The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-27-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Repop Saleen window stickers?

Does anyone know where to get original window stickers? I have seen the reproduction ones and there are some that look really close but I can't remember who does them. I would also be interested in finding the door stickers in reproduction too.
Old 10-27-2009
Administrator

Hi. Explain what you mean by window and door stickers?
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi. Explain what you mean by window and door stickers?
The dealer window sticker that shows the options and stuff and the door sticker shows the vin, gvwr, etc... I will take a pic of one tomorrow. I work for a body shop so I can take a picture of something close.
Old 10-27-2009
SOEC Member

The window sticker here ,
Call 800-888-8945 option 2 -- it's about $85.
Im not sure is you can get a new gvwr sticker, st least not one that is vin specific, Im sure dave or Jim will know
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-878 View Post
The window sticker here ,
Call 800-888-8945 option 2 -- it's about $85.
Im not sure is you can get a new gvwr sticker, st least not one that is vin specific, Im sure dave or Jim will know
Cool thanks Justin. I will call the number tomorrow and see what the deal is.
Old 10-27-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS1156 View Post
Cool thanks Justin. I will call the number tomorrow and see what the deal is.
No problem, good luck. There is also a website that you can get the original ford sticker at, I will try to find it I got it from one of the guys on here too.
Old 10-27-2009
SOEC Member

also here is a picture of the door decal I believe you are refering to, maybe this will help someone get you the info you are looking for
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-878 View Post
also here is a picture of the door decal I believe you are refering to, maybe this will help someone get you the info you are looking for
That's the sticker I was talking about. Thanks again Justin. I think the one on the car that I'm trying to buy is ok but it would be cool if I could get a reprint one. I really want the original window sticker. The guy told me that he bought the car off the original owner but did not get the window sticker. He said he has some stuff but not everything.
Old 10-27-2009
Administrator

Since this is in the 1984-1993 area, I take you are asking about this era of Saleen?

Saleen vehicles of 1984-1989 do not have a manufactures window sticker. Exception being the 1989 SSC.

Saleen Autosport used a triangle window display card that would inform the owner of the Saleen equipment from 1987-1989.

At one time, I believe a Ford Dealer could order a reprint of the tamper proof door decal. But this was years and years and years ago, the decal has since went through design changes since the 1980s, and it was a major project to try to order one.
Old 10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Since this is in the 1984-1993 area, I take you are asking about this era of Saleen?

Saleen vehicles of 1984-1989 do not have a manufactures window sticker. Exception being the 1989 SSC.

Saleen Autosport used a triangle window display card that would inform the owner of the Saleen equipment from 1987-1989.

At one time, I believe a Ford Dealer could order a reprint of the tamper proof door decal. But this was years and years and years ago, the decal has since went through design changes since the 1980s, and it was a major project to try to order one.
You are correct Dave. I am looking to purchase my first Saleen. Although I have been following them since the late 80's and almost bought one back in 2001, but I bought my 96 Camaro SS #1156. Well I kept that car until about 3 years ago. I kept that car in the garage for years and only drove it on weekends. Well one Christmas Eve I decided to take it up to my friends house and visit. His girlfriend needed to go to the store and in the process of leaving their property she went down the entire left side of the car. The damage wasn't all that bad but it did upset me that my all original, low mileage, highly optioned SS was now damaged. I fixed the car in a manner that you could not tell and the car had just lost it's appeal to me so I sold it and bought my Dodge truck. I now have the itch to get another car that I can have some fun with. I'm not a purist and I'm not looking for a 5k mile garage gnome, no offense to those that have them. I want to be able to drive this car and enjoy it as it was meant to be. I am mainly looking at 87-90 Saleens as they are more affordable. I have found several cars that I am talking with the owners. I must sell my truck first and I am working on that as well. Now that that's ouyt of the way, the car that I am really interested in has been repainted and looks like they have had a nice job done on the car. Of course I am looking at pictures and that's all I can go off of. The car is in MD and I am in FL. The door decal is in good condition. The owner, who bought it from the original owner did not get the window sticker or any of the other docs from the owner. I do want to try and find the history of this vehicle from Saleen or if there is another way to find out more on the car I would like to do that as well. I am very sorry if i have rattled on too long. The car number is 341 if you know of a way to locate history on the car. Thanks Dave and I do apologize for rambling on.
Old 10-28-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Dave and I do apologize for rambling on.
No problem. I'm a ramble.

88-0341
- VIN: 129
- Ship Date: 03/31/1988
- Comments: Sunroof

If originality matters, see if the Ford body VIN tags serviced the repaint. Every panel and both bumper covers had a tamper proof decal with the complete Ford VIN.

The 1987-1991 cars are a great era and I will agree about the pricing!

Those LT1 SS Camaros and the Ram Air T/As were neat cars. What color was yours? Hardtop or T-roof?
Old 10-28-2009

My SS was Red w/ Graphite leather. The car only had 12k on it when I got it. The guy I bought it from ordered every SLP option including the ultra rare R1 option. This option included an extra set of ZR1 wheels w/ BFG R1 comp tires. There were only 20 cars ordered with this option. I really do miss the car but after it was hit I just didn't look at it the same. The car was not structurely hurt it was more my pride and stuff. I was actually looking for a Saleen before I bought the SS but I couldn't find on at that time. Now that I have sold it and I think it's time for me to get my SALEEN!!

It's definately a buyers market right now. The only problem is that some of these cars are up north and my buying window is closing in on me :-(. I saw that you just posted an 88 up in Michigan with low miles asking $13k. I am looking to spend $8000 to $10,000.

Like I said before, I don't want one that's so perfect I don't want to drive it. I'm going to be driving every day until March of next year. I'm gonna go buy a little Corolla or something to drive back and forth to work. I do like the car to have as much of the original docs and paperwork as possible. My SS has EVERYTHING when it came to docs. I had a bunch of promotional stuff from the dealer where the car came from. I bought as much advertisement stuff, magazines with the car in it and all kinds of neat stuff. I let it all go with the car. The guy who bought it was a lot like me. He asked me on the phone if I had all the paperwork that came with the car. After I told him what all I had he was thrilled. I also made him promise me that if he ever got rid of the car that I have first dibs on it. I kept all the original stuff that was on the car when I was doing mods. I will do the same to my Saleen too.

If you know of any cars that are in my range that may not be advertised please let me know. Sometimes those are the better cars to buy, ones that friends know of and help a buyer out so they don't get sold a POS. I appreciate all your help Dave, you are a cool guy. I have met, online, a really nice bunch of guys when it comes to all the Saleen owners. I have had a lot of questions answered and people giving me advise when it comes to certain cars too. I hope to meet all of you guys and gals one day.

Again, thanks Dave for all your knowledge and help in my search for my first Saleen..... I'll talk to you later..... Mayo
Old 10-31-2009
Administrator

Quote:
If you know of any cars that are in my range that may not be advertised please let me know.
Will do!

Quote:
Again, thanks Dave for all your knowledge and help in my search for my first Saleen..... I'll talk to you later..... Mayo
No problem!
Old 10-11-2011
SOEC Member

Question

Up to this thread.
I'm looking for the same things for my '06 Extreme. And it will be cool if i could have the "door" sticker too, for the tires. Do you know if in can refound it..??