The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 01-10-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Six piston front caliper upgrade for PJ?

Hi Gents

What six piston caliper will bolt onto the current Saleen/PJ Stoptech brackets with the OEM 14" rotor. Will a Stoptech SP-60 work?

I have a six piston on my 14 Shelby (although rotor is 15") and I would like a better brake set up that Saleen/PJ OEM personally.

Thanks
Steve
Old 01-13-2017
SOEC Member

Default 6 piston calipers

The Baer Extreme 6 Piston calipers will fit a 14" rotors. But we are talking big bucks.
Old 01-13-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I have Brembo Six piston calipers/ 15" rotors used on the 2013/14 Shelby Gt 500 coming.

Unfortunately, the PJ front wheel, although a 19" wheel has a barrel section that clears the Brembo six caliper by only 1-2mm. This would not be enough.

I found out by putting the PJ front wheel on my 2014 Shelby. Unless the PJ spindle is different than my Shelby, I may need a slight modification to one of the components.

Steve
Old 01-16-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I have Brembo Six piston calipers/ 15" rotors used on the 2013/14 Shelby Gt 500 coming.

Unfortunately, the PJ front wheel, although a 19" wheel has a barrel section that clears the Brembo six caliper by only 1-2mm. This would not be enough.

I found out by putting the PJ front wheel on my 2014 Shelby. Unless the PJ spindle is different than my Shelby, I may need a slight modification to one of the components.

Steve
The spindles are different, but not in a way that will matter with brake clearance. The Baer 6P caliper/rotor set will fit and they are only $2k.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"