The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-09-2004
Suspended Account

Default Searching for Saleen/FloFit Seat Covers? (1987-89)

Does anyone out there know where to get a matching cloth material for the Flofits (Grey) for 87-88 cars? Front only would be great.

Thanks,

Bryan
88-233
88-622
Old 03-27-2011
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thumbs up cloth

Bryan, Did you have any luck on the asswer as im lookin also Tks Doug
Old 03-27-2011
Suspended Account

Cool

Which material are you looking for ?
If it's the outer solid dark gray it is available now at most repritable uhpolstery shops.

If you are talking about the center material, the light gray inside material, then you are out of luck, because it dosen't exist.

I have been working with a fabric manufacturer for 2 yrs now to get it remade, last I heard from them last week was they were susposed to be getting a test sample in last week, but I haven't heard from them yet.

I will post up whatever I find out, when I find out!
Old 03-28-2011
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thumbs up seat fabric

Bill, Yes i am looking for both, i require 1/2 yard of both fabrics to complete the restoration for the interior ( front drivers seat only ), i found a guy here locally for the install but he cant find out where to locate the fabric either, any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thank You, Doug
Old 03-28-2011
Suspended Account

Cool

Doug,

Like I said the outer solid darker gray material is not the problem, it's the lighter gray center section material that dose not exsist, and that is what I have been working to get remanufactured. If I don't here from my source in the next day or so I will call them again and see what's up!

This has been a really long and slow process, I've been on it for a little over two yrs. now.

There are alot of guy's needing this fabric including myself, so you aren't the only one in the same boat!

Your uhpolstery guy should be able to find you the solid dark gray material, but the center section material he won't, because there isn't any left anywhere (obsolete) You can find some that is similar, but not the same, and you would have to redo your whole interior for it to match.

Hope this anserwers your questions, if not feel free to ask more!
Old 03-29-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Is grey the only color your source is working with? I have tan seats.
88-337 - sold
88 LX HB - sold
Old 03-29-2011
Suspended Account

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkngold View Post
Is grey the only color your source is working with? I have tan seats.

Yes, gray is the only color I am working with, sorry!

I don't know if you can find the solid outer tan material or not, but I doubt they will ever do the tan center section material unfortunatley, because they didn't build that many cars with tan interiors.

You might check with some upholstery shops, I have never checked on the tan material, you might get lucky, who knows, or maybe you can find something that is a close match!
Old 03-30-2011
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thumbs up

Update.........still searching Doug