The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-01-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Help: 1999 S351 Starting Issues

Hi all,

I recently removed the blower on my car to have it rebuilt by Vortech. When I reinstalled it, car will turnover, but not fire up. It had been sitting without being driven for maybe 1 1/2 months at the most without being started, so it just seems strange to just do this all of the sudden.

I know for a fact that the battery is low, at first when I did turn it over it started to die down. Put a jump on it, and all it would do was turnover.

I can hear the fuel pump prime, has about half a tank of gas left.

I dont see any theft lights blinking.

Going to crank it a few times, and pull one of the plugs to see if there is any fuel on the tip when I get home.

Any ideas?
1999 S351 #23 Rio Red Coupe 47 lb injectors, o/r x pipe, smaller pulley. 458hp/517tq.
Old 08-01-2017

I have had problems with the connection on the ignition module that is in the passenger side fenderwell. Not sure if they are all there but if yours is check the connection for corrosion. That would be my first thought. From there I would see if you have spark at one of the plugs.
Mike
Old 08-02-2017

Thanks for the response, as it does remind me that the TFI module sits right behind the s/c intake plumbing. When I was removing/installing the blower I could have bumped it. I forgot all about those modules, even had the same problem on my old 94 Cobra.
1999 S351 #23 Rio Red Coupe 47 lb injectors, o/r x pipe, smaller pulley. 458hp/517tq.
Old 08-03-2017

Sure enough, that was the problem. Thanks again for the memory jumpstart!
Old 08-03-2017

Glad you found the problem.