The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-11-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: Hurst Competition Plus short throw shifter?

finally turned 6000 miles on the 07 281SC so it's time to get rid of the factor shifter, I put a Hurst short throw in my 05 281 and was really impressed with the difference.

looking at summit racing
Hurst Competition Plus Mustang Short Throw Shifters 3910201

any feed back out there regarding pro's or con's or others that are preferred?
I've had to submit a questionnaire to Summit to see if this model is even compatible with 07 train?
Old 07-14-2017
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mike View Post
finally turned 6000 miles on the 07 281SC so it's time to get rid of the factor shifter, I put a Hurst short throw in my 05 281 and was really impressed with the difference.

looking at summit racing
Hurst Competition Plus Mustang Short Throw Shifters 3910201

any feed back out there regarding pro's or con's or others that are preferred?
I've had to submit a questionnaire to Summit to see if this model is even compatible with 07 train?

I've run the Steeda which was good, now running MGW and it is fantastic!
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,mosaleen tensioner sys. UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Dark Stainless 18x10's, Nitto NT05's, MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off-road X pipe, Bassani Axle backs, FRP 3.73's,BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. 12.425@114.63 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Latest dyno is 492hp/463tq.
Old 07-14-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

thanks I will research the brand
Old 07-18-2017
SOEC Member

I have a Barton, and love it. MGW is also great.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 07-18-2017
SOEC Member

Here is a pic of my Barton shifter. I have the flat stick shaft. You can get a stock one from them that will fit your Saleen handle.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap