The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-31-2010
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default HELP!!! Need decals for California Edition by Steve Saleen.

HI everyone im new to this forum. I own a 1990 Mustang, California Edition by Steve Saleen, and i was hoping i would be able to get a little info on the car, i Know there was 50 made. I am also trying to hunt down a set of the original fender decals: "RACECRAFT Suspension By, Steve saleen" due to the fact that my passenger fender was replaced and i no longer have the decal. I would love to get a set to complete my car! Would there be any way i could have them replicated or re-made? or could i go through Steve Saleen to get a copy or pay to have them re made? Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Pic below and my avatar pic also>>

Last edited by 90cali_saleen5oh; 10-31-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-31-2010
Inactive Account

I might have some let me look
Old 10-31-2010
Administrator

If Greg only comes up with the 1992-93 GT Sport by Steve Saleen decals... you can have repops of your correct decals made by reproducing the artwork. If Saleen Autosport used a standard font, all you will need to do is determine the correct spacing for letters and sizing.
Old 10-31-2010
SOEC Member (Inactive)

I have an 89 California edition.I can tell my rear decal is different than yours.The fenders may be the same.I also need fender decals and I am told that they should be easy to duplicate by someone.

Last edited by COUPEY; 10-31-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2010
Inactive Account

is this what you are loking for
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0974.JPG  

Old 10-31-2010
Inactive Account

your first url has a dup http// remove one so the picture will display, I might have one of those in the attic that will take me a little time to find.
Old 10-31-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wackett View Post
is this what you are looking for
This is the 1992-93 GT Sport version. It appears the "by Steve Saleen" script could match the older teal green version. If one wanted to start assembling a plan to repop the CA GT decals.
Old 10-31-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wackett View Post
I might have one of those in the attic that will take me a little time to find.
Hi Greg. Do you believe the CA GT simply used the standard "Racecraft Suspension" artwork, but with the "Suspension" moved from under to beside?
Old 10-31-2010
Inactive Account

I think you are correct I have one around here some place,
Old 10-31-2010
Inactive Account

Actually no it is a smaller font size, like I said let me find the one I have
Old 11-08-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

The "by" looks like Rage Italic and the California might be Brody, but I'd have to look on my other computer. I worked for my parents sign company the last 6 yrs and did alot of recreating decals that were hard to find. Usually if it was standard fonts I would start over, but use a digital pic or scan of the original to match the spacing exact. Sometimes I could take a pic or a scan and vectorize that making a decal that way. It was the only way on alot of script fonts such as a signature.
Old 11-09-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90cali_saleen5oh View Post
HI everyone im new to this forum. I own a 1990 Mustang, California Edition by Steve Saleen, and i was hoping i would be able to get a little info on the car, i Know there was 50 made. I am also trying to hunt down a set of the original fender decals: "RACECRAFT Suspension By, Steve saleen" due to the fact that my passenger fender was replaced and i no longer have the decal. I would love to get a set to complete my car! Would there be any way i could have them replicated or re-made? or could i go through Steve Saleen to get a copy or pay to have them re made? Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Pic below and my avatar pic also>>

Do you have more pictures of the car that you can post up? Love to see more.