The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 03-06-2013
Account with Invalid Email

Default My Saleen S281 00-0801

Hi all,
Well, after the engine rebuild and it all being run in, i thought it was finally time to do some work on the aesthetics of my car. Ever since i bought it, i hated the oversized deep dish boyd coddington wheels on it and there was a few minor other things i thought that could do with changing and a bit of customisation. Always loved the original 5 spoke Saleen wheels that the car originally should have come factory with. So i managed to order some really good replicas as i heard genuine Saleen wheels were hard to get hold of nowadays. Not only that but the replicas had an option of a 10j, so i opted for them on the rear and 9j on the fronts. Got to love the staggered look. I also had enough of the grille and headlights so these have been swapped also, (please excuse the cobra emblem, as this is temporary and came with the kit, but gives you a rough idea.)
After a 2 month wait for my items to get shipped over to the UK, i finally fitted it all the weekend, other than the genuine rear spoiler that needs paint.
Anyway let me know your thoughts, im still waiting for some hubcentric spacers for the rear wheels as the previous owner had the arches professionally flared to fit the boyds. Next step is to get some coilovers fitted so i can get the stant right. Anyway, heres the before and after pictures:
Before:

In went the tinted rear lights:

Then smoked headlights:

Then wheels:

And as it stands now with the mach 1 grille delete:

00-801 Saleen: Forged shortblock by Manley, 23cc +20 Manley pistons, 8:8.1 comp, Series 1 supercharger, Mosaleen idler kit, 112" belt, Spec stage 2+ clutch kit, Mac longtubes, UPR Off-road X pipe, Bassani catback!
Old 03-06-2013
Administrator

I like your changes! New wheels and and the correct quarter window trim look terrific.

Call me crazy, but I believe your front fenders are flared as well.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I like your changes! New wheels and and the correct quarter window trim look terrific.

Call me crazy, but I believe your front fenders are flared as well.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Dave! Just after a nice chrome pony for the front grille now. Yes the front and rear fenders were flared by the previous owner, so im waiting on some correct wheel spacers so the wheels fill the arches a bit more.

Im looking for a 00 cobra R hood aswell, as im planning for a Kenne bell 2.6 setup which will need the extra height. I managed to purchase a genuine rear saleen spoiler aswell. So once painted will be fitting that too.
00-801 Saleen: Forged shortblock by Manley, 23cc +20 Manley pistons, 8:8.1 comp, Series 1 supercharger, Mosaleen idler kit, 112" belt, Spec stage 2+ clutch kit, Mac longtubes, UPR Off-road X pipe, Bassani catback!
Old 11-10-2013

Default My 00 Saleen S281 #801

Hi all,

Been a while since ive last been on here so thought id show some progress. I bought the car in 2011 with the intention on transforming it back to its original glory. Its build number 801 and is factory supercharged with the Eaton M90. I carried out a full engine rebuild last year adding forged Manley rods and pistons along with a forged crank to handle the extra power im aiming for.

Had great fun in it the past year but not really managed to get it to any shows. I will be taking it off the road come November the 30th to carry out a 2.6H Kenne bell swap and some paintwork done which im really excited about! Maybe next year ill manage to get to some more outings! :)

Anyway, less of the talk, heres some pictures of the car itself the day i got it and how it stands at present.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 11-10-2013
Administrator

Looks great! Everything you changed was an improvement.
Old 11-10-2013

Thanks Dave! Spoiler is next. Behind all that fabrication is still a 3rd brake light haha! Previous owner had some weird ideas i guess
Old 11-10-2013
SOEC Member

Looks good! Thank god you changed those wheels.
Old 11-10-2013
SOEC Member

What a beautiful car. Would like to get a peek under the hood if possible.
Old 11-10-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

you're making Steve and us proud by doing what you did.
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 11-10-2013

Looks great!! Love the hood now but I like the other one also. The wheel change is def. a plus.

I want your headlights lol
Old 11-10-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Looks great! Everything you changed was an improvement.
+1...... You saved a beautiful Saleen

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 11-14-2013

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Winter i will be busy chasing some decent power figures i hope!
Old 11-17-2013

Thank you for saving that car, it was headed the wrong direction
Old 11-18-2013

Oh nice! Very photogenic!
Old 07-15-2014

Default update on my Saleen Sc281

Its been a while since i last posted on here so thought id add a little update.

Towards the end of last summer i managed to purchase a Cobra R hood for the car, which im really pleased with. It was a must mod to allow for the Kenne bell 2.6H im installing. But i think it blends well with the Saleen kit. See pics:

I took the car off the road in November and have since been removing the old Saleen supercharger setup. Including heads and cams.

I managed to purchase a set of Foxlake stage 2 P.I heads and Crower stage 2 blower cams and springs etc for a good deal. The heads are a big improvement and flow 223cfm intake and 195 cfm exhaust @.550 in comparison to the stock unported heads which flow a max of 163cfm intskae and 150 cfm exhaust. So i went ahead and fitted these:

so far this is the current stage im at with the build. The Kenne bell intake and blower are fitted, as is the timing cover and some of the 8 rib setup etc. Im currently waiting on some new Trickflow 11/12 bolt valve covers to arrive as i purchased another set believing the trickflow heads were windsor 13 bolt castings! Such a pain but oh well!

Also forgot to mention im installing air ride aswell, here are a few pictures of that taking place aswell :)

And not to forget fitted some new 295 35 Michelins on the rear as opposed to the 285 30 pirelli p zeros i had before.

Old 07-16-2014

sick car I see it has recaros!
Old 11-13-2014

Default Pictures: Finally on air ride...

Finally installed my air ride on the Saleen. Just waiting for a maf, injectors and tune for my new Kenne bell 2.6h setup and then i can see how it drives. Love the stance though.

Old 11-13-2014
Administrator

Car sits low.

Overall vehicle looks completely different from when you purchased. Congratulations on finding OE exterior equipment to restore.
Old 11-13-2014

Sweet baby Jesus!! That looks amazing!
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN S-351 #37 "FASLEEN"
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN S-281SC #201 "SLOLEEN"
'99 MUSTANG SALEEN/COBRA S-281 #320
Old 02-21-2015

Default my 00 Saleen from the UK

So ive finally managed to pull the car out. Just needs a bit more wiring and tuning to finish it off but the air ride really has set it off i think. Really happy with it :).

Old 02-21-2015
SOEC Member

Bravo! That stance is sick. What system did you go with, AirLift?. I've been wanting to lower my car more; but coilovers probably won't work for me. My driveway is so steep that I have to crawl at an angle with the stock Racecraft suspension so I don't scrape the splitter. I have been researching the digital AirLift system. It has 8 presets. At the touch of a button it can instantly raise or lower. I don't race or track my car, just weekend cruises and shows; so this system may suit my needs. Way more expensive than coilovers though.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 02-22-2015

Sidv,
Let me know what you end up with..I want to put an air ride in the future. .but don't know what's best...still researching...
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 02-22-2015
SOEC Member

Looks Great!

99-126 "Saleena"
Old 02-25-2015

Looks awesome!!
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

2000 #944 Performance Red 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.

2002 #48 Mineral Gray Extreme