The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-11-2014
Administrator

Default 1989 Saleen conversion GT convertibles - Eagle One?

Attached are old photos of one of at least two 1989 Mustang GT convertibles that received the Saleen treatment. I've seen these once called Eagle One/ Saleen GT convertible prize cars, but O don't recall when or the person. They might also be "dealer specials" built by Saleen Autosport.

Each car was a 1989 Mustang GT convertible. Both cars featured the complete Saleen suspension conversion, 5-lug conversion, 4wdb conversion and 16x7 / 16x8 ARE wheels. Both cars received the Saleen gauge cluster and Momo steering wheel. Both cars featured the iconic Saleen wing. The exteriors of both cars were stock Ford Mustang GT with louvered taillights.

If memory serves me, both cars featured automatic transmissions.

The two cars:

- Tu-tone Bright Red and Titanium exterior, stock smoke grey GT interior, grey ARE wheels.

- Tu-tone Oxford White and Titanium exterior, stock smoke grey GT interior, white ARE wheels.

Attached are images of the red car. It was modified. The chevrons, hood etc are not factory issued.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2014
Administrator

More images.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

I could drive that. I dont usually like the GT ground effects but it looks good with the Saleen stance and ARE wheels.
Old 01-14-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Dave where is it now..What state..

86-199
86-200

Black isn't a color it's a statement
Old 01-14-2014
Administrator

I believe when I first learned of this vehicle it was in Florida (maybe). The time frame would have been 2002-2004. I had saved better imagery of this vehicle back then. The chevron decals were added by then and the manual trans conversion was completed.

The photos above are from craigslist. It could be 5 or 6 years since this vehicle was advertised for sale. This car did a stint on eBay as well as Craigslist. If I saved the VIN, I cannot locate at the moment.

A previous owner of this vehicle was a mustanggt.org forum member. I believe.

I shared the above photos since we periodically see a black 1989 LX convertible for sale claiming "Eagle One" providence. What I know as an "Eagle One" convertible are these two GT based cars.
Old 07-12-2014
Administrator

This could be the white Eagle One GT.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?p=123643

Car "was" a factory tu-tone with white ARE wheels.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Soma few TuTone cars did leave the Saleen factory. Even though these are special editions it's still nice to see what a TuTone Saleen looks like. Helps me visualize my 85 leaving Saleen as a TuTone.

Very cool!
Old 01-13-2016
Administrator

More photos we located.
Attached Images