The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Steve Saleen Signature Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Steve Saleen Signature Events Saleen enthusiast events where Steve Saleen will be attending.

Old 07-29-2009
Administrator

Default Food Lion AutoFair, Lowe's Motor Speedway - Charlotte, NC - Sept 10-13, 2009

Food Lion AutoFair
:
Thursday, September 10 - Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lowe's Motor Speedway's Food Lion AutoFair is the World's Largest Automotive Extravaganza, offering something to please all car enthusiasts, no matter their particular field of interests. The four-day Food Lion AutoFair includes a car show featuring various makes and models from more than 50 clubs; thousands of parts and memorabilia vendors; unusual attractions and a collector car auction conducted by Tom Mack.

A car corral, located on the speedway, features nearly 2,000 vehicles of all makes and models that are available for sale or trade. Food Lion AutoFair hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Sunday.

Tickets:
Tickets are $10 for adults. Children under 12 are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Parking for the event is $5.

Tom Johnson Camping Center:
Located just off Bruton Smith Boulevard (I-85, exit 49), the Tom Johnson Camping Center Racing Resort at Charlotte is a short walk from the frontstretch of the home of stock car racing, Lowe's Motor Speedway. The campground, a short drive from the shopper's paradise Concord Mills, is adjacent to the renowned Rocky River Golf Course.

The camping center has expanded to include 430 sites equipped with electricity (30, 50 amp), sewer, water hookups and a picnic table. Phase I of the resort opened in 1999 on 16 acres. Phase II was completed in 2001 and added 203 ultra large sites and expanded the area to 29 acres. Phase III opened in May 2009 adding another 92 ultra large sites. An open pavilion was also added. It features a large seating area that can accommodate camping clubs, weddings and company parties. The
ultra-modern restroom and shower facility completes all the needs for a great camping experience.

Stay with us for the Food Lion AutoFair. Back-in sites are just $30 a night and pull-through sites are $50 a night.

For flea market and car corral inquiries, contact the Hornets Nest at 704-841-1990 or click here for website.

For Manufacturers Midway inquiries, contact the Corporate Sales Department at 704-455-3203.

For collector car auction inquiries, contact Tom Mack Classics at 1-888-TOM MACK.

For further event information, contact the Events Department at 704-455-3205.

Rent your Scootaround Early for the Food Lion AutoFair

http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/ti...fall_autofair/

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/
Old 07-29-2009
SOEC Member

We will be there and hope others will bring their SALEENS too.

03 S281SC Coupe #03-0081 Series IV SC, Chicane Pulley, Intercooled, JLT CAI, 42lb. Injectors, Diablosport MAFia, Ford Supercar GT Fuel Pump, Magnaflow Exhaust, Brembo 13" brake package, 3.27 gears, MaxGrip, Tri-Ax Shifter, Racecraft Suspension, 18X9 and 18x10 Chrome Saleen Wheels w 275/35/18 Nittos, Saleen Leather Seat Package and Saleen Pedals 370 RWHP / 405 RWTQ Tuned by Dan Desio @ Pro-Dyno - Fort Mill, SC
Old 07-29-2009
Administrator

Come spend the day with Steve Saleen, SMS Supercars and the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club.
Old 08-29-2009
Administrator

We'll have Steve's schedule soon, so stay tuned for announcements here.

All we can tell you now is that he will be there on Friday, September 11 only.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-29-2009
SOEC Member

Betsy said that they told Debbie that the Speedway will be handling his appearnce and schedule for the 11th. Debbie's anniversary cars (SSC, SA-10, SA-15 and SA-20)will be on display.

03 S281SC Coupe #03-0081 Series IV SC, Chicane Pulley, Intercooled, JLT CAI, 42lb. Injectors, Diablosport MAFia, Ford Supercar GT Fuel Pump, Magnaflow Exhaust, Brembo 13" brake package, 3.27 gears, MaxGrip, Tri-Ax Shifter, Racecraft Suspension, 18X9 and 18x10 Chrome Saleen Wheels w 275/35/18 Nittos, Saleen Leather Seat Package and Saleen Pedals 370 RWHP / 405 RWTQ Tuned by Dan Desio @ Pro-Dyno - Fort Mill, SC
Old 08-29-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BananaSaleen View Post
Betsy said that they told Debbie that the Speedway will be handling his appearnce and schedule for the 11th. Debbie's anniversary cars (SSC, SA-10, SA-15 and SA-20)will be on display.
... and Molly will relay it to me and I'll post it here.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-03-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I will be down Thursday night but on my 93 Cobra.
Old 09-04-2009
Suspended Account

Default Where to Park my Saleen to be with the SOEC Group & Price

Heys Guys/Girls,
Where do I Park my Saleen to be with our Group (SOEC Group) at the Lowes Motor Speedway (What Section)? I defintley want to psrk with the Group. Also what will I have to do to sign up to get my Car Tag or whatever so I can geet my car to the Club parking Spot. I defintley want to get in to where I can get Steve to Sign my Car. So could anyone help me with the best way to go about these things. Also I Myslef & about 10-20 friends have lots outside setup to sale parts & cars as well so I will be camping out but how much will it cost me to get in the gate with my Car & does it cost extra to park where our group will be stationed. If so how much & what would be the dastesdt way to register.

See You Guys Thursday Night.

Thanks
Kenneth Maxwell
Saleen Stylin In WV
Old 09-05-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen4me View Post
Heys Guys/Girls,
Where do I Park my Saleen to be with our Group (SOEC Group) at the Lowes Motor Speedway (What Section)?
Ken, excellent questions! Hopefully in the next week or two, additional details about the event and how to participate will be posted within this thread.
Old 09-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Ken, excellent questions! Hopefully in the next week or two, additional details about the event and how to participate will be posted within this thread.
The event is this week Dave. Here is what we have so far. Taken directly from Annette Randall's (Auto Fair Staff) email to me.

Autograph sessions with Saleen Mustang creator Steve Saleen - Friday, Sept. 11 at 10 - 11 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m. in Victory Circle

A collection of Saleen Mustangs commemorating the company's 25th anniversary (from what I am hearing , this is Debbie's cars)

....no other info has been relayed about any other Saleen's being allowed in the field. I would say that Debbie's cars will be placed around the Victory Circle with Steve inside it.

Food Lion AutoFair hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Sunday. Tickets are available at the gates and are just $10 for adults while children 12 and under are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Parking for the event is $5.
On Friday, Sept. 11, in honor of their public service, all police, fire and emergency workers showing a badge or ID will receive free admission to the Food Lion AutoFair.

Old 09-07-2009
Suspended Account

Default Thanks & One Last Question

Thanks for all the info I hope to see you guys there. By the way is it realistic to think that I can get Steve to Autograph my car?
Old 09-15-2009
SOEC Member

We had a great time and spent some time with Debbie and looked back at some old pictures from years past of different Saleen events across the nation that she attended. Rudy & Betsy came out to dinner with us on Saturday night with YMR. Debbie was going to, but had family in town, so her and Marylin stayed back. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Charlotte 2009 011.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 012.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 017.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 019.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 022.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 026.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 028.jpg  

Charlotte 2009 091.jpg  

Old 09-15-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BananaSaleen View Post
Here are some pics.
Great photos Stuart!
Old 10-13-2009
SOEC Member

It was so great to see a lot of old friends! Great event and looking forward to next year! Good job, Brad and Lowe's Motor Speedway, thanks for the hospitality!

(Please use the Contact Us form to submit any SOEC queries)