The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-15-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Aftermarket gauges oil, fuel, boost?

Hey guys,gonna be purchasing a sos dual gauge pillar and was wondering what autometer gauges i should purchase, Is the factory boost gauge accurate? Can't decide if i should get boost,oil pressure or fuel press.
Old 08-15-2015
SOEC Member

The Saleen gauges aren't very reliable. I've got a wideband A/F & Aeroforce Intercepter gauge in the SOS pillar pod. I replaced the boost & intercooler water temp gauge in the Saleen pod with autometer gauges.
Old 08-25-2015
SOEC Member

Another option is to use the existing Saleen gauge pod and just get 52mm gauges to replace them. You can get dual purpose gauges that will allow you to see all the parameters you want with only two gauges. Aeroforce is one option, I really like the PLX gauges. I can pick whatever parameter I want from the PCM and add sensors for boost and A/F.

Old 08-25-2015
SOEC Member

I like the digital gauges, that looks really sharp.
Old 08-25-2015
SOEC Member

Tbar, are those just plug and play or was other wiring needed for the intercooler H2O temp gauge?
08-045 S281 SC, Tuned by Pro-Dyno, 3.2 SC pulley, HT0 plugs, JLT series 3 CAI, vacuum upgrade, Kenne Bell BAP, MGW shifter, JBA catted H pipe, Moroso Oil Catch can, '11 mirrors, MMD hood struts, shorty antenna.

01-001 SC, Tuned by Pro Dyno, 2.8 SC pulley, MoSaleen, CAI, Off road X pipe, Mcleod Super Street clutch, H&R Super Sport springs, shorty antenna.
Old 08-26-2015
SOEC Member

For the boost gauge I only used the existing power & ground wires. Mines an 05 so it came with Saleen intercooler water temp gauge. Now if I remember right, I used the existing wiring except for the sensor wire because I relocated the sensor. To be honest it's not a very useful gauge. The only time it moves is from heatsoak but I wanted a matching gauge to the Autometer boost gauge in the pod.