (OTCQB: SLNN), (OTCBB: SLNN) (the "Company"), an American specialty manufacturer of high performance vehicles, technical performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel, has released the next images and specifications for its highly anticipated 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang. The Company is now taking orders on a first come, first served basis for the new Mustang.

"This past July we released a first look of our 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang and the response was resounding," stated Steve Saleen, CEO, Saleen Automotive. "With the finalization of the all new Mustang model drawing near, we are working hard to bring the next vehicle in the Saleen lineup to life."

"This is a very exciting time for the Mustang community as this is the first all-new model since 2005," added Saleen. "As we approach an official unveiling later this year, we are thrilled to release the features and specifications for the 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang. Along with these features and specs, we are releasing a new profile view rendering to give an enhanced perspective on the new model."

With the upgraded engine & independent rear suspension, the new car promises to be the highest performance MUSTANG yet!

Saleen Automotive is currently taking reservations for the 2015 S302 Mustang. A $2,015 deposit will reserve you a car and secure your Saleen VIN number.

For more information or to place an order, visit saleen.com or contact us directly at (855) 797-6339.

For more information and updates regarding Saleen Automotive visit the following online locations:

Company website: www.saleenautomotive.com.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Saleen

About Saleen Automotive, Inc.Saleen is an American specialty manufacturer of high performance vehicles, technical performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel. Founder Steve Saleen has continually set the bar for automotive design and performance engineering in both street and racing applications. Saleen plans to utilize its existing strategic partnerships and dealer network to refine its design and engineering prowess, continue development of emerging automotive technologies, and expand its presence nationwide with a combination of automotive retail services, aftermarket parts and new vehicle sales to build significant long-term value. Learn more at www.saleenautomotive.com.

2015 302 Mustang images and specifications.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg press-01-The-2015-Saleen-302-Mustang.jpg (113.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg press-02-The-2015-Saleen-302-Mustang.jpg (76.4 KB, 197 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MY2015_S302_Features_Specifications_v1_8.pdf (258.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 09-24-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I'm sure it will be a great car, however, I am not keen on it based on the pictures above. Maybe it is the color?
Super Shaker PJ #39 (RW 483HP / 464TQ)
'05 Thunderbird - Inca Gold 1 of 82
'03 Thunderbird - Torch Red
'13 BOSS 302 - School Bus Yellow
with Trackey Option & Seat Delete
Old 09-24-2014
SOEC Member

No surprise it looks WAY better than a stock GT
08-045 S281 SC, Tuned by Pro-Dyno, 3.2 SC pulley, HT0 plugs, JLT series 3 CAI, vacuum upgrade, Kenne Bell BAP, MGW shifter, JBA catted H pipe, Moroso Oil Catch can, '11 mirrors, MMD hood struts, shorty antenna.

01-001 SC, Tuned by Pro Dyno, 2.8 SC pulley, MoSaleen, CAI, Off road X pipe, Mcleod Super Street clutch, H&R Super Sport springs, shorty antenna.
Old 09-25-2014
SOEC Member

I like it!
Old 09-25-2014
Banned

I like it as well. Unlike the frontal photo shown weeks ago, this yellow photoshop'd color alteration also address the "camaro-like" issue with the colored outlines withing the facia's bezels. it looks far better than without it, and pushes away from the camaro look. Indeed more than likely the front would look less-camaro in person because the Black trimings would be more visable, at least during the day. As for the new Profile view, Again i like what i see. though im not thrilled with the Roush-like fender decals. Roush themselves has stolen saleens signature side decals which i think would look great on this car as pictured. I also removed the double stack spoiler, instead i extended the built-in spoiler creating the classic whale tale. One continous line that really looks great in my opinion. what you think?

ahk saleen mod.jpg
Old 09-26-2014
Banned

Here's another version with the hash located higher to give the car a much longer sleeker look. amazing how a simple shift in location makes so much difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ahk Saleen mod2.jpg (18.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-28-2014
SOEC Member

So far, I really like the rendering. Xevious, I really like your version. I have always liked the fader Saleen stripe. i am not a fan of the high fender solid stripes on current Saleens. I also like your rendering of the sharp angled duck tail spoiler. This looks better and is more functional than the traditional Saleen rear wing. I also noticed that Saleen has reinstalled the body colored B pillar to give the car a more traditional "Mustang" look. I like that. While I do not really care for the look of the new Mustang, I agree that this Saleen version shows promise.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 09-28-2014
Banned

Yep, Saleen's B-pillar re'install looks great. kinda crazy considering its really going backwards design wise but it does make the car look more 'Mustang'. Most important it that it looks good. the mustangs rear spoiler just begs to be extended not really added upon. If done correctly it should look great with alot less manufactured material. If Saleen doesnt consider it, ide fabricate it myself. not to mention the traditional side stripe decals. (which roush now emulates) Ive argue'd Saleen must be diligent about protecting there design ideas, especially the good ones. One thing for certain. A widebody version of this car should be on the table. I know past wide body conversions were a hard sell but that was then (when people didnt know better) today is completely different. a wide body saleen with this model mustang would look crazy mean!. think i'll whip up a few concept illustrations when we get more images of this car.
Old 09-29-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEVIOUS View Post
not to mention the traditional side stripe decals. (which roush now emulates) Ive argue'd Saleen must be diligent about protecting there design ideas, especially the good ones.
I've seen this comment before. I do not disagree. Though the argument can be made the Roush Stage 3 chevrons are an evolution of the Stage 3 hockey stripe which was an evolution of the R model hockey stripe.

I doubt both SPV/Revstone and SMS Supercars were in position to challenge a decal arrangement, if at all possible, if anyone too notice.

Side note: I am a fan of the pearlescent painted vinyl that Roush uses for stripes and the ability to order from a variety of colors to mix-and-match at no extra cost.
Old 10-12-2014
SOEC Member

Widebody would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEVIOUS View Post
Yep, Saleen's B-pillar re'install looks great. kinda crazy considering its really going backwards design wise but it does make the car look more 'Mustang'. Most important it that it looks good. the mustangs rear spoiler just begs to be extended not really added upon. If done correctly it should look great with alot less manufactured material. If Saleen doesnt consider it, ide fabricate it myself. not to mention the traditional side stripe decals. (which roush now emulates) Ive argue'd Saleen must be diligent about protecting there design ideas, especially the good ones. One thing for certain. A widebody version of this car should be on the table. I know past wide body conversions were a hard sell but that was then (when people didnt know better) today is completely different. a wide body saleen with this model mustang would look crazy mean!. think i'll whip up a few concept illustrations when we get more images of this car.