The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 08-03-2010
Suspended Account

Default Racecraft front chin spoiler - Where can I purchase?

Hi Everyone,

I traded a 06 vette in on my 09 Racecraft 420s last November. If I had known how much fun the 420s was going to be, I would have made the swap much sooner. Other than removing the graphics, cutting out the bottom of the airbox and a tune (402hp, 487ft-lbs at the wheels), it is stock.

I have one problem. At higher speeds (80+), the wind coming up through the engine compartment ripples the driver side of the hood. Above 100 it feels a little light in the front. My thought is that a chin spoiler should make a differance. I notice that most of the Racecrafts have the spoiler so my question is where can I get one?

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2010
Administrator

Hi there and welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

The front spoiler is a CDC (Classic Design Concepts) item that was offered both from the manufacture and Ford Racing.

Found-A-Deal / Buy Saleen may of had these spoilers inventoried during their blowout sales of 2008-09. http://www.buysaleen.com/
Old 08-05-2010

Default Racecraft chin spoiler

I sent a PM.

I just took mine off the Racecraft. About 1000 miles on it. excellent condition. Also have the flat black rear spoiler if interested. I think these parts are same as used on PJ/Heritage.

I have a box for the rear spoiler. Not sure how i would pack the chin spoiler.
Old 08-05-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I ordered an extra one for mine & it came in a Classic Design Concept box from Saleen.
Old 08-07-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbob49 View Post
I think these parts are same as used on PJ/Heritage.
You are correct. The optional Racecraft rear spoiler is the same unit installed on the 2007 S302 PJ, 2007 S281 Heritage, 2008 H302 3-Valve & SC, and 2009 Dark Horse.
Old 08-07-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehicks View Post
I notice that most of the Racecrafts have the spoiler so my question is where can I get one?
It appears that most of the 2008-09 Racecraft Mustang featured the optional aero package. I would place seeing a non-aero package 2008-09 Racecraft, in addition to spotting a 2009 RC with the optional red 14" brake upgrade, in the realm of "holy smokes."
Old 08-09-2010
SOEC Member

I have a 2009 Red 420S that does not have the aero package. I'd like to add that package also.
Old 08-09-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwarre9 View Post
I have a 2009 Red 420S that does not have the aero package. I'd like to add that package also.
The aero package can be added with ease. You'll need a front 2005-09 spoiler from CDC or Ford Racing and a Heritage Saleen wing.

BuySaleen once had both items in-stock at discount prices.
http://www.buysaleen.com/
Old 08-09-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The aero package can be added with ease. You'll need a front 2005-09 spoiler from CDC or Ford Racing and a Heritage Saleen wing.

BuySaleen once had both items in-stock at discount prices.
http://www.buysaleen.com/
Thanks for the lead. The "buysaleen.com" link automatically redirects you to a speed parts web site. Didn't find them there, but I'll keep looking.

Cliff
Old 08-09-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwarre9 View Post
Thanks for the lead. The "buysaleen.com" link automatically redirects you to a speed parts web site. Didn't find them there, but I'll keep looking.
Hi Cliff. It might be best to contact this establishment and speak with a live person. They had such a large quantity of parts that it is possible these items are in-stock.

Contact forum member buyspeedparts, but it might be best to email saleshelp@buyspeedparts.com and/or call the phone number on the website.

BuySaleen / SpeedParts also had Racecraft 18" wheels, center caps, gauge faces in case you would like spares.