The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 10-28-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Modification time/and 3 months

So, now that I have had the car for 3 months plus, it has been fantastic. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive the car. I haven't driven it in over a month and I'm due.

I can't believe how many car enthusiast have no idea what I'm driving when I am at the car shows or just out driving. I have never seen one yet at a car show in the area. That still holds true.

So I need more naturally aspirated HP, and ready to do headers, h-pipe with high flow cats, cai, and wondering if anyone has done throttle body( gt 500 twin 60 mm with adaptor)
Im looking at the JBA long tubes 1-5/8 and cats/. Seemed to be a very good price and not many if any complaints. Not sure if its going to make any or a huge difference going to a 1-3/4" header.

I read a few posts on mods people have made, so I know where I will end up HP wise, just wondering if anyone has done TB. I also have to look to see if it will fit under the shaker, that might be more of an issue.

Next year I may start tweaking suspension a bit based on what I have come across on this site.

Best time of the year up in lower NY to drive. I am looking forward to a nice cruise today.
1967 GT Fastback
Old 11-01-2017
Administrator

Bruce had a modified NA PJ for a bit, then he went Supercharged.

I recall he had an airbox, long tube headers and a tune... I do not recall what else... you probably saw his forum posts.
Old 11-01-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Hi Dave,
Yes, I have read through some of Bruce's posts, and others. I have not seen too much on people installing throttle bodies. It seems other owners with stock mustangs who have installed an aftermarket shaker kit has had issues with interference with the gt500 TB with the necessary spacer required to adapt to an OEM intake manifold.

Just hoping someone would chime in who has replaced their stock TB with a larger TB, and any feedback on install issues and/or HP gains.

Thanks for the follow-up.
1967 GT Fastback