The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-30-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Removal of Saleen HID kit from S281 SC?

Is it possible for someone to remove them and install non HID headlamps? If it was done, what type of things could I look for other than the obvious difference in appearance? The current lights seem to fit correctly, but I'm just questioning what the window sticker says as I think the HID lamps were removed and replaced with stock...

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-30-2014
Administrator

Default 10-8002-c11670c

Yes. It is possible to remove the 2005-09 Saleen HID lamps, ballasts and harnesses.

Both the OE Ford lamps and the Saleen HID units were produced by Sylvania.

View manual 10-8002-C11670C under the 'Exterior Trim' section.

http://soec.org/literature/manuals/
Old 11-01-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Yes. It is possible to remove the 2005-09 Saleen HID lamps, ballasts and harnesses.

Both the OE Ford lamps and the Saleen HID units were produced by Sylvania.

View manual 10-8002-C11670C under the 'Exterior Trim' section.

http://soec.org/literature/manuals/
Thanks Dave. I found the manual in your link. That helped and the HID's were removed. Not sure why, unless someone wanted them in another Saleen that did not have them. No damage appears to be on the front of the vehicle, under it, or behind anything and all car fax stuff checks out. Only thing I can think of is that either someone wanted them in another vehicle (it was owned by a big ford dealership and part of the owners private collection), they were damaged and need to be replaced and due to limited parts they were replaced with stock. Not too worried about it, but it's nice to know should I ever sell the vehicle one day because it does not line up with the Saleen Window sticker.
Old 11-01-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcary View Post
Thanks Dave. I found the manual in your link. That helped and the HID's were removed. Not sure why, unless someone wanted them in another Saleen that did not have them. No damage appears to be on the front of the vehicle, under it, or behind anything and all car fax stuff checks out. Only thing I can think of is that either someone wanted them in another vehicle (it was owned by a big ford dealership and part of the owners private collection), they were damaged and need to be replaced and due to limited parts they were replaced with stock. Not too worried about it, but it's nice to know should I ever sell the vehicle one day because it does not line up with the Saleen Window sticker.
As I stated in the PM, in 2007 per Tom Glockner, Saleen ran out of HID assemblies during 2007 production. Saleen invoiced these cars as if they had their HID lamps installed when this was not the case.

You may have one of these vehicles unless there is evidence of HID equipment removal.
Old 11-25-2014
SOEC Member

Let me add...

Saleen shipped those cars to the dealers with the stated intent to install at the dealer when the lights became available. My car was one of those where the HID assemblies were "lost" before beeing installed.

I was lucky enough to catch this during one of my repeated scutinizings of my beautiful car after purchase and got in touch with Saleen in Troy, MI to remedy the situation. Jess Albright was in charge of many things at that time including some warranty oversight and had a new set sent to me to avoid another "lost" set at the dealer. The original dealer installed them and I drove away happy.