The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 10-30-2016
SOEC Member

Default Q: Will vinyl roundels damage paint?

I was wondering if anyone has left there vinyl #15 meatball sticker on for any length of time if it will hurt your paint? I like the looks of them on my 2007 Parnelli Jones mustang and would like to leave them on for awhile but am afraid it might hurt the paint. I would leave it inside my garage with a cover over the car 99% of the time so it will not be in the sun much. If anyone know please drop me a line. Thanks
Old 10-30-2016
Administrator

The transfers that Saleen provided were a static cling temporary display item. In few cases, they have blown off the vehicle while moving. You will remove these items when you wash and wax the vehicle, etc.

Traditional decals, applied with adhesive, can cause the opposite. The paint under a traditional decal may not age, fade or show wear. So... when a traditional decal is removed... the finish under the vinyl may be fresher that the rest. Think of out-of-service emergency vehicles or police cars. The clearcoat may be faded and dead except were the removed decals were placed.
Old 10-30-2016
SOEC Member

Hi
The vinyl roundels are almost a one use item, I find if you take them off they never seem to cling properly again.
Brenda in Texas had a couple of magnetic sets made for me, they are good as you can remove and refit them numerous times and they don't blow off.
I normally just attach them to the steel columns in my showroom when not in use.
Of course they don't work on the aluminum hood.
Tony
2008 Extreme S302E #02 RHD Saleen Demo/Press
Parnelli Jones #45 Super Shaker RHD
Parnelli Jones #46 Super Shaker RHD
Parnelli Jones #407 Super Shaker RHD (SOLD)
'06 GT Coupe "Saleen Racer" RHD
1970 GT-HO Falcon Phase 2 Owned since new
1966 Shelby GT-350 LHD
1965 TBird Conv. 429SCJ Drag Pak 4 speed
Old 11-01-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I use mine at car shows only. Apply them with a spray water bottle and a squeegee. Then remove them when the show is over. I met a guy at the Saleen Open House in CA. He keeps his static clings on all the time. They haven't blown off yet!!
Old 11-02-2016
SOEC Member

Thanks for the information, I think I will leave them on for awhile as I have an extra set from the first Parnelli I bought. They do look cool.