The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 01-10-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default 2009 420s

Hello , just got a 09 420s , low mile's , white with black. love this car. looking to do a few mod's- hood strut's has any one had problem's with the redline style kinking the hood, . Thanks for any help
Old 02-19-2012
SOEC Member

I have not had problems. I got mine from Jerry Tubbs I think(Gofastgoodies) or something. Colormatched brackets. Nice pieces. I don't understand why they wouldn't put gas struts on the hood in the first place. Silly ford.
Old 02-19-2012

I ended up getting the mrt set up had them on sale , they fit pretty good and look's alot better than a prop rod. what header's did u install on your car was it very hard to do
Old 02-19-2012
SOEC Member

Actually, GoFast's were MRT's but with paint brackets. Forgot about that. So we have the same ones.

I had my headers install. Its not a tough job, just a huge pain. Shop said they were pain but didn't know that before they quote me :)
Old 02-23-2012

Default White w/Black Racecraft 420S

Congrats on the excellent purchase. White w/black my favorite, mostly because I was fortunate to get one of these great cars with that same color combo myself. I've had mine since Oct 2010 and drive it daily to work. It's the best part of the day. You mentioned you wanted to do a few mods. That's the beauty of the Racecraft, you can make it your own. I'll share a few pics of what I have done to mine, nothing major, just subtle non-intrusive exterior mods. What you can't see is the Basani Off-Road X pipe and SLP Power Flo axle backs. I wanted to get away from the "GT" look in the front so did away with the Standard Fog Lamp Grille and added a 14 bar chrome billet with "420S" emblem. In the back is a magnetic blackout panel $39. White Saleen Windshield Banner, side scoops and "Foose Stallion" quarter window scoops. Make it your's and enjoy!

Brody
Attached Thumbnails
photo (11).jpg  

photo (15).jpg  

photo (17).jpg  

Old 02-23-2012

Default mod's

Look's good, car is clean for daily driver,i done a few mod's to mine already- mrt hood strut's , tinted fog light's, painted pony(still waiting on it) , custom shift knob by grabber pony ( white / black shift pattern and 420 s on the side's) look's bad #$#(u can check it out on facebook.com/grabber pony) and changed out stock lug nut's for black help's tie in rim's with a little black to match black on car.few more to outside of car then on to performance goodie's
Old 02-23-2012

I'll have to check it out, always looking for new ideas. I had my first incident with curb rash on one of the front wheels while I was trying to avoid a puddle. I show the car a lot and have brought home first and second places in Saleen class. My daughters boyfriend does car detailing on the side after school so he keeps it clean for me.
Old 02-23-2012

What type of side scoop's are on your car, where did you find the foose c- piller scoop's at did you get them pre painted or have them done. curb rash suck's i've seen that speedlab has new set for around 500-600 bucks. or ya thinking of an aftermarket rim set.
Old 02-23-2012

Found both scoops on ebay and they were pre-painted. I'll have to look through my old e-bay receipts to see who I got them from. Not long ago there was one Racecraft wheel with correct tire brand new for $198. I kick myself now for not buying it.
Old 02-23-2012

You can get the quarter window scoops pre-painted here: They have performance white available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Foos...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 02-23-2012

My bad, looks like they don't have performance white anymore, too bad, it was a great price for a pre-painted scoop.
Old 02-23-2012

found'em on cdc's site gonna call in see if they still have a set, thanks for looking
Old 04-04-2012

Would like to see some pictures posted after you finish you mods. I have an appointment with Brenspeed in June to get Detroit Rocker Cams, Supershaker and few other mods done. And of course a good dyno tune.
Old 04-04-2012

Brody , is that how long the wait is for breenspeed or just when your taking it there,i'd like to take mine there for same mod's your doing, right now i'm replacing the whole rear suspension and bracing the 8.8.,already swapped in a custom shift knob by grabber pony, tinted front fog light's and added a ghost pony in front grill. i'll get some pic's up soon.
Old 04-05-2012

Default Racecraft Mods

You can check with Chandler a Brenspeed for an appointment. Thats just a good time for me to head up there. Your mods sound great, looking forward to pics.