The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-22-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedS281SC View Post
LOL - I had the same thinking like you!!

I went with the black vinyl stickers, which I felt was less loud. I also felt that they filled the "SALEEN" in the rear bumper. Then I also picked up the SS Inserts for the same price - The Black Chrome Color. They look loud to start - but then it looks normal. Compare your back to the back of a Saleen S7. That letter is not a Sticker and looks good - I like mine now, it just had to grow on me -
I agree totally! They look great I have them on mine as well.

12 F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Ingot Silver
Old 06-24-2011
SOEC Member

I went the opposite route with my tungsten vert. I got the regular chrome ss inserts. To me the look is subtle, which is what I wanted. Tungsten is in between silver and the darker grey, such as alloy. With tungsten, you can notice the chrome inserts, but they don't jump out at you.
Old 06-29-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedS281SC View Post
LOL - I had the same thinking like you!!

I went with the black vinyl stickers, which I felt was less loud. I also felt that they filled the "SALEEN" in the rear bumper. Then I also picked up the SS Inserts for the same price - The Black Chrome Color. They look loud to start - but then it looks normal. Compare your back to the back of a Saleen S7. That letter is not a Sticker and looks good - I like mine now, it just had to grow on me -

Wicked, you were right. I love them now. The reason they looked so loud is because they were reflecting the white-ish color of my driveway and it looked like chrome. Once I pull the car onto blacktop or any other surface....it looks BADASS.
Old 06-29-2011
SOEC Member

I told you - So where are the pics?
Old 06-29-2011

They are like the pictures of my car on my home made ramps that you wanted to see....coming. LOL
Old 06-29-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona1783 View Post
They are like the pictures of my car on my home made ramps that you wanted to see....coming. LOL
Glad you like the inserts.

07-55 SC Speedster;
1 of 1. Even with the mode that follow it's still 1 of 1.
3.4 Pulley, Saleen Extream CAI, VI.5 Lid ported, Tune, 62mm FR Throttle Body, Upgrade Chrome 5 spoke wheels, Max Diff 3.73 gear, Rockford punch, Rear bumper inlays (black chrome), Speedster, HID Lights, Saleen Duel Fuel Pumps, MoSaleen Idler, blackout side markers.

1968 GT Convertible Diamond Blue C-Code Concourse. Sold
00-372 - Triple black Conv. Soft Speedster cover. - sold
Old 06-29-2011

I did silver vinyl on my tungsten, i am thinking about going over to the dark side soon and removing all of my graphics and replacing the bumper number, chevrons, windshield, and rear bumper with flat black vinyl. Then also tinting the orange bumper lights and the red ones on the side of the rear bumper, should make the car a bit more aggressive looking.